Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by boast:
Kyle forced Trey into wanted to get traded. He basically told him it would be best for Trey to play somewhere else. (Kyle's own words) Trey had asked if he could practice his way to the #2 position during the season, and Kyle said that was unrealistic and that Trey wouldn't get many if any reps.

Also the fact that you quote the team PR head who had many chances to mention Trey throwing a bunch of INTs in practice last year.. had chances to say it last year... this offseason... and during this QB battle.. but nope. Only brought it up (without context) when it was beneficial for the team to damage control, after they traded/wasted 3 1st round picks for a late 4th round pick.

the team gains absolutely nothing by publicly trashing Trey with untruths on his way out. in fact it would be detrimental to the current team if Papa was lying about Trey's performance. you dont really think thru your theories very well.

As if that has not happened before? How often do we hear Papa bringing up Jimmy not returning calls. He JUST brought it up again last week, after Jimmy innocently said his/QB situation was weird last year.

but it's true. players and coaches have said the same thing. Papa's not making that up like you claim he is about Trey INTs.

I didn't say he lied.. imo he purposely said that without giving context. As the scout team QB, the defense wanted Trey to not play carefree and let it rip in practice no? Has Brock not thrown a bunch of INTs in practice?

Why does it all the sudden matter now?

youre leaving out that Papa said the INTs caused Trey to lose confidence. the INTs themselves werent necessarily the issue, Trey's reaction and performance to those INTs were the issue.

Brock doesnt have confidence issues.

When has Trey shown this in real games? In front of our eyes?

Against the Cards in his rookie year, his first NFL start... threw an early INT... bounced back.. he helped drive the ball in Cards territory 8 out of 9 drives.

Against the Texans, in a lose and miss the playoff scenario... he threw an early INT.. and bounced back and helped us win that game and keep our playoff hopes alive.

This preseason same s**t... playing with the backup oline and recievers... had some bad drives to start the game... finished strong.

Greg Papa is full of s**t.

we all saw the performance in his final game against Denver. he didnt pull the trigger to "NFL open" receivers multiple times. only when the 4th stringers were finally in and and his receivers were wide open on blown coverages and when Bell was making insane YAC plays did Trey become successful. guess what, the 3-4th string defenders that he looked great against in the 4th qtr of that game are not playing the NFL.

your ignorance of reality is astounding.
Kyle forced Trey into wanted to get traded. He basically told him it would be best for Trey to play somewhere else. (Kyle's own words) Trey had asked if he could practice his way to the #2 position during the season, and Kyle said that was unrealistic and that Trey wouldn't get many if any reps.

Also the fact that you quote the team PR head who had many chances to mention Trey throwing a bunch of INTs in practice last year.. had chances to say it last year... this offseason... and during this QB battle.. but nope. Only brought it up (without context) when it was beneficial for the team to damage control, after they traded/wasted 3 1st round picks for a late 4th round pick.

the team gains absolutely nothing by publicly trashing Trey with untruths on his way out. in fact it would be detrimental to the current team if Papa was lying about Trey's performance. you dont really think thru your theories very well.

As if that has not happened before? How often do we hear Papa bringing up Jimmy not returning calls. He JUST brought it up again last week, after Jimmy innocently said his/QB situation was weird last year.

but it's true. players and coaches have said the same thing. Papa's not making that up like you claim he is about Trey INTs.

I didn't say he lied.. imo he purposely said that without giving context. As the scout team QB, the defense wanted Trey to not play carefree and let it rip in practice no? Has Brock not thrown a bunch of INTs in practice?

youre leaving out that Papa said the INTs caused Trey to lose confidence. the INTs themselves werent necessarily the issue, Trey's reaction and performance to those INTs were the issue.

Against the Cards in his rookie year, his first NFL start... threw an early INT... bounced back.. he helped drive the ball in Cards territory 8 out of 9 drives.

Against the Texans, in a lose and miss the playoff scenario... he threw an early INT.. and bounced back and helped us win that game and keep our playoff hopes alive.

This preseason same s**t... playing with the backup oline and recievers... had some bad drives to start the game... finished strong.

we all saw the performance in his final game against Denver. he didnt pull the trigger to "NFL open" receivers multiple times. only when the 4th stringers were finally in and and his receivers were wide open on blown coverages and when Bell was making insane YAC plays did Trey become successful. guess what, the 3-4th string defenders that he looked great against in the 4th qtr of that game are not playing the NFL.

b***h f**k You.

