Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Here come all the Debbie downers who say we don't need him

"We don't need him"

WE DONT NEED HIM

Originally posted by picklejuice:

not to be a debbie downer, but I feel he would have a hard time seeing the field here
WR3 and on run downs, I think you want JJ out there, how is his run blocking?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

not to be a debbie downer, but I feel he would have a hard time seeing the field here

When this guy is healthy, he's unstoppable. He has a 1.0% drop rate, which is absolutely ridiculously amazing. He gets open with ease.

if we could sign him, I'd get rid of Aiyuk for a first or something. And I love Aiyuk
I think alot of teams didnt to wanted trade for him because of his 30 mil cap hit ?
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on May 26, 2023 at 3:08 PM ]
It'll boil down to $$$$$$$$$$$$

"He was doing some dirty things," Ward said. "He tried to clip me, he grabbed me by the throat. He grabbed my facemask on one play, so I don't respect his game. That's steroid boy."

-Charvarius Ward
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

"He was doing some dirty things," Ward said. "He tried to clip me, he grabbed me by the throat. He grabbed my facemask on one play, so I don't respect his game. That's steroid boy."

-Charvarius Ward

rarely has my respect for a player risen so highly after a few short words as in this moment right here
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
I think alot of teams didnt to wanted trade for him because of his 30 mil cap hit ?

Idk if any team can take on a $30M cap hit right now. I think only the bears have $30M+ in cap space

-Charvarius Ward

I forgot about this. Lol maybe he wouldn't mesh well here. He is a stud though, incredible hands.

Originally posted by tankle104:

-Charvarius Ward

I forgot about this. Lol maybe he wouldn't mesh well here. He is a stud though, incredible hands.

Some of the best hands in the game.
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
alright time to sign deandre hopkins and win it all!

This!

He is likely to want a lot of money and hasn't achieved a whole lot in the last two years. No thanks, we are good with our current group.

That was the same rhetoric around CMC when we were involved in potentially trading for him

After.a string of 7 thousand yard or near seasons, his last two years netted 572 and 717 yards. Carolina hadn't given up on CMC and washed their hands of him, unlike the Cards. I don't think your comparison carries much value to be honest. Hopkins was available for a trade for some time. Nobody wanted him.

Aiyuk 1015 yards
Kittle 765
Hopkins 717
Deebo 632
CMC 646
Jauan 416

Hopkins would fit in just fine.
[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on May 26, 2023 at 4:32 PM ]

Schefter said no one wanted to take on his $19.45M salary, and he wasn't willing to reduce it.

When this guy is healthy, he's unstoppable. He has a 1.0% drop rate, which is absolutely ridiculously amazing. He gets open with ease.

if we could sign him, I'd get rid of Aiyuk for a first or something. And I love Aiyuk

Hell no, no way I trade a younger Aiyuk for a 32yr old Hopkins who is on the decline, this reminds me of Julio Jones all over, ppl wanted us to trade for Julio, then he plays like crap.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Man if I have Hopkins on my team idgaf he's going to see the field over Jennings 100% of the time. It's a moot point anyways as I'm preparing for him to go to KC, BUF, PHI or DAL
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Schefter said no one wanted to take on his $19.45M salary, and he wasn't willing to reduce it.

I thought it was more than 19, but you the cap guy so I trust you on this.

Idk if any team can take on a $30M cap hit right now. I think only the bears have $30M+ in cap space

I think bears and lions only teams with a lot of cap space atm?
Share 49ersWebzone