There are 207 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Anyone wondering if Saleh would have offered anything decent for Lance after Rodgers injury? Or if we cut Allen for the PS would he get snapped up?

Wilson is better than Lance. I doubt it. If anyone Niner related would have had interest it would have been McDaniel and obvs he didn't.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
With all the new cap $$$$, I think JL/KS have something in the works.

Maybe OLine guy?

What team is going to give up a good olineman? Teams aren't exactly lining up to trade legit tackles
Once someone's season collapses it's totally possible dudes become available.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
4th rounder for Brandon Allen?

Do it!
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Anyone wondering if Saleh would have offered anything decent for Lance after Rodgers injury? Or if we cut Allen for the PS would he get snapped up?

Wilson is better than Lance. I doubt it. If anyone Niner related would have had interest it would have been McDaniel and obvs he didn't.

I think the same, better to just ride with Wilson than Lance. Wilson has a cannon, I hope he can get it together cerebrally.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
4th rounder for Brandon Allen?

Do it!

i'd take that deal. Hurts QB depth, but - from what I saw on McKivitz in Johnny Del's vido, he did ok against the DPOY. (yes, I know he gave up 3 sacks) Still, I feel that McKivitz can get better and that Brock's going to be alright this season. Another draft pick will help in the offseason as bottom feeders and the cap force us to lose stars on the team.
Damn

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Damn

I don't understand how the league would have kept that from happening. Bears maybe, being the same conference, but the league couldn't have stopped that.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Damn

I don't understand how the league would have kept that from happening. Bears maybe, being the same conference, but the league couldn't have stopped that.

Remember when the league stopped our trade of TO to BAL for a 2nd rd pick, then forced us to trade him to Phily for a mid-late rd pick, and a nobody?
  • thl408
Damn

I don't think we'd see Mack with Bosa. Mack was a game wrecker in 2018 and he would have helped notch the 2018 49ers a win or two, which would hurt the 49ers draft slot, which makes Bosa not a 49er (Bosa in 2019 draft).
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Yeah there's zero chance this team could have drafted Bosa with Mack on the roster.
But I guess they would have drafted someone like Josh Allen.
Mack, Buckner, Armstead, Allen is a pretty good D-Line.

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Damn

Remember when the league stopped our trade of TO to BAL for a 2nd rd pick, then forced us to trade him to Phily for a mid-late rd pick, and a nobody?

Lol Brandon whiting, I couldn't believe that trade. It's like we gifted Philly a hall of famer
Originally posted by pdc20:
Yeah there's zero chance this team could have drafted Bosa with Mack on the roster.
But I guess they would have drafted someone like Josh Allen.
Mack, Buckner, Armstead, Allen is a pretty good D-Line.

Really wish they had just drafted Maxx Crosby in that same draft. They might have done just that had they not made a panic trade for Dee Ford. Could have walked out of that draft with Crosby and Terry McLaurin in addition to Bosa, Deebo and Greenlaw and had made it an all-timer.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Damn

Agree, the league knows who a good team is and who isn't, and so there's a conspiracy (and I don't think it's illegal) to make sure that good teams like the Patriots and the 49ers (for example) don't get better. The CMC trade was basically highway robbery against the panthers, and I"m sure other GM's out there are saying beware of San Francisco, they will fleece you if you trade with them. (or something like that). So the 49ers freed up 40+ million in cap space, and are getting ready for a big trade deal, but like you said - it may come to nothing as the league is wary of the 49ers now.
Originally posted by thl408:
I don't think we'd see Mack with Bosa. Mack was a game wrecker in 2018 and he would have helped notch the 2018 49ers a win or two, which would hurt the 49ers draft slot, which makes Bosa not a 49er (Bosa in 2019 draft).

Wouldnt have got Mack without giving up the 2019 1st either.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Really wish they had just drafted Maxx Crosby in that same draft. They might have done just that had they not made a panic trade for Dee Ford. Could have walked out of that draft with Crosby and Terry McLaurin in addition to Bosa, Deebo and Greenlaw and had made it an all-timer.

Throw in CGJ for Wish too while we are at it.
Share 49ersWebzone