LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 290 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Really bad off season all around. That said, I still expect us to be a highly competitive team with a top 5-7 starting roster and #1 in depth...basically the same position for the past 4 years.

Yup, also expect the annual coaching raid and annual poaching our best players approaching the end of their contracts raid.

The Cap is brutal. If you draft and develop players well, you get penalized. Aiyuk being the prime candidate to be poached/traded, and Anthony Lynn to be poached by the annual bottom feeders of the NFL.

So true.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Really bad off season all around. That said, I still expect us to be a highly competitive team with a top 5-7 starting roster and #1 in depth...basically the same position for the past 4 years.

Why such a bad offseason?

QB - TBD on > or even or <
Secondary - step back?
Offensive line - par or step back
ST - worse
Injuries - same
ER2 - worse

How have we improved to beat Seattle, Dallas, Philly, etc. to get to and WIN the Superbowl?

To me, it's the exact same team as every year.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Yup, also expect the annual coaching raid and annual poaching our best players approaching the end of their contracts raid.

The Cap is brutal. If you draft and develop players well, you get penalized. Aiyuk being the prime candidate to be poached/traded, and Anthony Lynn to be poached by the annual bottom feeders of the NFL.

So true.

Lynn will be a HC again IMO. Hoping we have Wilks for 2yrs, cause you don't get a 3rd comp pick for a guy who was with the team for 1yr. Plus it'd be nice to have consistency.

As for BA, I think they extend him next year, similar deal to Deebo's, who I see being restructured in 2024.

Secondary - step back?
ST - worse
Injuries - same
ER2 - worse

How have we improved to beat Seattle, Dallas, Philly, etc. to get to and WIN the Superbowl?

You can't automatically assume those things, Drake was on pace for what Omenihu & Ebukam did sack wise, I don't see him as worse than those 2. Injuries are a bit less, not really a main guy hurt, just McCloud, we'll see how STs is, I agree with that. DBs I like, second yr for Gipson & Huf, Ward a top 10 CB, Lenoir is improved, Ambry too. OL is what it is, not enough good OL to go around in the NFL, we have 4 solid to great starters, 1 question mark, who has looked good. Not a bad offseason when you sign the top FA(Hargrave). And those teams lost players too.
Also we lost a lot of guys do the fact we just didn't have the cap room, problem when Omenihu & Ebukam get $8M a yr, no way I'm paying either that. Ward sucks to lose, but not like he was great or a ball hawk.

Secondary - step back?
ST - worse
Injuries - same
ER2 - worse

Gut feeling..

John wanted to keep Trey on the team for this season, Kyle forced his hand. We've heard reports that John might leave his position a year ago.

if John is still butting heads with Kyle and this season doesn't go according to plan.. maybe John leaves for TV work, or maybe goes down to Dallas and works with Jerrah!
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Gut feeling..

John wanted to keep Trey on the team for this season, Kyle forced his hand. We've heard reports that John might leave his position a year ago.

if John is still butting heads with Kyle and this season doesn't go according to plan.. maybe John leaves for TV work, or maybe goes down to Dallas and works with Jerrah!

Lmao no way in f**king hell will John leave here to GM in Dallas when Jerry and his son Stephen run the team. He will never have say, if he leaves it's for TV where there's no stress and a bigger paycheck
Secondary - step back?
ST - worse
Injuries - same
ER2 - worse

Philly got worse, Dallas stayed the same, Seattle for slightly better. We'll see
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Secondary - step back?
ST - worse
Injuries - same
ER2 - worse

You can't automatically assume those things, Drake was on pace for what Omenihu & Ebukam did sack wise, I don't see him as worse than those 2. Injuries are a bit less, not really a main guy hurt, just McCloud, we'll see how STs is, I agree with that. DBs I like, second yr for Gipson & Huf, Ward a top 10 CB, Lenoir is improved, Ambry too. OL is what it is, not enough good OL to go around in the NFL, we have 4 solid to great starters, 1 question mark, who has looked good. Not a bad offseason when you sign the top FA(Hargrave). And those teams lost players too.

Agree to a certain extent. That extent being that Seattle seems (for now) to have drafted well - this year and last year - and look to be surging. We'll see if my gut is right that the Rams and Arizona got some good draftees also.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Gut feeling..

Lmao no way in f**king hell will John leave here to GM in Dallas when Jerry and his son Stephen run the team. He will never have say, if he leaves it's for TV where there's no stress and a bigger paycheck

Trust me I took that into consideration.... but Jerrah is getting close to....close to you know what... and I feel he's desperate to win one again ASAP...and would be open to something like that. John would obviously do/say the s**t he said to the Yorks, before accepting anything.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 2, 2023 at 2:17 PM ]
Gut feeling..

Trust me I took that into consideration.... but Jerrah is getting close to....close to you know what... and I feel he's desperate to win one again ASAP...and would be open to something like that. John would obviously do/say the s**t he said to the Yorks, before accepting anything.

lol gut feeling. more like you desperately want to believe a schism was created between Kyle and John because of Lance's trade. you couldn't possibly accept that the reality is more likely that Lance just wasnt good enough.why do you feel a need to create some non existent controversy and then to expand on it with this utter Dallas nonsense? is it comforting the grief youre dealing with?
Gut feeling..

Jerry is such a control freak that he didn't even talk to his coach or QB before pulling the trigger on the Lance trade. There is absolutely ZERO chance he'd hire a GM. Even if he were looking to, nobody would take that job because Jerry would still do s**t like that.
Originally posted by boast:
Gut feeling..

lol gut feeling. more like you desperately want to believe a schism was created between Kyle and John because of Lance's trade. you couldn't possibly accept that the reality is more likely that Lance just wasnt good enough.why do you feel a need to create some non existent controversy and then to expand on it with this utter Dallas nonsense? is it comforting the grief youre dealing with?

Hey John said it himself to Grant in the press conference.

Grant asked did Sam really blow away Trey in training camp and practice enough to be named #2 QB. Grant (and many local media) felt it was not the separation Kyle tried to give off, and John agreed with him that there was not separation in his eyes. But then followed that up with "but coaches make those decisions".

the first crack. 👀
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 2, 2023 at 2:57 PM ]
Gut feeling..

?

No one disputes Trey requested a trade, including Trey.

Every report that I have seen, from every member of the front office and coaching staff that has changed jobs have all said there is a desirable fusion between Lynch and Kyle. Something most want to reproduce in their new positions.

What have you heard that leads you to think Kyle forced Trey out and that Lynch and Shanny are butting heads?
Share 49ersWebzone