LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 293 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Jesus this organization is a joke
I kinda enjoy splash hires. If we bring in Dominik or a solid personnel guy with experience I'll be happy.

I love seeing niner talk freak out also so that's fun.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
I know people are freaking out around the league but I think John Lynch is incredibly bright & he'll surround himself with smart dudes.

if york lets him....remember York and Paraag wanna be the top dogs in football decisions in the end ...
  • JEXIT
  • Veteran
Originally posted by onetrackt:
The 2011 fans are dropping like flies.. love it

I still would rather still have Harbaugh, but i get as to why i might be lumped into that group. Go Lynch go Shanahan go niners!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
It appears he won't be handling most of the personnel duties. He's GM but his responsibilities will be more like an Executive Vice President. He's bringing someone in to handle personnel, likely Dominick, Gamble will handle the Pro Personnel side and Marathe will do contracts+salary cap.

This is largely the same exact model Denver has. No real imagination on their part, who knows if it works out but they will have symmetry with Lynch, Dominik and Shanahan.

This is wishful thinking. As I said, John Lynch has NEVER RUN ANYTHING. John Elway built a business empire. He knows how to manage people and money. This will not work on a team like 49ers where there is no talent right now. There is nothing to build from.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
I know people are freaking out around the league but I think John Lynch is incredibly bright & he'll surround himself with smart dudes.

I sure as Fuq hope that this is the case, but really?
Let's get to work
Originally posted by dald1:
Jesus this organization is a joke

Join my steelers.
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
It's working wonderfully in Denver. Lynch is going to be the face of the franchise. He's not going to be the personnel guy.

Elway didn't build that team from the ground up. This is a difficult job for even the most seasoned GM let alone one with no experience. 6 year deal? LMAO

Lynch is only here because Jed struck out with so many potential GMs. Our GM is a guy who asked for the job...just like Chip.
[ Edited by Blindfury on Jan 29, 2017 at 6:18 PM ]
As long he doesn't have a DB and ACL fetish, I'm onboard.

For once in my life, I will have to stop and think about this before I post.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
You mad?

Hey man he's a "fan" "4life"
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
I kinda enjoy splash hires. If we bring in Dominik or a solid personnel guy with experience I'll be happy.

I love seeing niner talk freak out also so that's fun.

with no experience at either coaching and GM positions, wouldn't you freak out? this team is mess, they wouldn't know where to start. it's like JED wants to make his legacy, except he has no clue how to do it .
Should have just given it to Ronnie Lott. At least he is a beloved former 9er with the same amount of experience.
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Join my steelers.

Lol ill stop watching football entirely before i ever switch teams
Share 49ersWebzone