49ers bounce back from consecutive losses with decisive 30-13 win over Patriots →

There are 243 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
My only issue is there aren't any massive upgrades to be had at positions of need like CB/OL. Maybe some depth and I'm cool with that.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
My only issue is there aren't any massive upgrades to be had at positions of need like CB/OL. Maybe some depth and I'm cool with that.

Jaylon Johnson would start outside IMO.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If Lynch can make a trade for another solid CB, I think the roster would be set. Other than that, I don't see a Davante Adams trade or Danielle Hunter trade happening.

Agree.

Still getting an OLine guy is always appealing.

Trust me I would absolutely love to see them add another O-lineman to protect Brock. But you just don't see teams trading good O-lineman during the season. I'd take Garrett Bolles over Jaylon Johnson in a heartbeat. But Surtain Jr over everyone else!!!

No need to trade for o-line when we draft..... oh wait
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
What 2024 cap room, they have none, they need to carryover as much of their $40M that they can to 2024 to help with their 2024 cap situation, can't just trade for a bunch of high paid players, and expect them to be able to keep them all, plus BA, Hufanga, Dre, Mooney, Armstead, Banks, etc.....

Why you extend him and bring the cap hit way down. If he isn't interested then you release him with no hit.

I know they need some of that to offset 2024 but not all 40 million. Paraag will do his cap magic like he always does. I don't see you entire list being extended unfortunately. Can't afford to keep everyone.

They're already way way over the 2024 cap, they need every bit of that $40M to get under the cap, no you can't keep everyone, but they can keep their core guys(Brock, CMC, Juice, BA, Deebo, Kittle, Trent, Banks, Bosa, AA, Hargrave, Fred, Dre, Mooney & Hufanga) long term, but when you add in a DJ Jones, you sacrifice someone, when we already have 2 IDL making high money, if the 49ers weren't going to pay DJ what he got when he was a UFA, what makes anyone think they will now?

DJ JONES??? don't we already have an average player in AA?

Ugh. He seems to be just average these past two years. If only every year could be a contract year for him.

LYNCH best not be watching tonight's game... I really feel that he needs to get in touch of Denver and ask them to choose ANY TWO from the list below and send us Surtain.

and a 3rd or a 2nd..

1. Deebo isn't being traded, and 2. none of those others equal a 1st, DEN will want a 1st & more.

I saw a list of trade players yesterday and supposedly Surtain is not on the table for the Broncos.

The Russel Wilson trade debacle is behind them and they will get their own 1st round next year in the 2024 draft so it should be top 5. How much more do they want to rebuild from the draft ? I saw a $242M contract for Wilson. 😂

PUTTING Surtain on the Trade List will basically decrease his value .. WHY in the world would a team w/the right state of mind do that? it'll for sure take away from their leverage..
What 2024 cap room, they have none, they need to carryover as much of their $40M that they can to 2024 to help with their 2024 cap situation, can't just trade for a bunch of high paid players, and expect them to be able to keep them all, plus BA, Hufanga, Dre, Mooney, Armstead, Banks, etc.....

Why you extend him and bring the cap hit way down. If he isn't interested then you release him with no hit.

I know they need some of that to offset 2024 but not all 40 million. Paraag will do his cap magic like he always does. I don't see you entire list being extended unfortunately. Can't afford to keep everyone.

They're already way way over the 2024 cap, they need every bit of that $40M to get under the cap, no you can't keep everyone, but they can keep their core guys(Brock, CMC, Juice, BA, Deebo, Kittle, Trent, Banks, Bosa, AA, Hargrave, Fred, Dre, Mooney & Hufanga) long term, but when you add in a DJ Jones, you sacrifice someone, when we already have 2 IDL making high money, if the 49ers weren't going to pay DJ what he got when he was a UFA, what makes anyone think they will now?

Ugh. He seems to be just average these past two years. If only every year could be a contract year for him.

LYNCH best not be watching tonight's game... I really feel that he needs to get in touch of Denver and ask them to choose ANY TWO from the list below and send us Surtain.

and a 3rd or a 2nd..

