LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 264 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by jcs:
His record with 1st round picks has got to be one of the worst in the league.

Yeah it's such a black eye to this regime.

We should just be the Rams and dump our 1st round picks for proven star players at this point. Aiyuk is the only 1st round pick that we legitimately hit on. The rest were either mediocre (McGlinchey), a sure thing taken in the top 2 (Bosa), or complete busts (the rest).

Just go ahead and pony up our 2024 and 2025 1sts for some disgruntled star. We can't get worse results than drafting busts.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Aug 26, 2023 at 8:02 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

And his record getting all pros outside the first is the best in the league.

He is evening it out with the day 2 day 3 picks . But how long can that last ?

hopefully forever
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
He said we take accountability
What elements is he supposed to do. Get on his knees and beg forgiveness? He made a bad move. He admitted it. Let it go.

Here's what he should have said.

Yeah we drafted trey hoping he would develop faster. He didn't. he actually sucked. We fiucked.up. but we have purdy ro save our ass and we are excited.

What does it mean to "take accountability"? Sounds kind of meaningless.

It means they take responsibility for making the mistake. They admit it. I think that's the best they can do under the circumstances. If they win with Brock nobody will even care about this f**k up.

most importantly, it likely will never happen again....
Originally posted by Dshearn:
What elements is he supposed to do. Get on his knees and beg forgiveness? He made a bad move. He admitted it. Let it go.

Yeah we drafted trey hoping he would develop faster. He didn't. he actually sucked. We fiucked.up. but we have purdy ro save our ass and we are excited.

It means they take responsibility for making the mistake. They admit it. I think that's the best they can do under the circumstances. If they win with Brock nobody will even care about this f**k up.

They learn from their mistakes. Look at the Foster, Williams and Pettis situations and how we now avoid these types of players like the plague. Football has to be #1 in your life if you want to be drafted here. That's why I'm sure they'll never make this kind of mistake again. They took a huge gamble with limited information and lost, but finding Purdy has also allowed them to quickly move on. People make mistakes. It happens. They aren't perfect and both are still pretty new to running a team since neither had any prior experience before coming here, when most other execs spend 10+ years working in the front office before getting their chance.

Lynch and Shanny have done way more good than bad, so I'm sticking with our guys until the end. Hopefully they secure #6 before they exit, but I'm greedy and want #7 and #8 too lol. They been so close that the last few years and something tells me they'll finally kick the door down soon.

This Lance situation isn't making me lose confidence in them. If anything I gained even more respect because of how quickly they owned it and bounced back like it never happened. This team is better today than when they made the trade, when most teams would be crippled for years if they made the same deal.
you lil fudger sign the man already.
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Originally posted by Dshearn:

They learn from their mistakes. Look at the Foster, Williams and Pettis situations and how we now avoid these types of players like the plague. Football has to be #1 in your life if you want to be drafted here. That's why I'm sure they'll never make this kind of mistake again. They took a huge gamble with limited information and lost, but finding Purdy has also allowed them to quickly move on. People make mistakes. It happens. They aren't perfect and both are still pretty new to running a team since neither had any prior experience before coming here, when most other execs spend 10+ years working in the front office before getting their chance.

Lynch and Shanny have done way more good than bad, so I'm sticking with our guys until the end. Hopefully they secure #6 before they exit, but I'm greedy and want #7 and #8 too lol. They been so close that the last few years and something tells me they'll finally kick the door down soon.

This Lance situation isn't making me lose confidence in them. If anything I gained even more respect because of how quickly they owned it and bounced back like it never happened. This team is better today than when they made the trade, when most teams would be crippled for years if they made the same deal.

Could have not said it better! Bravo. Tired of the negativity
The lesson that should be learnt is that Kyle should be kept away from making stupid draft crushes and leave the GM and his team to do their jobs.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

We should just be the Rams and dump our 1st round picks for proven star players at this point. Aiyuk is the only 1st round pick that we legitimately hit on. The rest were either mediocre (McGlinchey), a sure thing taken in the top 2 (Bosa), or complete busts (the rest).

Just go ahead and pony up our 2024 and 2025 1sts for some disgruntled star. We can't get worse results than drafting busts.

They get credit for Bosa whether you like it or not. And as I recall, not all fans were thrilled about the pick at the time of the draft. Saying he was injury prone. As far as MM, his market value on his 2nd contract was higher than we could afford so that must account for something.
Hoping SF can claim some OL depth with all the cut downs
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

They get credit for Bosa whether you like it or not. And as I recall, not all fans were thrilled about the pick at the time of the draft. Saying he was injury prone. As far as MM, his market value on his 2nd contract was higher than we could afford so that must account for something.

Bosa is my favorite player, and I wanted him the moment Jimmy got hurt in 2018. He instantly filled a desperate need of ours at the second-most important position in the sport. It was as much of a layup as it gets and people saying "herp derp he's injury prone" or "herp derp he's racist" were likely closet fans of other teams trying to get us to pass on him.

I was actually nervous we were going to get cute and pick Quinnen Williams, which wouldn't have been an awful pick, but definitely an embarrassing miss.

If we see any fall out from this, its Jed lets Lynch leave for a broadcasting job next year and Adam Peters takes over as GM.
Originally posted by Jcool:
If we see any fall out from this, its Jed lets Lynch leave for a broadcasting job next year and Adam Peters takes over as GM.

This could happen but Lynch is the face of the front office politics and is needed there. I don't know if Peters can do that. So I say nothing will be done until this team fails which I hope never happens.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I hope there's a good one out there!
  • thl408

DT depth that can stop the run would be good.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

I hope there's a good one out there!

Agree.
Share 49ersWebzone