There are 149 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think Surtain is a pipe dream and not going to happen.

Jeremy Chinn from the Panthers is a real possibility, and I think is an upgrade.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Jeremy Chinn from the Panthers is a real possibility, and I think is an upgrade.

He plays Safety. And the Panthers are not trading young good players for nothing.

Surtain would be worth 2 first round picks IMO

Denver would have to seriously consider it...they will be non competitive with the RW contract and a high paid CB on a garbage roster in 2026 doesnt do much for their future

Why would we pay that price?

We have a SB window wide open for 3 years then massive changes are needed to pay Purdy

Surtain is cost controlled at least 2 more years and doesnt hurt our future cap.

We trade risky draft pick assets and leave the cap fairly stable.
[ Edited by Tigerlaw on Oct 13, 2023 at 8:54 AM ]
Originally posted by swayze:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
2 weeks to the trade deadline.

potential targets in my opinion:

Brian Burns- OLB/DE Panthers -on the last year of good contact. We could get him cheaper (not cheap) and if he doesn't gel then he's a rental.

Jaylon Johnson- CB Bears. Also on the last year of his contract and the Bears have death behind him and could move him.

Yikes

lol autocorrect but the bears are dead and need to unload and rebuild
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

He plays Safety. And the Panthers are not trading young good players for nothing.

Chinn plays all around the d and his playing time has dipped. I'm sure you can get him for a 3rd for starters
[ Edited by FredFlintstone on Oct 13, 2023 at 9:14 AM ]
2 weeks to the trade deadline.

potential targets in my opinion:

Brian Burns- OLB/DE Panthers -on the last year of good contact. We could get him cheaper (not cheap) and if he doesn't gel then he's a rental.

Jaylon Johnson- CB Bears. Also on the last year of his contract and the Bears have death behind him and could move him.

Johnson and/or Darnell Mooney.

Mooney would be an absolute monster in this offense. Great route runner, outstanding speed, he's a precision receiver in need of a precision offense, its just not working for him in Chicago but he's got tremendous YAC ability and could be a potential Jennings replacement as a #3 WR.
lol autocorrect but the bears are dead and need to unload and rebuild

all good. As for the dead bears, obviously they're not going to trade him but I wish we could get that young LT that's injured right now. Heir apparent for whenever Trent decides to hang up the cleats.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Chinn plays all around the d and his playing time has dipped. I'm sure you can get him for a 3rd for starters

Chinn can play all over the secondary similar to Jimmie Ward. Panthers are barely using him, doesn't seem to fit the new defense they run. But Steve Wilks knows how to deploy him. If he can play nickel to compliment Oliver it's huge, because Lenoir stays at outside corner, and Ambry Thomas in the bench where he belongs.
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Chinn can play all over the secondary similar to Jimmie Ward. Panthers are barely using him, doesn't seem to fit the new defense they run. But Steve Wilks knows how to deploy him. If he can play nickel to compliment Oliver it's huge, because Lenoir stays at outside corner, and Ambry Thomas in the bench where he belongs.

He won't even cost that much. I live in NC and rumors are that the Panthers are asking for a 4th. I'd do that immediately if I'm Lynch and Wilks gives it his blessing.
FYI Burns isn't realistic, we just traded for Gregory, who makes $14M a yr the next 3 yrs, if we traded for Burns, it'd have to be a rental, cause he'd cost us BA, and I'm not willing to go that if I'm John, Kyle will want BA long term, we're becoming more of a power offense, and I mean that as we're just hitting on every cylinder, BA + Deebo long term is a DC's nightmare, plus add in CMC, & Kittle, & Juice, complete utter Nightmare for DCs.

Any chance Lynch goes after Frank Clark as well?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Any chance Lynch goes after Frank Clark as well?

I think Lynch said he's happy with their EDGE group, it was on the front page.
Lynch has to do what he can to not let the Eagles get any better especially at a position where the 49ers could also use the help.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Lynch get Jeremy Chinn and give a big middle finger to Philly and Siranni!!!
I also think we can give Purdy a little offensive firepower since after all, "He's a product of the system with more weapons than the US Army according to some analyst." I would not be opposed to trading for Mecole Hardman or bringing back a now fully developed Kendrick Borne. Hardman gives the team proven speed and versatility as a 3rd WR or can run the Deebo package at any time, putting further stress on opposing defenses no matter who it is. Bourne knows the system, is a good luck charm in the locker room and can easily give the team more than Jennings.

Whatever Lynch is going to do, I believe the name will surprise a lot of people.
Share 49ersWebzone