There are 305 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
What does make it to the SB mean?

He said they were our biggest rival to make the SB… which nearly everyone would agree with. The betting odds are in agreement as well.

Nothing about them being a lock to make it. No need to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

I took it as a lock. He said they make it to the Super Bowl, if i misinterpreted that ok, but seemed like a pretty clear statement. I still think the Niners have a chance to make the Super Bowl, a pretty good one at that.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
I took it as a lock. He said they make it to the Super Bowl, if i misinterpreted that ok, but seemed like a pretty clear statement. I still think the Niners have a chance to make the Super Bowl, a pretty good one at that.

They do, and the Eagles are our primary (but not only) rival in that endeavor.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Are we going to do anything about our secondary or are we just going to hope for the best that they can figure it out? Maybe Dline can negate most of the shortcomings for the rest of the year.

Unlikely. They keep promoting this dude, Shemar Jean-Charles, and won't activate their own in Luter or Womack.

Both are hurt

They've been able to come off I.R. the past 2 weeks though. Or at least open their practice window.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

They do, and the Eagles are our primary (but not only) rival in that endeavor.

Yeah, week 13 gonna be HUGE. Not that it is the end all be all, but home field will be on the line, probably the only 1st round bye as well.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Meanwhile our biggest rival to make it to the Super Bowl…

That's a bit of an overreaction.

I think he meant, they are a rival that actually already made it to a Superbowl. Hawks, Lions, etc. have not. So by default they are our #1 rival IF we want to get to the Superbowl.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Meanwhile our biggest rival to make it to the Super Bowl…

That's a bit of an overreaction.

I think he meant, they are a rival that actually already made it to a Superbowl. Hawks, Lions, etc. have not. So by default they are our #1 rival IF we want to get to the Superbowl.

he meant what he said, he said PHI is our #1 rival in the NFC,
it's a pretty straight forward statement that most would agree with
Are we going to do anything about our secondary or are we just going to hope for the best that they can figure it out? Maybe Dline can negate most of the shortcomings for the rest of the year.

Unlikely. They keep promoting this dude, Shemar Jean-Charles, and won't activate their own in Luter or Womack.

Both are hurt

They've been able to come off I.R. the past 2 weeks though. Or at least open their practice window.

We have no idea how bad Luter & Womack's injuries are, Womack's was described as a 6-8 week injury, I think an MCL Tear, or sprain. Who knows if they want to use Luter this year, what does he bring being that he didn't have a TC at all, also they can't elevate Jean-Charles anymore after this week, max is 3 weeks. They likely make a trade for a CB at the deadline.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Both are hurt

We have no idea how bad Luter & Womack's injuries are, Womack's was described as a 6-8 week injury, I think an MCL Tear, or sprain. Who knows if they want to use Luter this year, what does he bring being that he didn't have a TC at all, also they can't elevate Jean-Charles anymore after this week, max is 3 weeks. They likely make a trade for a CB at the deadline.

CB - Darrell Luter Jr - Knee (Aug 29) - Available after wk 4
CB Samuel Womack - Knee (Sep 13) - Available to return after wk 5

Yeah, who knows what's going on here.
Philadelphia just traded with Ten for Byard. He's a solid tackler i think he's a SS. They gave up Edmund's and a 5th add 6th rounder.

Lynch needs to shore up the RCB and right side of the line to at least keep up. Can't go down without at least trading more 3rd day picks.
[ Edited by mitpdub on Oct 23, 2023 at 2:28 PM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Both are hurt

CB - Darrell Luter Jr - Knee (Aug 29) - Available after wk 4
CB Samuel Womack - Knee (Sep 13) - Available to return after wk 5

Yeah, who knows what's going on here.

Just cause they're available to come off IR/PUP after week whatever doesn't mean they'll be ready, Womack likely won't be ready till November, like I said I think it's a MCL Sprain or tear.

• bud49
  • Veteran
Kevin Byard is a really good player he has a nose for the ball. I would have thought Lynch and Ran could have done a deal on something. (not meaning Byard but something) Stacks laying around and this is suppose to be the year?

I'll grant this too the Eagles are not done,
[ Edited by bud49 on Oct 23, 2023 at 2:35 PM ]
Originally posted by bud49:
Kevin Byard is a really good player he has a nose for the ball. I would have thought Lynch and Ran could have done a deal on something. (not meaning Byard but something) Stacks laying around and this is suppose to be the year?

counter Byard with Henry
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

counter Byard with Henry

Henry needs a different offense and line. He needs lots of carry's.

I would be fine with Surtain but we can only dream.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

counter Byard with Henry

Henry needs a different offense and line. He needs lots of carry's.

I would be fine with Surtain but we can only dream.

Yes Surtain and maybe a back up DT, or DE. Heck an OT if we can find one laying in the weeds somewhere.
I'll classify this as a false story:

Share 49ersWebzone