There are 262 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by okdkid:
They're going to bring in a former GM as the personnel guy. I'll judge based upon performance. How much worse can it possibly get? Dude has only one direction to go.

Yep, lets see who the personnel guy is. Sounding like Dominik but who knows..
  • Veteran
I am optimistic. Let's go!!
Originally posted by susweel:
f**k it I'm on board

#ShannyLynch2017.

OH HELL.....

"The idea to hire Lynch was his own. He personally called Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan about a week ago, and volunteered for the job."

Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Guys I haven't read all of this thread but this could turn out to be brilliant by Jed and Company. John Lynch as GM to give the team a face of the franchise that's well respected around the NFL. Mark Dominik who knows talent to team up with Tom Gamble to run the pro personnel and draft.Don't think for a minute that Mike Shanahan want also be helping behind the scenes in some capacity. To top it off you get the best offensive coordinator in the game as your head coach. I have to say Jed and Company put a lot of thought into this and must say they thought outside of the box for a change.

Stop posting.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Are any fans actually buying the connection to Bill Walsh as anything more then BS pandering. Like Lynch was somehow shadowing him learning the tricks of the trade.

I'm not. Anthony Lynn was hand picked by Walsh as a coaching candidate in his playing days. We didn't hire him
So we have a GM with zero personnel experience. Hopefully a head coach with zero head coaching experience and the Dorks and Maraathe running the team. Lol how could this possibly go bad. Smh
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
$10 we draft Malik Hooker.

Lol
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by bors:
Just woke up from a nap. Wtf?

Go back to sleep and dream that Paton is still in the race.

Originally posted by socal9er42:
Originally posted by crabman82:

....ouch

Did Sharpe ever get clocked by Lynch? Just wondering.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Jcool:
I remember when Matt Millen was a "genius" & was going to be a great GM. He said such smart things during the broadcast.

It sounds more like Dominik or whoever Lynch brings in is going to be GM, or at least they will handle much of the personnel duty. Lynch will be the guy mugging for the cameras, glad-handing free agents, being the public face of the front office.

This is what I believe also. Lynch will be more like a VP or go in between for owners, coaches, scouts & players. We will find out very soon
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
I love that he's not a suit. He's a football player and will want to win first and foremost.

That mentality is working well in DC right now.
  • rdc1
  • Veteran
From the timing of this either the two interviews on Saturday were a sham (not a good way to build credibility with the professionals in the rest of the league, or the two were not willing to take the position as offered.

I suspect from the timing that neither candidate was willing to accept the position as the 49ers wanted to structure it.
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
What debacle? You don't think he's fine with it?

I'll tell you what, if he is, he is not very smart.

I'll tell you what, you don't know what you're talking about.
He has extensive knowledge of how bad we are and what we need fixed due to calling many of our games 😂
Share 49ersWebzone