Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Here come all the Debbie downers who say we don't need him

"We don't need him"

WE DONT NEED HIM

Lol

Lol, C3PO looks like he's doing Road Dogg's "Oh You Didn't Know" from WWE/WWF days.
sign him to our practice squad.
I think he'll go to the Bears
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
I think alot of teams didnt to wanted trade for him because of his 30 mil cap hit ?

Schefter said no one wanted to take on his $19.45M salary, and he wasn't willing to reduce it.

Originally posted by tankle104:
When this guy is healthy, he's unstoppable. He has a 1.0% drop rate, which is absolutely ridiculously amazing. He gets open with ease.

if we could sign him, I'd get rid of Aiyuk for a first or something. And I love Aiyuk

Hell no, no way I trade a younger Aiyuk for a 32yr old Hopkins who is on the decline, this reminds me of Julio Jones all over, ppl wanted us to trade for Julio, then he plays like crap.

Well we will most likely lose Aiyuk in one-two seasons anyways, only reason I even suggested it. I'd prefer to keep him but that would be the only way to make Hopkins work. Hopkins is a much better threat overall, but Aiyuk is an awesome all around wr.

i doubt it happens. He doesn't like Purdy/Lance :( per his post.
I think alot of teams didnt to wanted trade for him because of his 30 mil cap hit ?

Schefter said no one wanted to take on his $19.45M salary, and he wasn't willing to reduce it.

When this guy is healthy, he's unstoppable. He has a 1.0% drop rate, which is absolutely ridiculously amazing. He gets open with ease.

if we could sign him, I'd get rid of Aiyuk for a first or something. And I love Aiyuk

Hell no, no way I trade a younger Aiyuk for a 32yr old Hopkins who is on the decline, this reminds me of Julio Jones all over, ppl wanted us to trade for Julio, then he plays like crap.

Well we will most likely lose Aiyuk in one-two seasons anyways, only reason I even suggested it. I'd prefer to keep him but that would be the only way to make Hopkins work. Hopkins is a much better threat overall, but Aiyuk is an awesome all around wr.

We're not losing Aiyuk, he'll be extended next offseason IMO.

Agree - they'll figure it out.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Yes indeed they will. I expect them to extend Mooney Ward, Dre Greenlaw(only signed a 2yr extension), & Arik Armstead next offseason, that'll save over $27.6M, redo Deebo saves over $15.6M. Hufanga & Banks will be eligible for new deals as well, both will see their base salaries escalate, $4.901M for Hufanga, which is the projected 2nd-round tender, and Banks to $3.124M, same for Lenoir. We could see some extensions happen after the 2023 season is over, gonna need cap room, as it's gonna be super tight, but redoing Deebo, + extending Ward, Greenlaw, & Armstead saves the team over $43M, would give the team, if Bosa has say a $12M cap number, which is doable for 2024, in the $10M range for cap room, before any adjustments/credits, or carryover.

I envision this being our core players for the next 3-5yrs or more

CMC
Juice
Deebo
BA
Kittle
Trent (I expect him to play out his deal)
Banks
Bosa
Armstead
Hargrave
Jackson
Warner
Greenlaw
Ward
Hufanga
Moody
Wishnowsky
Pepper

If they perform well over the next few years, I'd add the following.

Gray
Bell
Brendel
Burford
Zakelj
McKivitz
Beal
K.Davis
Winters
Graham
Lenoir
Oliver
Womack
Luter
Brown

I expect them to lose guys like Jauan Jennings, Elijah Mitchell, Kevin Givens, and others like that in the next 2 offseasons.

I left off George Odum, Oren Burks, Ray-Ray, Hartsfield cause we just don't know how special teams will be valued by the 49ers & the NFL as a whole.

As for QB, whoever it is, Brock or Trey, they're our franchise QB IMO.
[ Edited by AB81Rules on May 28, 2023 at 12:23 PM ]

Why would we let Aiyuk go? He's a better pure receiver than Deebo at this point and outplayed him. Breakout year and entering his prime. If anyone should get traded, it should be Deebo in a year or two. Concerned he'll get banged up a bit soon.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on May 28, 2023 at 1:08 PM ]

Hopkins best football is behind him. I'm not taking him over Aiyuk.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Yes indeed they will. I expect them to extend Mooney Ward, Dre Greenlaw(only signed a 2yr extension), & Arik Armstead next offseason, that'll save over $27.6M, redo Deebo saves over $15.6M. Hufanga & Banks will be eligible for new deals as well, both will see their base salaries escalate, $4.901M for Hufanga, which is the projected 2nd-round tender, and Banks to $3.124M, same for Lenoir. We could see some extensions happen after the 2023 season is over, gonna need cap room, as it's gonna be super tight, but redoing Deebo, + extending Ward, Greenlaw, & Armstead saves the team over $43M, would give the team, if Bosa has say a $12M cap number, which is doable for 2024, in the $10M range for cap room, before any adjustments/credits, or carryover.

I envision this being our core players for the next 3-5yrs or more

CMC
Juice
Deebo
BA
Kittle
Trent (I expect him to play out his deal)
Banks
Bosa
Armstead
Hargrave
Jackson
Warner
Greenlaw
Ward
Hufanga
Moody
Wishnowsky
Pepper

If they perform well over the next few years, I'd add the following.

Gray
Bell
Brendel
Burford
Zakelj
McKivitz
Beal
K.Davis
Winters
Graham
Lenoir
Oliver
Womack
Luter
Brown

I expect them to lose guys like Jauan Jennings, Elijah Mitchell, Kevin Givens, and others like that in the next 2 offseasons.

I left off George Odum, Oren Burks, Ray-Ray, Hartsfield cause we just don't know how special teams will be valued by the 49ers & the NFL as a whole.

As for QB, whoever it is, Brock or Trey, they're our franchise QB IMO.

Interesting. I was under the impression we wouldn't be able to afford Aiyuk. It would be awesome if we could.

Does this hurt the team in a few years wherr we are just kicking the can down the road like the rams did? Or is it doable because of our qb contract situations?
[ Edited by tankle104 on May 28, 2023 at 5:19 PM ]
Interesting. I was under the impression we wouldn't be able to afford Aiyuk. It would be awesome if we could.

Does this hurt the team in a few years wherr we are just kicking the can down the road like the rams did? Or is it doable because of our qb contract situations?

It is, but they can't redo the same deals every year, like the Saints did that put them into their cap problems.

Plus with the cap rising thanks to new TV deals, that will help big time, by 2026 the cap should be $300M, and we should see $20M increases a year.

It is, but they can't redo the same deals every year, like the Saints did that put them into their cap problems.

Plus with the cap rising thanks to new TV deals, that will help big time, by 2026 the cap should be $300M, and we should see $20M increases a year.

Appreciate the context. I was aware of the tv revenue. I just thought that since we have a ton of contracts ballooning in 2024-2026, it wouldn't be likely we keep Aiyuk. The contract restructuring makes sense though.

Appreciate the context. I was aware of the tv revenue. I just thought that since we have a ton of contracts ballooning in 2024-2026, it wouldn't be likely we keep Aiyuk. The contract restructuring makes sense though.

Anytime.

Anytime.

The cap will be $300 million but QBs will be making $40-$50 million.
Share 49ersWebzone