There are 134 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Silky:
I'm sitting here on the toilet wondering if Lynch makes one big splash trade again this year. Right now we are the ripest we've been for a SB. Right now Lynch might be smelling blood and do something crazy. You never know what can happen next year

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Silky:
I'm sitting here on the toilet wondering if Lynch makes one big splash trade again this year. Right now we are the ripest we've been for a SB. Right now Lynch might be smelling blood and do something crazy. You never know what can happen next year

Lol, I have nothing else to say but Lol to Silky.
Still feel like the most vulnerable spot is CB. Great shape with Ward and Lenoir on the outside but not much depth behind them.

loving Oliver in the slot but need an option to match up against smaller more shifty slot WRs.
Originally posted by Niners418:
Still feel like the most vulnerable spot is CB. Great shape with Ward and Lenoir on the outside but not much depth behind them.

loving Oliver in the slot but need an option to match up against smaller more shifty slot WRs.

Same here, depth is the only issue, I hope Womack, & Luter get back soon, I really want to see Luter out there.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Just floating it out there:

If Patrick Surtain were available for 2024 and 2025 1sts, would you do it?

Note he would be due 5th-year option money in 2025 and star CB money in 2026.

easy yes from me. I would send more even....

That is two late first rounders for a top tier CB with a cap hit of around 900k and 1m this season and next season.

By the time we have to make a choice on his 5th year....it looks like we have 16m in dead money falling off the books in Trey Lance and Dee Ford... I am no cap expert though I could be wrong on that.

Anyway....I really doubt Denver is going to trade the guy...but if they were, I would drop real draft capital in it. CB is a real hard spot to find great talent, and putting lots of money at CB only ever really works if you have a great D line...and we do.
I don't see Denver trading Surtain at all.

They have OT who we might be able to snatch if JL/KS can pull some magic.
Originally posted by Niners418:

We still have Womack to come back remember. Luter Jr too.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Yep, Garrett Bolles is a more likely trade prospect. However, we don't need OT help as much this year as in the future.

I read an article from a Denver writer yesterday who said Surtain is untouchable in ownership's eyes.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Yep, Garrett Bolles is a more likely trade prospect. However, we don't need OT help as much this year as in the future.

I read an article from a Denver writer yesterday who said Surtain is untouchable in ownership's eyes.

Don't see why he would be available, feel like the point of tearing down and rebuilding is ti bring in young talent like him
We dont have a big weakness, that being said if there is ANY chance of upgrading before the deadline i think you do it. this is the year to do it.
We can worry about the cap, and whatever else while were shining our 6th Lombardi!!!
GOOOOO NINERS!!!!

2 weeks to the trade deadline.

potential targets in my opinion:

Brian Burns- OLB/DE Panthers -on the last year of good contact. We could get him cheaper (not cheap) and if he doesn't gel then he's a rental.

Jaylon Johnson- CB Bears. Also on the last year of his contract and the Bears have death behind him and could move him.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mitpdub:

Brian Burns- OLB/DE Panthers -on the last year of good contact. We could get him cheaper (not cheap) and if he doesn't gel then he's a rental.

Jaylon Johnson- CB Bears. Also on the last year of his contract and the Bears have death behind him and could move him.

I like how you think. Both the Panthers and the Bears are bottom feeders just waiting to be taken advantage of.

Was reading about Johnson last night and I think he should be the target,

Yikes
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

After the Gregory trade you can forget a Brian Burns trade.
Share 49ersWebzone