There are 289 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
I love that he's not a suit. He's a football player and will want to win first and foremost.

Yeah. I'm not defending the pick. But I'm not sure how you can hate on it either. It's unorthodox, but that doesn't mean his draft picks and FA pickups will automatically suck.

People have a narrative in their mind on how these things are supposed to go -- and when that narrative isn't matched with reality everybody turns into chicken little.

Let s**t play out.
Lynch would have no problem get players to buy into what ever he and Kyle is doling out. If Kyle Shanny picked him, no problem.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
You think the Niners were pushing Paton based on the dinner Friday and another meeting Saturday? I think this was 100 percent Shanahans call.
Starting with a clean slate... they werent f**king around.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Hope he turns this team around......wait and see before I start losing my s**t haha
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by susweel:
f**k it I'm on board

#ShannyLynch2017.

I like this hire even more knowing that jcool hates it.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Guys I haven't read all of this thread but this could turn out to be brilliant by Jed and Company. John Lynch as GM to give the team a face of the franchise that's well respected around the NFL. Mark Dominik who knows talent to team up with Tom Gamble to run the pro personnel and draft.Don't think for a minute that Mike Shanahan want also be helping behind the scenes in some capacity. To top it off you get the best offensive coordinator in the game as your head coach. I have to say Jed and Company put a lot of thought into this and must say they thought outside of the box for a change.
This may work. Can't be any worse than Baalke. It is a total 100% change in direction.

SHOCKING!
Originally posted by Wisconsininer:
So we have a GM with zero personnel experience. Hopefully a head coach with zero head coaching experience and the Dorks and Maraathe running the team. Lol how could this possibly go bad. Smh

Jed - No experience being an owner of anything.
Paraag - No experience being head of football operations
Lynch - No experience being a GM
Kyle - No experience being a HC

Recipe for success!!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Everyone is laughing at us

They have been doing that since the end of the 2014 season. Nothing will change that other than wins and Kyle will have the largest impact on that

• okdkid
  • Veteran
If they match him with a former GM -- what's the problem?

Y'all have been calling for former greats (Steve Young, Brent Jones, Ronnie Lott) to be GM of this franchise for years. HERE YOU GO
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
f**k it I'm on board

#ShannyLynch2017.

LOL
Originally posted by gold49digger:
This would actually turn out to be a decent FO if true.

I can't wait until the press conference.

Domenik has been out of football for 2 years. if he was so great, someone would have hired him. This just sucks. Period.
Originally posted by 4ML:
When no one wants to be your GM...

This was my thread

Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
I love that he's not a suit. He's a football player and will want to win first and foremost.

He has 0 experience. What seperates him from any other former player? We're talking about a tam completely void of talent. No time for him to learn on the fly. This is a Trump-like hire.
Share 49ersWebzone