I gave real regular season game examples. You want to reach with the preseaon s**t... where again, I still proved my point.

It's all good, I'll take another ban from you inciting f**ks.. but will put you on ignore going forward. Don't have time anymore for folks who argue in bad faith.

Edit- this is going to be a great season where I don't have a bunch of trolls filling up these threads anymore. Finally gonna start using that feature more often.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 2, 2023 at 5:07 PM ]

b***h f**k You.

I gave real regular season game examples. You want to reach with the preseaon s**t... where again, I still proved my point.

It's all good, I'll take another ban from you inciting f**ks.. but will put you on ignore going forward. Don't have time anymore for folks who argue in bad faith.

see youre triggered and emotional. this is exactly why you must create fake schisms between Kyle and John to deal with your feelings.

his performance in two games from 2021 means nothing in 2023. and you accuse me of reaching. his performance in practices and preseason games THIS YEAR are why he's no longer on the team. i'm sorry a select group of media has gaslit you beyond repair into thinking he was better than Sam Darnold.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Really bad off season all around. That said, I still expect us to be a highly competitive team with a top 5-7 starting roster and #1 in depth...basically the same position for the past 4 years.

Why such a bad offseason?

QB - TBD on > or even or <
Secondary - step back?
Offensive line - par or step back
ST - worse
Injuries - same
ER2 - worse

How have we improved to beat Seattle, Dallas, Philly, etc. to get to and WIN the Superbowl?

To me, it's the exact same team as every year.

Lol well when you have such an incredibly high bar as Trent Baalke I can see why you would think this was a terrible offseason

Trent Baalke turned that franchise around as fast as John Lynch. LOL. He's the man. I knew he could "...do it again." j/k

Yeah, I loved his A.J. Jenkin's pick in 2012.

b***h f**k You.

see youre triggered and emotional. this is exactly why you must create fake schisms between Kyle and John to deal with your feelings.

his performance in two games from 2021 means nothing in 2023. and you accuse me of reaching. his performance in practices and preseason games THIS YEAR are why he's no longer on the team. i'm sorry a select group of media has gaslit you beyond repair into thinking he was better than Sam Darnold.

Yeah... triggered... more so I don't put up with b******t. You keep deflecting... you deflected when I gave you examples... and you deflected again when I pointed out why I called you a b***h, with that snark comment of yours.

✌🏾 yall have fun with this bored dude on the internet.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 2, 2023 at 5:23 PM ]
Originally posted by Giedi:
Really bad off season all around. That said, I still expect us to be a highly competitive team with a top 5-7 starting roster and #1 in depth...basically the same position for the past 4 years.

Secondary - step back?
ST - worse
Injuries - same
ER2 - worse

How have we improved to beat Seattle, Dallas, Philly, etc. to get to and WIN the Superbowl?

Lol well when you have such an incredibly high bar as Trent Baalke I can see why you would think this was a terrible offseason

Trent Baalke turned that franchise around as fast as John Lynch. LOL. He's the man. I knew he could "...do it again." j/k

Haha. Good times indeed.

Kinlaw > Jenkins

b***h f**k You.

Yeah... triggered... more so I don't put up with b******t. You keep deflecting... you deflected when I gave you examples... and you deflected again when I pointed out why I called you a b***h, with that snark comment of yours.

✌🏾 yall have fun with this bored dude on the internet.

havent deflected anything. 2021 doesnt mean anything today. Trey has shown very little improvement from his fist year to the DEN game. that's undeniable. but you choose to ignore it. you choose to believe tweets and podcasters saying whatever gets them engagement.

the real bored dude is trying to drum up controversies when they dont exist.
As far as my gut feeling post.. just thinking outside of the box.

After last year's Seahawks game, when Trey got carted off, Kyle had his post game press conference.... I posted that my gut feeling told me Kyle and Trey couldn't coexist this season... and since obviously Kyle wouldn't be the one to leave, Trey could get traded.

This was before Brock balled out. Just the way Kyle was talking about Trey and his approach with him... it just didn't make sense, and would not be sustainable through out that 2022 season if Trey didn't get hurt that game... as well as 2023 season.

