LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 296 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I guess giving important jobs to people with no background or qualification is the new trend of 2017
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
As long he doesn't have a DB and ACL fetish, I'm onboard.

Who needs or wants the GM to be the face of the franchise? We need pur coach and qb to be faces of the franchise not the gm. GM face of the framchse just sounds retarded
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Webzone today: I hate my Niners! We suck! Everybody is laughing at us!

Webzone in September: Yeah! Football baby! Excited to see the rookies and FA's!
What's next from JedRaag? Hope everyone turns in their tickets.
Hope he can spot talent because he doesn't know anything else.
Originally posted by Jcool:
OH HELL.....

"The idea to hire Lynch was his own. He personally called Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan about a week ago, and volunteered for the job."

Which basically means Shanahan brought him to the Niners. Which is basically the HC/GM team They said they were going for to begin with.

The name is a shock (and the FO structure is gonna be different than in recent years in SF), but it's exactly what they set out to do.

Now, if Dominik never gets hired as the head Personnel guy, then fine, something is amiss. But fans wanted a "football guy" like Young at the top to be the barrier between the HC/FO and ownership. Well, they got that guy in Lynch.
It is quite a risky move. If it works Jed and Paraag will get credit as visionaries.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Go into the convince store to buy some gummy worms and this s**t pops up

FML

They gave a guy who's never done ANYTHING related to the job a 6 year f**king contract?? Jed literally needs to step away from the team and hope the fans don't completely revolt at this point. Soooooo much f**kery it's ridiculous.

I would rather maddog, OTC, and AB run the team

I at least have years of successful experience in player evaluation.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 29, 2017 at 6:19 PM ]
So we're gonna rely on 2 tv guys in Lynch and Dominik to run this franchise

• okdkid
  • Veteran
95.7 The GAME @957thegame
John Lynch: "W/ all due respect to Jim Tomsula, they let go of Jim Harbaugh, a tremendous coach. I think it's a failure of the organization"
___

I like the guy already.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
This guy is a game commentator on TV right?

He seems like a nice dude, but that's about it. LOL.

If the Kyle Shanahan's tie is when Lynch played for the Broncos, while we may say WTF, but this could be a name that Mike gave Kyle when asked.

I am going to keep an open mind and give this guy a chance.

Think about it, this HC/GM hiring could have gone a lot of worse. I still remember when Tomsula and Kelly were hired, now that was the pits!

Stay positive! Let's go 9ers!!
We are going defense with the #2 pick
Originally posted by filthyrich49er:
Let's get to work

YES!!! Let's do this. Keep the hate and doubts coming.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Jcool:
OH HELL.....

"The idea to hire Lynch was his own. He personally called Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan about a week ago, and volunteered for the job."

Which basically means Shanahan brought him to the Niners. Which is basically the HC/GM team They said they were going for to begin with.

The name is a shock (and the FO structure is gonna be different than in recent years in SF), but it's exactly what they set out to do.

Now, if Dominik never gets hired as the head Personnel guy, then fine, something is amiss. But fans wanted a "football guy" like Young at the top to be the barrier between the HC/FO and ownership. Well, they got that guy in Lynch.

Which side is Marathe, FO or ownership?
Share 49ersWebzone