LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 223 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Hoping SF can claim some OL depth with all the cut downs

DT depth that can stop the run would be good.

That's true too. I wouldn't mind a veteran CB either with Luter out.

Or FS with Hufanga's knee issue.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 29, 2023 at 4:42 PM ]
Jimmy G finally did something I am proud of. Called it for what it is with Trey…. Stuck it to Kyle and Lynch. Great interview.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Jimmy G finally did something I am proud of. Called it for what it is with Trey…. Stuck it to Kyle and Lynch. Great interview.

Lol
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by jcs:
His record with 1st round picks has got to be one of the worst in the league.

Yeah it's such a black eye to this regime.

We should just be the Rams and dump our 1st round picks for proven star players at this point. Aiyuk is the only 1st round pick that we legitimately hit on. The rest were either mediocre (McGlinchey), a sure thing taken in the top 2 (Bosa), or complete busts (the rest).

Just go ahead and pony up our 2024 and 2025 1sts for some disgruntled star. We can't get worse results than drafting busts.

I'm telling you chatGPT is our next GM
https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/04/14/nfl-draft-ranking-best-and-worst-teams-at-picking-players#gid=ci02bc99ec7006253f&pid=

Niners are third best drafters according to this set of parameters

#3 San Francisco 49ers -

Nobody has found more talent in the draft over the past five years than the Niners, who continue to add All-Pro players on both sides of the ball. San Francisco has also reached three NFC title games over the past four seasons, but has yet to capture an elusive sixth Lombardi Trophy.

Every QB that has played for Kyle as OC/HC has played his best when with Kyle. Jimmy is welcome to try and buck that trend, but there's something to it.
[ Edited by captveg on Aug 29, 2023 at 7:07 PM ]

he sure tolt them huh?

lol
Originally posted by boast:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/04/14/nfl-draft-ranking-best-and-worst-teams-at-picking-players#gid=ci02bc99ec7006253f&pid=

Niners are third best drafters according to this set of parameters

#3 San Francisco 49ers -

Nobody has found more talent in the draft over the past five years than the Niners, who continue to add All-Pro players on both sides of the ball. San Francisco has also reached three NFC title games over the past four seasons, but has yet to capture an elusive sixth Lombardi Trophy.

I'm pleasantly surprised and yet not really surprised at all
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

He should stick it to himself for overthrowing Sanders.
[ Edited by Crown on Aug 29, 2023 at 7:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Crown:

He should stick to himself for overthrowing Sanders.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Hoping SF can claim some OL depth with all the cut downs

DT depth that can stop the run would be good.

That's true too. I wouldn't mind a veteran CB either with Luter out.

Or FS with Hufanga's knee issue.

There's so many veteran CB's out there, like Roby and Eric Rowe. But I'd first claim Jordan Willis and Breiden Fehoko.

Wow in on both sides of this one 😆
Originally posted by bassmanr:

I have repeatedly so many times, Shanny ain't a QB coach and he sure isn't a real HC.. he is a very very good play designer, or even an OC and that's what he is.. Grappy was a very good QB when he got here and regressed under Shanny and his GIMMICK offense...
Good and bad. Horrific in the early rounds. The best in the league in the late rounds. Very good in FA. Overall a very great team. That's all you can ask for. Can we please have somebody else pick round 1 and 2? Plus no more brilliant ideas to trade three 1st round picks for some scrub.

Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by bassmanr:

I have repeatedly so many times, Shanny ain't a QB coach and he sure isn't a real HC.. he is a very very good play designer, or even an OC and that's what he is.. Grappy was a very good QB when he got here and regressed under Shanny and his GIMMICK offense...

I totally agree with that.....First 5 games without Kyles control issues. His first game back last year. When he is not suppressed by Shanny he did better. I did however see Brock run the offense the way it was supposed to be run so Shanny needs a certain QB to run it. He is not good with player selection because he has no way to shift to the players skills. He did a little with Deebo however CMC is a perfect fit for him. I'm not sold on him being a head coach yet. As you said Great play caller but the rest meh... Until he wins number 6 I'm half in.
Share 49ersWebzone