• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Lynch sending D Hopkins to VM

lol

lol

Who was it last year who called Hopkins out on his roids use?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by miked1978:

lol

Who was it last year who called Hopkins out on his roids use?

Mooney Ward.

lol

Oof

then going to tennessee

lol

Smart move tbph. What pay him and then make it harder to sign Bosa today and Aiyuk next year? They had to clear space just to feel comfortable to extend Bosa. If Aiyuk in a contract year is as "uncoverable" as was noted in camp, thats another big contract... let alone if they want to grab another lineman before the trade deadline.

DHop was the guy I wished we had a year or two earlier but at this point its not needed. Deebo, Aiyuk, Mac, Kittle... now throw in a temperamental hopkins, thats allot of mouths to feed not including the unsung heros like Juice, Jennings and hopefully Ball.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Sep 7, 2023 at 11:43 AM ]
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by Chance:
I'm am a pretty big fan of this FO, but I do worry that they caved in the Bosa negotiations. On one hand, getting Bosa in the building before week one was a big win, and something this team needs as we chase a championship this season. But I do worry that we didn't stick to our guns for a deal with less guaranteed money. Resetting the market is one thing, but Bosa's contract blew the lid off of it. It's a big gamble, and should the worst case scenario happen, that Bosa gets injured, this contract will be a giant albatross on this team's neck. To put it simply, it's a big risk to dedicate that much guaranteed money to one player. I don't want to dwell in the pessimistic side of things, and generally I'm optimistic about Bosa since he's so committed to the craft and his body. If any non-QB in the NFL is worthy of being the highest paid, it's this guy. Please stay healthy, Nick. Let's go win some championships.

I don't think his contract blew the lid off the market. All these new deals for these star players are like this bc they know the cap is going up more and more.

Folks worried about the Bosa contract are gonna be in for a surprise when it's Parsons turn

Chiefs and Cowboys are definitely going to have to come out of their pockets for Parsons and Jones because you know they are going to want bigger numbers than Bosa, and they don't have a qb on a rookie contract.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Niner Faithfuls about to go all in to kick his ass until the breaking news on Bosa saved him.

Lynch aint looking at yesterday......

The dude is cold blooded and really is not worried about the talking heads....

He got the best duel threat RB in the league, the best defender in free agency, dropped Trey Lance off at a yard sale, resigned the best defender in the league and has now created 10s of millions in cap space.

I would not be shocked at ALL if he dumps high draft picks to grab another win now player.

I think its an injury insurance thing. They cleared the cap so they can get a player just in case a current player goes down, they can trade for a replacement player and plug and play before the trade deadline.

Personally I'm hoping the Chargers suck this year and they trade Slater (or Joey Bosa) to us like the Panthers traded CMC to us last year because they need the cap space and draft capital to attract a new coach.
we could even bring in Burns from Carolina

I Don't know about that, he's too light for Kocureck's DE - which tend to be around 275lbs. And as a linebacker he's too heavy, and possibly slower than Fred or Grenlaw. Just my take on Brian.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

lol

Smart move tbph. What pay him and then make it harder to sign Bosa today and Aiyuk next year? They had to clear space just to feel comfortable to extend Bosa. If Aiyuk in a contract year is as "uncoverable" as was noted in camp, thats another big contract... let alone if they want to grab another lineman before the trade deadline.

DHop was the guy I wished we had a year or two earlier but at this point its not needed. Deebo, Aiyuk, Mac, Kittle... now throw in a temperamental hopkins, thats allot of mouths to feed not including the unsung heros like Juice, Jennings and hopefully Ball.

Agreed Rick, smart move to not go after Hopkins, who signed for too much for my liking, not when Aiyuk is an up & coming star, who will, IMO, be signed next year to a extension.
Niner Faithfuls about to go all in to kick his ass until the breaking news on Bosa saved him.

He got the best duel threat RB in the league, the best defender in free agency, dropped Trey Lance off at a yard sale, resigned the best defender in the league and has now created 10s of millions in cap space.

I would not be shocked at ALL if he dumps high draft picks to grab another win now player.

I think its an injury insurance thing. They cleared the cap so they can get a player just in case a current player goes down, they can trade for a replacement player and plug and play before the trade deadline.

Personally I'm hoping the Chargers suck this year and they trade Slater (or Joey Bosa) to us like the Panthers traded CMC to us last year because they need the cap space and draft capital to attract a new coach.

I Don't know about that, he's too light for Kocureck's DE - which tend to be around 275lbs. And as a linebacker he's too heavy, and possibly slower than Fred or Grenlaw. Just my take on Brian.
as long as he can get pressure.

if traded he will have no effect on the cap as Carolina pays all of his salary. But he would be a UFA in 2024

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Agreed Rick, smart move to not go after Hopkins, who signed for too much for my liking, not when Aiyuk is an up & coming star, who will, IMO, be signed next year to a extension.

D Hop jumped the shark a year or two ago he can't play anymore, he can't separate, granted he has hands like catchers mitts so he can still be a possession guy who walls off defenders with his frame, but that's not what you want to pay solid cap for, more name than game, right now..
With all the new cap $$$$, I think JL/KS have something in the works.

Maybe OLine guy?

if traded he will have no effect on the cap as Carolina pays all of his salary. But he would be a UFA in 2024

Why would they trade their best young defender? Teams don't do that, they don't trade away up and coming young players. If anything they trade their vets.

Now it's possible that they cyan get to contract solution and maybe the Panthers just say f it let's trade him, but that price will be steep.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Why would they trade their best young defender? Teams don't do that, they don't trade away up and coming young players. If anything they trade their vets.

Now it's possible that they cyan get to contract solution and maybe the Panthers just say f it let's trade him, but that price will be steep.

Ummmm, didn't Carolina just trade us their best offensive player?

Let's shoot for 2 for 2. LOL
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
With all the new cap $$$$, I think JL/KS have something in the works.

Maybe OLine guy?

What team is going to give up a good olineman? Teams aren't exactly lining up to trade legit tackles
Share 49ersWebzone