There are 154 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online

yup.. I'm the boss b***hes!!

NOLANONESENSE LIVES!!
me estas escuchando?? LIVES!!
Are any fans actually buying the connection to Bill Walsh as anything more then BS pandering. Like Lynch was somehow shadowing him learning the tricks of the trade.
I wish I can just Volunteer for a GM position and wow the interview and get the job!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm still in shock.
He mentioned he played for Walsh, Jed got aroused and hired him on the spot. He again said Walsh's name and got a sixth year added to the contract.
[ Edited by Temecula49ersfan on Jan 29, 2017 at 6:11 PM ]
Guys I haven't read all of this thread but this could turn out to be brilliant by Jed and Company. John Lynch as GM to give the team a face of the franchise that's well respected around the NFL. Mark Dominik who knows talent to team up with Tom Gamble to run the pro personnel and draft.Don't think for a minute that Mike Shanahan want also be helping behind the scenes in some capacity. To top it off you get the best offensive coordinator in the game as your head coach. I have to say Jed and Company put a lot of thought into this and must say they thought outside of the box for a change.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Just emailed my ticket rep to inform her I won't be renewing my tickets

You mad?

Refuse to keep spending thousands of dollars each year just for Jed York to slap us in the face. I will just watch the games from the comfort of my own home
Wow... I'm shocked, but in a good way! First time GM to join our awesome HC. Young blood with offensive and defensive strengths. Definitely a whole new look this upcoming season. I'm seriously looking forward to seeing how the draft plays out.

Thumbs up!
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Jan 29, 2017 at 6:12 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'm still in shock.

Jed didn't learn anthing.
[ Edited by ComeOnDeberg on Jan 29, 2017 at 6:11 PM ]

• obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by crabman82:

Man even Horseface Killah is taking jabs at us too.

Weren't they teammates at Denver?
I love that he's not a suit. He's a football player and will want to win first and foremost.
$10 we draft Malik Hooker.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Per Inman

#49ers indeed hiring John Lynch as GM. Jed York was wowed by Lynch's leadership & communication skills; plus Stanford link to Bill Walsh

These are the things you hire a Vice President of Football Operations for........

1000x this!

Sounds like that's exactly what Lynch will be, except with the title of GM instead.

How about you don't hire him for s**t but a intern or scout role. He's literally done nothing.
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by susweel:
f**k it I'm on board

#ShannyLynch2017.

Nice!

Yup!
Share 49ersWebzone