1. Deebo isn't being traded, and 2. none of those others equal a 1st, DEN will want a 1st & more.

I saw a list of trade players yesterday and supposedly Surtain is not on the table for the Broncos.

The Russel Wilson trade debacle is behind them and they will get their own 1st round next year in the 2024 draft so it should be top 5. How much more do they want to rebuild from the draft ? I saw a $242M contract for Wilson. 😂

PUTTING Surtain on the Trade List will basically decrease his value .. WHY in the world would a team w/the right state of mind do that? it'll for sure take away from their leverage..

cut it with the Deebo trading, when hes back he makes our offense what it is.
[ Edited by ForeverYoung8 on Oct 23, 2023 at 10:53 AM ]
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:

and a 3rd or a 2nd..

cut it with the Deebo trading, when hes back he makes our offense what it is.

correct.. when he plays.. so to that extent, thanks for confirming he is overpaid..
correct.. when he plays.. so to that extent, thanks for confirming he is overpaid..

do a 49ers get Juju trade for me
Originally posted by Waterbear:

He absolutely would. And nobody can tell me Surtain isn't available for the right price, the question is whether or not we should pay that price.

I'm all for it.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

He absolutely would. And nobody can tell me Surtain isn't available for the right price, the question is whether or not we should pay that price.

Rather have Johnson at his price and compensation

I can see Armstead taking a team discount, since he's a 49er for life from everything I"ve heard/been told, he wants to be a 49er long term. Dre is worth the money, we could have said the same about Willis/Bowman in their day, don't pay two MLBs that kind of money, but we did, this team is still the same mindset, pay Off-Ball LBs high end money over paying a RT high end money or a LG, RG, or another high end position.

The only way AA is staying in SF is at a massive discount. You don't need two elite off ball LBers. Yeah we did and we didn't win a SB. Love all of them. IMO it's a position you don't need multiple elite guys at.

No one in the right mind should be paying two off ball LBers over paying OTs. That includes a RT. Part of the reason we've been a revolving door at QB is because the OL can't protect their QB.

If you told me we could only pay top money for a OL or another off ball LBer. I'll go OL all day, especially at OT. SF has shown they can find LBers late in drafts. Linemen? Not so much.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 23, 2023 at 12:20 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I can see Armstead taking a team discount, since he's a 49er for life from everything I"ve heard/been told, he wants to be a 49er long term. Dre is worth the money, we could have said the same about Willis/Bowman in their day, don't pay two MLBs that kind of money, but we did, this team is still the same mindset, pay Off-Ball LBs high end money over paying a RT high end money or a LG, RG, or another high end position.

The only way AA is staying in SF is at a massive discount. You don't need to elite off ball LBers. Yeah we did and we didn't win a SB. Love all of them. IMO it's a position you don't need multiple elite guys at.

No one in the right mind should be paying two off ball LBers over paying OTs. That includes a RT. Part of the reason we've been a revolving door at QB is because the OL can't protect their QB.

If you told me we could only pay top money for a OL or another off ball LBer. I'll go OL all day, especially at OT. SF has shown they can find LBers late in drafts. Linemen? Not so much.

Agree 💯%, and I'll just add that LB's vs DB's -- I'd rather have a deeper DB squad than an LB squad. It's a passing league, for the defensive perspective. I'd Love to have great LB's, but I don't think any of our Super Bowl *winning* teams had outstanding elite LB's. What they did have is a elite QB, great OLines, Great DLines, and Great Defensive backs. (add in hall of fame WR's, and almost hall of fame level RB's.)

Don't get me wrong, I don't want average LB's either - I still want good/great LB's. I just don't think we need that if we have an offense that can score 30+ points a game regularly. I'd want a defense that can shut down passing games instead and force teams to go three and out in passing.
Meanwhile our biggest rival to make it to the Super Bowl…

Your turn Lynch
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Your turn Lynch

Surtain time
Share 49ersWebzone