Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
With Purdy out let's go trade for Cousins

Purdy is out for the season?

Wow, that would be serious concussion. I think there are two reasons why this just will not happen. One is Darnold, who was signed to spell Purdy when necessary. The other is Minnesota. A team trading its starting qb one third into the season?

Yeah, thanks to that W, the Vikings are right back in the hunt again.

The irony of Purdy saving his job by losing the game at the end. If we win, Vikings probably feel that the season is lost and Cousins is on a plane heading here now.

Why would Cousins head here when we have a QB that costs 34 million less and plays better? I look forward to the day of bumping all your garbage hot takes.

Some of you need to let go of the irrational Cousins hate. He's a better QB than Purdy, and more importantly, a significantly more durable QB.

Lol, Cousins hate? I like Cousins.

You were pretty quiet about Purdy until he showed the slightest bit of struggle, and now you're obnoxious. I'd say to look in the mirror, but you probably wouldn't recognize your bias regardless. So I'll just say that I look forward to revealing your dumb takes at a future date.
We gonna make another trade or what???
Originally posted by Patton:

Be patient I'm sure we will get surtain news this weekend
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

If that happens, I'm whipping it out and going to work.

I'm not so Surtain we will we make a move , worried we'll just stand Pat.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I'm not so Surtain we will we make a move , worried we'll just stand Pat.

relax, Cous
I don't see us getting Surtain - Hoping for a RT.

However, I my wildest dreams I never thought we'd land CmC.

So, there's always hope.

You were pretty quiet about Purdy until he showed the slightest bit of struggle, and now you're obnoxious. I'd say to look in the mirror, but you probably wouldn't recognize your bias regardless. So I'll just say that I look forward to revealing your dumb takes at a future date.

Ring waiting for Brock to stumble a bit due to concussion

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

If that happens, I'm whipping it out and going to work.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I don't see us getting Surtain - Hoping for a RT.

However, I my wildest dreams I never thought we'd land CmC.

So, there's always hope.

After the major moves this team has made, I'm actually preparing myself to be letdown. I'd be ecstatic with a starting caliber RT, even more so for Surtain. I'd be happy with Johnson from Chicago, but I'm expecting either a meh type acquisition, or nothing at all.

Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Do we have to wait to criticize his mistakes to make sure he didn't have a concussion first? I'll give him a benefit of the doubt and assume that his interceptions at the end of the game were heavily influenced by his concussion. I'll even give him more of the benefit of the doubt and assume he was concussed during the Browns game as well. I'm not going to hold his concussions against him, but we also didn't know he was concussed at the time.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
With Purdy out let's go trade for Cousins

Purdy is out for the season?

Wow, that would be serious concussion. I think there are two reasons why this just will not happen. One is Darnold, who was signed to spell Purdy when necessary. The other is Minnesota. A team trading its starting qb one third into the season?

Yeah, thanks to that W, the Vikings are right back in the hunt again.

The irony of Purdy saving his job by losing the game at the end. If we win, Vikings probably feel that the season is lost and Cousins is on a plane heading here now.

Why would Cousins head here when we have a QB that costs 34 million less and plays better? I look forward to the day of bumping all your garbage hot takes.

Some of you need to let go of the irrational Cousins hate. He's a better QB than Purdy, and more importantly, a significantly more durable QB.

I wasn't quiet at all about Purdy.

Do we have to wait to criticize his mistakes to make sure he didn't have a concussion first? I'll give him a benefit of the doubt and assume that his interceptions at the end of the game were heavily influenced by his concussion. I'll even give him more of the benefit of the doubt and assume he was concussed during the Browns game as well. I'm not going to hold his concussions against him, but we also didn't know he was concussed at the time.

You can't do that or we'd have to consider JG having a concussion after he got speared in the face and missed that deep shot (probably throwing to 1 of the 3 Sanders he saw on that play). Haha.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
So would trading for Johnson or even 🤞 Surtain even make a difference if we have Wilks bumbling his way through the season? Maybe it's time to pray there's an O lineman out there who could contribute, even if it's just depth.

Who knows. All I know is they need help and every little move helps!!!

I just want Lynch to pull a Trey Lance type-trade without the Trey Lance!!! Go balls out make a damn splash!!!!

I would love Johnson. I don't think either guy is realistic though.

Benjamin St-Juste has been good for a couple years now in DC. He's having a quality yr right now and fits the scheme. Wouldn't cost us a "Trey lance" type of trade.

If wilks is gonna be aggressive and blitz as much as he has, we need sticky DBs on the outside. He can do that. Ward for the most part has been fine. toss Lenoir inside, where he should be playing.

it's crazy, we're still getting a ton of pressure on the QB. 7th in the league heading into Wk7. They're not getting home, part of that is on the DL and the other is on the secondary not covering well enough.

The whole pressure thing at #7. Sounds like a batter with high exit velocity but always strikes out and never hits homers.
I heard in the radio were like 26th in team sacks. Hard to believe.
An updated article today says we're 22nd in pressure rate btw.

This is bull. I keep track of pressure stats every week. We have generated pressure on 40% of dropbacks, 122 of 305 dropbacks to be exact. 40% has us in the top 5.

Yeah not sure where he was getting that stat from

I guess KNBR got it from this article that I repeated

From ESPN today :
The 49ers' pressure rate of 27.6%, which 22nd in the NFL and on pace to also be the lowest since Shanahan and Lynch arrived.

• The Niners have a sack rate of 4.9%, which ranks 26th in the NFL and on pace to be the lowest of the Shanahan era. For context, the 2019 team was at 8%.

Source article in case I read the headline wrong https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38736100/49ers-high-priced-defensive-line-struggling-untracked?platform=amp

YacBros85 and NYniner85 are the ESPN stats wrong? You two aren't the same person with two accounts are you?

He didn't have a good game vs the Browns. The whole offense was shutdown. Not surprising considering Jim Schwartz has a good track record vs Kyle. But even then still got them in FG range to win the game.

He was having a good game vs the Vikings until the last two drives in which he played uncharacteristically. Now we have info that he most likely got concussed right before the first INT. And last drive. Numbers have been posted which support this.

Yet, you've been railing against him as if he hasn't put up good tape since becoming the starter.
Share 49ersWebzone