There are 188 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by NDSU:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
After going to 3 straight NFCC. Was Lance gonna take the 9ers over the hump or something!!! lol
No. KS has made some costly mistakes and if the team sucks somehow (BP gets injured), what are the ramifications?

Maybe not let them trade the farm or gamble on a player i.e Joe Williams, Ruben Foster, Trey Lance. I'm all for keeping Kyle specifically but him and John Lynch have effectively wasted 4 1st round picks and several mid round picks entirely. Not even serviceable or "okay" just straight bad.

Hows our roster looking?

I'm not advocating to fire them, but 1st round picks have been atrocious of which we even traded up for even

Joshua Garnett
Solomon Thomas
Reuben Foster
Javon Kinlaw
Trey Lance +3

Thats 7 of 9 1st round picks that didn't attribute anything at all and I'm keeping McGlinchey out

Man that's bad.
Holy f**k I forgot all about Joshua Garnett. Maaaaaan now I'm remembering that waste
Maybe not let them trade the farm or gamble on a player i.e Joe Williams, Ruben Foster, Trey Lance. I'm all for keeping Kyle specifically but him and John Lynch have effectively wasted 4 1st round picks and several mid round picks entirely. Not even serviceable or "okay" just straight bad.

As has every GM. Bill B has been GM for 23 years and has Edelman and Gronk to show for it on the skill position side.
Shanny and Lynch didn't draft Garnett
Garnett was a Baalke pick no?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Holy f**k I forgot all about Joshua Garnett. Maaaaaan now I'm remembering that waste

Yea i forgot about him too
  • thl408
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Garnett was a Baalke pick.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

This. He was in the Buckner draft. They traded up with Kansas City to take him. Kansas City with the 49ers original 2nd rounder took Chris Jones who a few years later would wreck the 49ers chances of winning the SB.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This. He was in the Buckner draft. They traded up with Kansas City to take him. Kansas City with the 49ers original 2nd rounder took Chris Jones who a few years later would wreck the 49ers chances of winning the SB.

I did not know that and wish I still didn't.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
As a John Lynch & Kyle Shanahan fan, and sometimes called a Homer, there needs to be some sorta repercussions for this failure of the Trey Lance trade, but to say fire Lynch or Shanny makes no sense, they've built a roster, and a culture, a super bowl roster, whether the haters agree or not, this regime has either signed, traded for, or drafted Purdy, CMC, Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle, Trent, Banks, Bosa, Hargrave, Juice, Warner, Dre, Mooney, Hufanga, Gipson, Lenoir, plus so many other players who are good players like Mitchell, Womack, Burford, Brendel, re-signed Armstead for much less than Buckner got. Lynch & Shanny, & Peters, who should be the next GM, not saying fire John, but when John is done as GM, Peters needs to be the new GM, they are responsible for both the failure of the Trey trade, and the success we've had.

Agreed. Well said.

They've cost us tons and tons of cap space and key capitol is high draft picks and FA's with low to zero ROI from Kinlaw, Foster, Alexander, Ford, Richburg, Lance, etc. What shoulder? What knee? What inexperience? What injury history?

Some was their fault. Some not.

AB, if you were to do the cap hit damage here it would be objectively catastrophic.

Had any one of these choices ended up healthy or better choices, we'd probably have #6 by now. Maybe #7, honestly.

BUT, they've somehow managed to offset most of these loses in low cost-high ROI through 7 years and that has kept them ultra competitive.

And that's where we remain today. So no, ShanaLynch should not be fired but they need to cut their losses and move on as quickly as possible and grow from these failures.

To me, it seems like the same things cost us annually so I question how much they've learned.

1. They are still constructing a team with a 1990's model (DL and running game strength)
2. They continue to fail at QB (we'll see how Brock does long term but let's be real; he was eyed as a potential quality PS player)
3. They continue to stress RB > unit PP
4. They continue to allocate top-heavy resources to the DL > secondary
5. Soft practices = slow starts = late burnout
6. Discipline concerns (e.g. untimely drops, penalties, coaching gaffes)
7. Annually lead the league in injuries

They've got a lot of things to clean up besides the aforementioned personnel issues.

If they clean up ANY of these, they'll be right there in the end.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 24, 2023 at 12:35 PM ]

Originally posted by thl408:

I did not know that and wish I still didn't.

HAHAHA I thought the exact same thing.

My bad, 6 out of 8 doesn't sound much better
[ Edited by Since07 on Aug 24, 2023 at 12:32 PM ]
When is this soft ass 49ers media gonna ask some tough questions? KS and JL ducked the media yesterday and did softball radio hits. And it's crickets on Bosa. When are the media going to press these fools about what's going on. 14 days to the start of the season and there isn't any reporting on the Bosa deal.
Garnett was a Baalke pick like people have said...

To me the issue with this regime drafting isn't that they miss on players. Everyone misses on players, even the best of the best. Constantly.

No, my knock is that they have too many misses where they identify a player as a target to start/replace a starter, and trade capital to acquire these said players, only for them to end up as misses. CJ Beathard, J Williams, Pettis, etc. Whereas the hits are typically either no-brainers (Bosa) or late-round selections where there's no pressure to become a starter and more external scouting plays a big role. Almost every time they drafted a high round pick to replace or become a defacto starter it has not worked very well or the results were mixed (McGlinchey who is a good player but not living up to his draft slot and having some significant flaws).

In other words, what it means to me is that they often miss on players they specifically identify as targets to start, damning both their evaluation AND concept of draft value.
[ Edited by the_dynasty on Aug 24, 2023 at 12:34 PM ]

There's already people on the side of the bridge about the jump and you come in here with this as the final push?
Share 49ersWebzone