LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 236 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
What???

The San Francisco 49ers have signed DL La'Darius Hamilton and DL Tomasi Laulile to one-year deals. The team placed DL Taco Charlton on the Injured Reserve List to make room on the roster and waived RB Khalan Laborn.

Mmm? Problem?
Originally posted by English:
What???

The San Francisco 49ers have signed DL La'Darius Hamilton and DL Tomasi Laulile to one-year deals. The team placed DL Taco Charlton on the Injured Reserve List to make room on the roster and waived RB Khalan Laborn.

Mmm? Problem?

Taco...when and how did he get hurt?
Originally posted by English:
What???

Mmm? Problem?

Taco...when and how did he get hurt?

I would say practice, or freak off the field injury. Likely gets an injury settlement.
Speaking of the guy who should get fired for jacking off three first round picks and a third round pick...
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Speaking of the guy who should get fired for jacking off three first round picks and a third round pick...

Peak ninertalk ....you don't fire a guy that created the roster this team has. From dumpster fire to perennial contender.

This! Scouts seem to be doing the work he's getting credit for, and as GM, shouldn't the Buck stop with him? Meanwhile, Bosa still unsigned.
It was stated that it came down to Trey or Jones in the 2021 draft. Jones is closer to Kyle's prototype at QB. I am just guessing here but I think Trey Lance was a John Lynch pick. Obviously Kyle was on board but he probably needed some convincing.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

This! Scouts seem to be doing the work he's getting credit for, and as GM, shouldn't the Buck stop with him? Meanwhile, Bosa still unsigned.

In all seriousness, what is Lynch's actual role in the FO besides PR and his league contacts/communication? It seems that Peters and the scouts have been doing the real work especially their stellar drafting in the mid to later rounds.

This roster is ok but not great. Look at the O-line, QB, and CB positions. We have one guy at each of those positions however two of those positions require units.

Plus we are going to be over the cap so the roster will change. We are paying a lot of money to finish 3rd or 4th every year.
I love John Lynch but this is a pretty epic fail even more than Reuben Foster and Javon Kinlaw and kickers and punters in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame

We are waiting for you to jump in and close the Bosa deal.................

until then cry more.
This roster is ok but not great. Look at the O-line, QB, and CB positions. We have one guy at each of those positions however two of those positions require units.

Plus we are going to be over the cap so the roster will change. We are paying a lot of money to finish 3rd or 4th every year.

We had as many All Pros as Philly and KC...6.

Every other team had 3 or less.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by evil:

Fair.

have to agree with glory on QB and Oline.

I have high hopes for Purdy but can you imagine this roster with a blue chip top 3 QB? championship city.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by evil:

Fair.

have to agree with glory on QB and Oline.

I have high hopes for Purdy but can you imagine this roster with a blue chip top 3 QB? championship city.

Then you wouldn't have this roster.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
It was stated that it came down to Trey or Jones in the 2021 draft. Jones is closer to Kyle's prototype at QB. I am just guessing here but I think Trey Lance was a John Lynch pick. Obviously Kyle was on board but he probably needed some convincing.

Lynch publicly said no to that. He knew who he liked but never said a word to Kyle. And was surprised when Kyle told him he wanted Lance.. And he also said do you really think I have the final say on qb? Meaning he defers to Kyle for that position. Whereas Kyle defers to John on defense etc etc. I think they swung and really helped themselves miss.
Share 49ersWebzone