There are 175 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
So would trading for Johnson or even 🤞 Surtain even make a difference if we have Wilks bumbling his way through the season? Maybe it's time to pray there's an O lineman out there who could contribute, even if it's just depth.

Who knows. All I know is they need help and every little move helps!!!

I just want Lynch to pull a Trey Lance type-trade without the Trey Lance!!! Go balls out make a damn splash!!!!

I would love Johnson. I don't think either guy is realistic though.

Benjamin St-Juste has been good for a couple years now in DC. He's having a quality yr right now and fits the scheme. Wouldn't cost us a "Trey lance" type of trade.

If wilks is gonna be aggressive and blitz as much as he has, we need sticky DBs on the outside. He can do that. Ward for the most part has been fine. toss Lenoir inside, where he should be playing.

it's crazy, we're still getting a ton of pressure on the QB. 7th in the league heading into Wk7. They're not getting home, part of that is on the DL and the other is on the secondary not covering well enough.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 25, 2023 at 7:29 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Benjamin St-Juste has been good for a couple years now in DC. He's having a quality yr right now and fits the scheme. Wouldn't cost us a "Trey lance" type of trade.

If wilks is gonna be aggressive and blitz as much as he has, we need sticky DBs on the outside. He can do that. Ward for the most part has been fine. toss Lenoir inside, where he should be playing.

it's crazy, we're still getting a ton of pressure on the QB. 7th in the league heading into Wk7. They're not getting home, part of that is on the DL and the other is on the secondary not covering well enough.

Ward is a fine #2 CB but we need a true alphas, especially with Wilks style
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
So would trading for Johnson or even 🤞 Surtain even make a difference if we have Wilks bumbling his way through the season? Maybe it's time to pray there's an O lineman out there who could contribute, even if it's just depth.

I just want Lynch to pull a Trey Lance type-trade without the Trey Lance!!! Go balls out make a damn splash!!!!

That just drives me crazy with how good the D-line is at putting pressure but they leave with nothing to show for it. I just want a splash trade that will actually do something like CMC. Enough is enough with the talk of there's always next year, the time is now and whether it's Brian Burns, Patrick Surtain, Jaylon Johnson or Derrick Brown just make it happen.

The whole pressure thing at #7. Sounds like a batter with high exit velocity but always strikes out and never hits homers.
I heard in the radio were like 26th in team sacks. Hard to believe.
An updated article today says we're 22nd in pressure rate btw.
[ Edited by mitpdub on Oct 25, 2023 at 8:58 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mcwoot:

Ward is a fine #2 CB but we need a true alphas, especially with Wilks style

Ward is good, that last TD he gave up was more on Wilks and a good play by Addison. Ward had good coverage it just didn't go in his favor.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mitpdub:

The whole pressure thing at #7. Sounds like a batter with high exit velocity but always strikes out and never hits homers.

Somewhere in the 20's. I blame Wilks honestly, seems like he's not adjusting to teams using the quick passes on him and it's a short, short then middle to deep completion all the frickin time it's disgusting to see. 49ers have a frickin Pro Bowl roster on defense and Wilks can't do s**t with it but make it mediocre. The biggest stat should be as a DC/HC he's only had one top 10 defense in 2017 #7 and that was his first season as DC. Should've promoted within, like Johnny Holland who Warner looks up to or Josh Bullocks.
Surtain or bust
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Who cares, he sucks!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
When I got to lunch in four hours I better see a damn trade from Lynch!!!!

When I got to lunch in four hours I better see a damn trade from Lynch!!!!

Whats for lunch, Kolohe?
Originally I thought if we beat the Vikings we should make a trade to go all in on the season, but with a loss we should stand pat.

Now with Purdy being out and losing on Monday night, I really think this team could use a morale boost.

Make something happen John. There's no guarantee this team will ever be as stacked again.
Originally posted by mitpdub:

An updated article today says we're 22nd in pressure rate btw.

This is bull. I keep track of pressure stats every week. We have generated pressure on 40% of dropbacks, 122 of 305 dropbacks to be exact. 40% has us in the top 5.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Oct 25, 2023 at 1:23 PM ]
When we generate pressure QB's have an average of 3.0 seconds to get rid of the ball. Which is #1 in the league. Our coverage can't even hold up for 3 seconds.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Oct 25, 2023 at 1:25 PM ]
Originally posted by Ark49er:

Pfft. ... And?
Share 49ersWebzone