There are 178 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Congrats John!

I do love the type of players he brings to the team..

Hargrave and Mooney Ward have been ACES! And a bunch of other players.

And on a personal level, John is the perfect amount of being transparent to a degree while also not being a blabbering idiot.

so many people here wanted JC lol

Jesus Christ would make a hello helluva HC though.

He would need to do a lot to forgive our sins on this board though.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Congrats John!

And on a personal level, John is the perfect amount of being transparent to a degree while also not being a blabbering idiot.

He'll need somebody to replace Anthony Lynn, in my opinion. If Mike McDaniel keeps it up in Miami, Anthony and Adam Peters will be facing multiple teams wanting to poach them. I think they as good as gone if Mike does well, because I don't think either of them can resist the millions teams will be throwing at them this offseason. The temptation is too sinfully irresistible.
Just saw a suggestion that the 49ers should target Patrick Surtain II in a trade, since the Broncos are doo doo.
Note that next year is his contract year, and if we wanted to extend him, he'd be pricey.

What do you think it'd cost? Multiple first rounders?
Do you think he'd fit our defense?

It'd be nice to have two top-tier cornerbacks, and then have Deo Lenoir & Ambry Thomas as depth at outside corner, competition at nickel.
Congrats John!

You'd still have nothing but complaints - 'Not enough fishes, not enough loaves...'. etc.
Originally posted by joeknows:
Congrats John!

You'd still have nothing but complaints - 'Not enough fishes, not enough loaves...'. etc.

And what's with the sloppy facial hair... so unprofessional!
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Just saw a suggestion that the 49ers should target Patrick Surtain II in a trade, since the Broncos are doo doo.
Note that next year is his contract year, and if we wanted to extend him, he'd be pricey.

It'd be nice to have two top-tier cornerbacks, and then have Deo Lenoir & Ambry Thomas as depth at outside corner, competition at nickel.

could be a Dion in 94 like effect.

The scouting report on him coming into the NFL was he was elite press m2m guy that could change gears as WRs run their routs. So Denver ran him in zone 80% of the time....

Not that he was bad in zone...I think I read last year he held the entire NFL not named DK Metcalf and Davonte Adams to 61 yards on 22 passes. He held Metcalf and Adams to under 6 yards per target...it was something really close to that at least...

So maybe not exactly Dion Sanders...but damn fine work.
I'll offer them a 2nd (2024) and a 3rd (2025) but ONLY if we can extend his contract now..
Congrats John!

Originally posted by Wubbie:

There is zero reason for the Broncos to trade him. Bad teams don't give up cost controlled assets, especially top level ones.

You'd have to offer 2 1sts just to get them to answer the phone.
Originally posted by 9moon:
I'll offer them a 2nd (2024) and a 3rd (2025) but ONLY if we can extend his contract now..

Surtain? Not allowed to extend his deal till after 2023, plus he has a 5th yr option, the 49ers don't extend players with more than 1yr left on the players deal(s).

Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Surtain? Not allowed to extend his deal till after 2023, plus he has a 5th yr option, the 49ers don't extend players with more than 1yr left on the players deal(s).

Honestly, even a two year rental of Surtain for a first may be worth it. He's that good of a player. Could be our Deon to put us over the hump.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Honestly, even a two year rental of Surtain for a first may be worth it. He's that good of a player. Could be our Deon to put us over the hump.

If you have no faith the team can draft a solid starter at the end of the 1st round it's a great idea.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

If you have no faith the team can draft a solid starter at the end of the 1st round it's a great idea.

or

let's go sunny side up on this......

Lot's of faith some random 6th rounder is going to walk in be Harris Barton re-born.......

either could work......

OK, so this is where I disagree... when the 49ers don't extend players w/more than one year left.. somewhere along the line, this trend has to break... IF and when a player can be extended now, or even shred the existing contract in order to get a better team together, then i say DO IT !!!

He would be worth a one year rental, def a two year rental. Idk if we could actually afford him in a few seasons from now but I think there is a chance - if structured right. Regardless, I'd offer quite a bit for him to try and get us a slightly better backfield to get us that chip. Totally worth it.

it isn't like we haven't flushed 6+ or so first/second/third rounders down the drain anyways.
Share 49ersWebzone