It just doesn't make sense putting your QB, who you invested Three 1st Round picks, in that kind of harms way. Some Cowboy Youtubers already picked up on that after looking more into Trey after the trade. One felt that seemed off, and the Cowboys coaching staff wouldn't take that approach.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 2, 2023 at 7:24 PM ]

After last year's Seahawks game, when Trey got carted off, Kyle had his post game press conference.... I posted that my gut feeling told me Kyle and Trey couldn't coexist this season... and since obviously Kyle wouldn't be the one to leave, Trey could get traded.

This was before Brock balled out. Just the way Kyle was talking about Trey and his approach with him... it just didn't make sense, and would not be sustainable through out that 2022 season if Trey didn't get hurt that game... as well as 2022 season.

It just doesn't make sense putting your QB, who you invested Three 1st Round picks, in that kind of harms way. Some Cowboy Youtubers already picked up on that after looking more into Trey after the trade. One felt that seemed off, and the Cowboys coaching staff wouldn't take that approach.

This was before Brock balled out. Just the way Kyle was talking about Trey and his approach with him... it just didn't make sense, and would not be sustainable through out that 2022 season if Trey didn't get hurt that game... as well as 2022 season.

I was a "Trey guy" and hell yeah I hated the way Kyle used him but after looking back at things and reading things thru I've realized Kyle most likely used him in that way because he wasn't ready to run the offense thru the pocket YET. I find it hard to believe he was going to move the ball consistently thru the air like Brock does and even like Jimmy. Kyle must've felt Trey can move the offense better thru the ground with eventually defenses sitting down in the box where Kyle would call passing plays later hoping Trey hits them. Maybe last year if Trey stayed healthy as the season progressed and he understood the game better and things slowed down the running would've been less.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

I was a "Trey guy" and hell yeah I hated the way Kyle used him but after looking back at things and reading things thru I've realized Kyle most likely used him in that way because he wasn't ready to run the offense thru the pocket YET. I find it hard to believe he was going to move the ball consistently thru the air like Brock does and even like Jimmy. Kyle must've felt Trey can move the offense better thru the ground with eventually defenses sitting down in the box where Kyle would call passing plays later hoping Trey hits them. Maybe last year if Trey stayed healthy as the season progressed and he understood the game better and things slowed down the running would've been less.

Yes, but Kyle didn't take that approach vs the Texans... and Trey played fine.

Then all the sudden he reverts back to QB power to start the 2022 season?

2021 QB runs
Cards game 16 rushing attempts
Texans game 8 rushing attempts

2022 season
Bears game 13 rushing attempts
Seahawks game 3 passing attempts THREE rushing attempts..... WTF kind of trajectory was that?

Anyway we're getting side tracked..
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 2, 2023 at 7:46 PM ]

2021 QB runs

2022 season
Seahawks game 3 passing attempts THREE rushing attempts..... WTF kind of trajectory was that?

You are watching a different game. Trey played like garbage vs the texans. He had three good passes in the second half against the worst team in the league. He wasn't running rhe team the way Kyle wanted. You're seeing what you want to see. Kyle has basically confirmed he wasn't ready. Kyle was done with him.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

2021 QB runs

2022 season

You are watching a different game. Trey played like garbage vs the texans. He had three good passes in the second half against the worst team in the league. He wasn't running rhe team the way Kyle wanted. You're seeing what you want to see. Kyle has basically confirmed he wasn't ready. Kyle was done with him.

I'm waaaaay late doing this...thanks for popping up.

Peace JoseCortez ✌🏾

Edit- who's left? SanDiego? And a few more.. will just wait until they pop up.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 2, 2023 at 9:33 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

Secondary - step back?
ST - worse
Injuries - same
ER2 - worse

Haha. Good times indeed.

Kinlaw > Jenkins

As of right now, both look about as bad. Sad to say. Lucky they got the DJ Jones' and Jauan's and all these other wonderful late round picks in the draft to offset some of the 1st round mistakes. One explanation on their late round success is that - they seemed to have changed up their draft approach. They have mentioned in prior interviews that they have begun to build their draft board from the last pick in the draft to the first pick in the draft, not the other way around. If they've been doing that prior, then it also makes sense that they have so much success in the later rounds.
Share 49ersWebzone