• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
a 1 and a 4 for Surtain

I'd up that offer in a heart beat with a 1, 2, 4 and 2025 3. Yes I'm all in.

Same, not like we'd do much in the draft with those picks anyways. No WAY would any of them get someone of his caliber,

Exactly and the time is now to strike screw, next season!!!!! If Lynch pulls off a Surtain trade or a similar one, IMO I think he would bring up team morale and the last two weeks would be a wash!!! But something needs to happen, no way can they carry on with the season hoping it gets better.

I'm telling you that mindset isn't the right way to build a team by saying screw next year and lets go all in and bring in everyone & anyone, we NEED that cap room to function next year, I'm fine with a Surtain trade cause he makes the minimum in 2024, but it likely costs us a player or 2 long term. I also don't get the whole fire Wilks thing, sure it's been a bad 2 weeks, but long season ahead, I'm sure we'll be fine defensive wise.

Building is done in the offseason, but there's always room to upgrade. And that's what needs to happen. No more talk of next season already, changes need to happen in order to adjust and counter. Saying things like, "We like the group of guys we have now" is just another way of brushing things off. When the truth is that an upgrade is needed.

And the fire Wilks talk, that belongs in another thread.
a 1 and a 4 for Surtain

Same, not like we'd do much in the draft with those picks anyways. No WAY would any of them get someone of his caliber,

Exactly and the time is now to strike screw, next season!!!!! If Lynch pulls off a Surtain trade or a similar one, IMO I think he would bring up team morale and the last two weeks would be a wash!!! But something needs to happen, no way can they carry on with the season hoping it gets better.

I really think a lot of that morale needs to come from Wilks. When Saleh and Ryans were on the sidelines, high fiving the players after a stop, etc. Wilks up in the booth is just not working for whatever reason. I'd like to see him interacting with them and how fired up he gets.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
a 1 and a 4 for Surtain

I really think a lot of that morale needs to come from Wilks. When Saleh and Ryans were on the sidelines, high fiving the players after a stop, etc. Wilks up in the booth is just not working for whatever reason. I'd like to see him interacting with them and how fired up he gets.

Firing up the defense I agree. I wonder if that will change??
a 1 and a 4 for Surtain

Firing up the defense I agree. I wonder if that will change??

DANG... if every D-players we have ain't fired up after last week, then we DONE !!!
Surtain or bust, get it done lynch
  • JEP83
  • Veteran
a 1 and a 4 for Surtain

Completely agree

we had two great d coordinators. They bonded with players on the sideline. They were in the trenches not hiding in the booth sheltered from everything. I hate coaching from the box. It's like the grumpy old man hiding and staring at a pad the whole game. May as well be at home playing Madden.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Surtain or bust, get it done lynch

Apparently he's not available but I can't imagine them turning down the right offer. I would give a 2nd for Sweat and probably for Young but I would prefer they go hard after Surtain. The Niners aren't going to get a lot of chances to get a DB like him.
Originally posted by JEP83:
a 1 and a 4 for Surtain

Completely agree

we had two great d coordinators. They bonded with players on the sideline. They were in the trenches not hiding in the booth sheltered from everything. I hate coaching from the box. It's like the grumpy old man hiding and staring at a pad the whole game. May as well be at home playing Madden.

Yeah, this ain't Fangio up in the booth calling excellent scheme matchups. Then again, he's not really a raw-raw kind of guy either.
As to whom Lynch would add at this stage? Too little too late. I'm not counting on anything significant if anything at all.

It's the exact same issues we identified in the off season: interior DL, secondary, OL.

They'll cost us in the end.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 28, 2023 at 2:21 PM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I don't see us getting Surtain - Hoping for a RT.

However, I my wildest dreams I never thought we'd land CmC.

So, there's always hope.

After the major moves this team has made, I'm actually preparing myself to be letdown. I'd be ecstatic with a starting caliber RT, even more so for Surtain. I'd be happy with Johnson from Chicago, but I'm expecting either a meh type acquisition, or nothing at all.

Good call!

Originally posted by NCommand:
As to whom Lynch would add at this stage? Too little too late. I'm not counting on anything significant if anything at all.

It's the exact same issues we identified in the off season: interior DL, secondary, OL.

They'll cost us in the end.

Tend to agree
Trade deebo for surtain

Chase Young and the CB Johnson from Chicago & call it a day.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
I smell a Chase Young trade coming soon.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Koldo:
I smell a Chase Young trade coming soon.

At this point I'd love to see them add anyone they think can help get them to the Super Bowl and win it!! I just wanna see this team follow through with being a dominant team. I don't want to be the Cardinals where they started off hot going 9-0 then getting knocked out of the playoffs in the first round.
Share 49ersWebzone