LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 226 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is some crazy s**t around here. Dudes around here would get a free blow job and complain about about it. Got a Super Bowl roster and complain that the drafting is not better. Some captain hind sight mofo's around here.
Oh yeah and if you want better than Kyle and John go ahead and let us know who that is. Go ahead we'll wait.
If they're doing such a bad job how come the coaching staff and FO gets poached every year?
I should know better than go into Niner Talk s**t is crazy
Originally posted by Andra:
This is some crazy s**t around here. Dudes around here would get a free blow job and complain about about it. Got a Super Bowl roster and complain that the drafting is not better. Some captain hind sight mofo's around here.
Oh yeah and if you want better than Kyle and John go ahead and let us know who that is. Go ahead we'll wait.
If they're doing such a bad job how come the coaching staff and FO gets poached every year?

A place were it seems logical to expect perfection or get the 🪓

Originally posted by SLCNiner:

Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by captveg:
Beathard and Williams were never "targets to start/replace a starter". They were mid-round picks drafted as role players. One ended up playing earlier than desired and became a career backup as one would expect mid-round QBs to be. The other busted due to work ethic but it ended up meaning very little to the talent in the RB room.

Get over Joe Williams, man. It was six damn years ago for a rebuilding roster that - GUESS WHAT - got rebuilt.

This isn't about Joe Williams. This is about almost systemic failure in higher rounds. I will give them Aiyuk, and Banks thankfully looks like not a bust, but aside from that my point stands.

They got Reuben Foster despite red flags and reportedly were thinking of picking him at #3
They traded up to get Trey Sermon. The highest-drafted RB in Kyle's time here.
He was cut after a season

Another RB picked in the third after the Sermon fail was TDP. He looks incredibly mid right now and is on the roster bubble

Look at every draft in this regime's era. The 1-3 rounds have more misses than round 5. A couple of times is a coincidence, but consistent datapoints show towards a pattern.

So do you give them credit for systematic success in lower rounds? How about giving them credit for systematic success in the draft overall? What about systematic success of roster building?
[ Edited by libertyforever on Aug 24, 2023 at 9:44 PM ]
Originally posted by zeppfan1:

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zeppfan1:

Lets get Bosa done and on the field. Not asking too much from the front office right? I mean now that the Trey debacle is for all to see maybe he can spend some time doing this right and get us ready for the regular season.
[ Edited by Bringbackedjr on Aug 25, 2023 at 9:16 AM ]
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Lets get Bosa done and on the field. Not asking too much from the front office right? I mean now that the Trey debacle is for all to see maybe he can spend some time doing this right and get us ready for the regular season.

You have to think it's on both sides, Bosa may be asking for the moon, and we're offering something reasonable to beat Donald's number, and Watt & his Brothers numbers, but he may want to be highest paid for a while which isn't likely, someone will come along, Parsons IMO, and will get more when time comes. Don't blame just Kyle & John, this is also on Bosa, he should have reported IMO, he didn't have to do anything, or play, just holdin like Deebo did, Deebo was seen as a villain, yet Bosa gets a pass, makes no sense.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

You have to think it's on both sides, Bosa may be asking for the moon, and we're offering something reasonable to beat Donald's number, and Watt & his Brothers numbers, but he may want to be highest paid for a while which isn't likely, someone will come along, Parsons IMO, and will get more when time comes. Don't blame just Kyle & John, this is also on Bosa, he should have reported IMO, he didn't have to do anything, or play, just holdin like Deebo did, Deebo was seen as a villain, yet Bosa gets a pass, makes no sense.

I think because Deebo and his antics, deleting 9er related stuff on twitter or whatever the hell social media he uses. And asking for a trade. Bosa has done none of that.

Because Bosa has been radio silent about this. Deebo went public while requesting a trade.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I think because Deebo and his antics, deleting 9er related stuff on twitter or whatever the hell social media he uses. And asking for a trade. Bosa has done none of that.

Thats exactly what is. Its a tactic so i kinda understand it but old school guys like myself don't like it. If Deebo remained silent he wouldnt have caught half the slack he had.

Excellent post!!
Trey to Dallas will come back and bite you and Kyle in the ass. Dallas with rings and niners stuck with a coach who thinks he is the smartest guy to step on a football field since his daddy was coaching. You better hope purdy is the real deal or you have condemned us to Sam f**king darnold. Great job guys. Well done. Btw, put Bosa on the field. This get worse by the day.
JL - "We took a shot and it didn't work out"

after the shot:

Share 49ersWebzone