LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 151 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It may look better here, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2023/06/12/comparing-all-32-teams-positional-rankings-from-pff-com/
Looks like TO still salty Lynch won't sign him
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Lynch and Woodson were both 4 time all pros but Lynch had 9 pro bowl selections versus 5 for Woodson.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Lynch and Woodson were both 4 time all pros but Lynch had 9 pro bowl selections versus 5 for Woodson.

TO lost the plot over 20 years ago, when he publicly feuded with Garcia, in disgusting ways.. the TO MO throw your own guys, good ppl, under the bus, for seemingly no reason. Like JL is gonna sign a 65 year old TO.. lol.. come on man. Did TO win a ring?
TO - Still a scumbag!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
How valuable is it to have your father here taking a look at practice and having another set of eyes that you trust?
"I always love having my dad around. It's good to see him and spend time with him. I love that. My son's here, my nephew, so it's good that he can hang around them a little bit. And he loves watching football. So it's nice to talk to him a little bit at the end of the night instead of getting a bunch of texts. It's a little easier and it's nice to be able to have a beer with him at the end of the night too."
I think Kyle's father is an unsung hero in the 49ers front office. He was instrumental in getting Brian Griese to coach for Kyle. Griesi was Mike's QB when he was coaching in Denver. Purdy was a direct result of hiring Brian.

I also think Mike was a big influence in Kyle drafting Trey, after all, Mike worked with John Elway, and knows how a rocket arm like Elways' arm won him a lot of last second games for his two Super Bowl wins. John Lynch, the 49ers current GM, was also Mike's player in Denver. As long as Mike is there - I'm pretty confident that the front office will remain strong even if both John and Adam go to greener pastures. Don't get me wrong though, I want both to be with the 49ers till they die.
Trey Lance, three first rounders, looking like a bust.
Javon Kinlaw, first rounder to fill the void of the Buckner trade, looking like a bust.
Third round pick spent on a kicker who misses his first two pre-season kicks.
Nick Bosa still not signed.

I don't know about Lynch. They do a great job finding talented players off the street or in later rounds, but he sure seems to miss a lot of layups in the early rounds. A team can't withstand that forever. Lance and Kinlaw both look like busts. Moody I'll just pray it was opening day jitters ... but isn't that THE key with kickers, that they don't get the jitters? We need to do better with our drafts.
^^^ Peters needs to be calling the shots
Originally posted by jreff22:
^^^ Peters needs to be calling the shots

We'll find out how much Peters pulled in the future once he becomes the man.
Talk about overreaction to one preseason game, makes no the sense, guys list the bad picks or bad signings, but refuse to list the good picks & signings.

As for Bosa, he'll be signed, takes time for extensions to come together, not as simple as many think it is.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Talk about overreaction to one preseason game, makes no the sense, guys list the bad picks or bad signings, but refuse to list the good picks & signings.

As for Bosa, he'll be signed, takes time for extensions to come together, not as simple as many think it is.

What kind of contract do you expect Bosa to get??? $200 million??
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Trey Lance, three first rounders, looking like a bust.
Javon Kinlaw, first rounder to fill the void of the Buckner trade, looking like a bust.
Third round pick spent on a kicker who misses his first two pre-season kicks.
Nick Bosa still not signed.

I don't know about Lynch. They do a great job finding talented players off the street or in later rounds, but he sure seems to miss a lot of layups in the early rounds. A team can't withstand that forever. Lance and Kinlaw both look like busts. Moody I'll just pray it was opening day jitters ... but isn't that THE key with kickers, that they don't get the jitters? We need to do better with our drafts.

This regime finds tons of talent in the mid to later rounds so for me its like damn if they missed only half as much at the top the last 7 years ...oooof this roster would be that much more deadly, but overall I cant say they are horrible drafters, that's not fair. It's only fair to say they whif a bunch with higher picks than lower picks.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I think it's more in the 5yr $34M a yr range, so $170M, $110M GTD, $82M-$90M fully GTD, but that's what I would do, with a $35M signing bonus, saving $9.779M in cap room.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I think it's more in the 5yr $34M a yr range, so $170M, $110M GTD, $82M-$90M fully GTD, but that's what I would do, with a $35M signing bonus, saving $9.779M in cap room.

That's still crazy money for a player that doesn't touch the ball. Then again, Bosa probably handled the ball more times than Jalen Hurd. lol
What???

The San Francisco 49ers have signed DL La'Darius Hamilton and DL Tomasi Laulile to one-year deals. The team placed DL Taco Charlton on the Injured Reserve List to make room on the roster and waived RB Khalan Laborn.
Share 49ersWebzone