There are 257 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Pretty sure John is just calling to get the heat of the webzone members off his back.

We're almost at the 1yr anniversary of the CMC trade, so we know he can make things happen.
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Salary for DJ is too high, doubt they're gonna trade for him, not when he costs $10M in 2023 & 2024, yes they'd pay a prorated portion for 2023, but that $10M in 2024 is a backbreaker, plus he's been injured a lot in Denver. I'd stick to minimum salaried guys, need that cap room for 2024 to keep the window open as much as possible.

You would extend him in the offseason to bring that down. But he gives you a nice trio of interior that you can add depth to with draft picks.

2024 cap room should be devoted to extensions. Outside of maybe another cb there isn't much to add.
sign a guy who can actually tackle on a blitz

this tired of these guys whiffing ok these blitzes.
Salary for DJ is too high, doubt they're gonna trade for him, not when he costs $10M in 2023 & 2024, yes they'd pay a prorated portion for 2023, but that $10M in 2024 is a backbreaker, plus he's been injured a lot in Denver. I'd stick to minimum salaried guys, need that cap room for 2024 to keep the window open as much as possible.

You would extend him in the offseason to bring that down. But he gives you a nice trio of interior that you can add depth to with draft picks.

2024 cap room should be devoted to extensions. Outside of maybe another cb there isn't much to add.

What 2024 cap room, they have none, they need to carryover as much of their $40M that they can to 2024 to help with their 2024 cap situation, can't just trade for a bunch of high paid players, and expect them to be able to keep them all, plus BA, Hufanga, Dre, Mooney, Armstead, Banks, etc.....
What 2024 cap room, they have none, they need to carryover as much of their $40M that they can to 2024 to help with their 2024 cap situation, can't just trade for a bunch of high paid players, and expect them to be able to keep them all, plus BA, Hufanga, Dre, Mooney, Armstead, Banks, etc.....

Why you extend him and bring the cap hit way down. If he isn't interested then you release him with no hit.

I know they need some of that to offset 2024 but not all 40 million. Paraag will do his cap magic like he always does. I don't see you entire list being extended unfortunately. Can't afford to keep everyone.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Oct 19, 2023 at 7:51 AM ]

Why you extend him and bring the cap hit way down. If he isn't interested then you release him with no hit.

I know they need some of that to offset 2024 but not all 40 million. Paraag will do his cap magic like he always does. I don't see you entire list being extended unfortunately. Can't afford to keep everyone.

They're already way way over the 2024 cap, they need every bit of that $40M to get under the cap, no you can't keep everyone, but they can keep their core guys(Brock, CMC, Juice, BA, Deebo, Kittle, Trent, Banks, Bosa, AA, Hargrave, Fred, Dre, Mooney & Hufanga) long term, but when you add in a DJ Jones, you sacrifice someone, when we already have 2 IDL making high money, if the 49ers weren't going to pay DJ what he got when he was a UFA, what makes anyone think they will now?
They're already way way over the 2024 cap, they need every bit of that $40M to get under the cap, no you can't keep everyone, but they can keep their core guys(Brock, CMC, Juice, BA, Deebo, Kittle, Trent, Banks, Bosa, AA, Hargrave, Fred, Dre, Mooney & Hufanga) long term, but when you add in a DJ Jones, you sacrifice someone, when we already have 2 IDL making high money, if the 49ers weren't going to pay DJ what he got when he was a UFA, what makes anyone think they will now?

Because he isn't getting 10 mil now. If he wants the same money you let him walk. If he'll be reasonable you keep him. No different than Gregory

I see a need for another run stuffer right now as well as another cb. They need to be looking to upgrade not just go with what they have.

I don't see a world where they keep Dre Banks and Huf.

DJ JONES??? don't we already have an average player in AA?
Originally posted by 9moon:

lol you're not exactly wrong. I am not sure who we could really add that would make sense regardless unless some top corner is available, but as AB said if we do that we lose someone else etc. They will continue to load up via the draft which is the most sound strategy.

Ugh. He seems to be just average these past two years. If only every year could be a contract year for him.
Originally posted by mitpdub:

Ugh. He seems to be just average these past two years. If only every year could be a contract year for him.

LYNCH best not be watching tonight's game... I really feel that he needs to get in touch of Denver and ask them to choose ANY TWO from the list below and send us Surtain.

and a 3rd or a 2nd..

LYNCH best not be watching tonight's game... I really feel that he needs to get in touch of Denver and ask them to choose ANY TWO from the list below and send us Surtain.

and a 3rd or a 2nd..

1. Deebo isn't being traded, and 2. none of those others equal a 1st, DEN will want a 1st & more.

and a 3rd or a 2nd..

1. Deebo isn't being traded, and 2. none of those others equal a 1st, DEN will want a 1st & more.

I saw a list of trade players yesterday and supposedly Surtain is not on the table for the Broncos.

The Russel Wilson trade debacle is behind them and they will get their own 1st round next year in the 2024 draft so it should be top 5. How much more do they want to rebuild from the draft ? I saw a $242M contract for Wilson. 😂

AB, it isn't always about resigning/keeping all your own guys. Some of those dudes gonna walk and we're trying to win it all right now. If you can find a guy that will help this team even more today, then do it.

You only get so many chances to win a SB. This team is there right now. So let's worry about that.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 20, 2023 at 8:15 AM ]
Anyone got ESPN+?

Just average?

He was a top 15 ID last year and is on the same pace again this season.
Share 49ersWebzone