There are 260 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by BP13:
i predict everyone here will be really pissed off after the trade deadline

Doesn't matter, doesn't look like a superbowl ready team anymore anyways , more like a wild card team
definitely agree with this.

Doesn't matter, doesn't look like a superbowl ready team anymore anyways , more like a wild card team
No need to waste draft capital until the actual draft.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by mcwoot:
Oliver isn't bad, he is what he is. We need a true #1 alpha CB, then I think the other pieces fall into place

Oliver is s**t, he's just an undersized LB. Dude couldn't cover TO if he came out of retirement. I'm sick of seeing him burnt for a td weekly

At least he is tackling unlike the rest of the defense. He's one of very few guys showing up with some positives even if he is still getting beat.
trade for surtain so we can waste his talent here too.

This does not look like a team that is ready and prime for a run. But then again, they were 3 - 4 when they made the McCaffery trade I think
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
trade for surtain so we can waste his talent here too.

If we somehow get the defense back on track after the bye, which could happen, he will be an asset. If anything, roll coverage to Ward and Surtain can man up.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaleGribble:

No need to waste draft capital until the actual draft.

To draft guys who might not pan out or trade for a guy who you know will pan out now?
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Where are the draft picks? I mean the only one I see is Bell, seems every pick they make is put on a shelve for a year then they get on the field.
Originally posted by bud49:
Where are the draft picks? I mean the only one I see is Bell, seems every pick they make is put on a shelve for a year then they get on the field.

That trade for Lance has hurt this team, those 1st round picks could sure be used for depth at least. Add in the waste of that stupid Latu pick a 3rd rounder who could've been used
Should have just kept Buckner

What i would do if I were Lynch.

Offer Hufanga and our first next year for Surtain. If Denver still says no offer something of lesser value to Carolina for Jaycee Horn

Replace Hufanga with Jayir Brown. If Hufanga isn't making a play it seems like he is whiffing and he hasnt make a play yet this year.

Go find a RG. They rarely get traded so this would be hard.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by miked1978:
What i would do if I were Lynch.

Offer Hufanga and our first next year for Surtain. If Denver still says no offer something of lesser value to Carolina for Jaycee Horn

Replace Hufanga with Jayir Brown. If Hufanga isn't making a play it seems like he is whiffing and he hasnt make a play yet this year.

Go find a RG. They rarely get traded so this would be hard.

I'd offer Juan Jennings, 2024 1st and 2nd round picks, 2025 3rd round pick. Hufanga all though has whiffed on some tackles he's also made some plays during the 5 game winning streak. Besides, Gipson is bound to retire next season and that's when Brown will be starting.

Look at the 2022 draft class. We are literally running the tank on empty.

we don't have any blue chip game changers
Originally posted by jreff22:

It's true where are the new LBs we drafted this year? They looked decent in preseason.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by jreff22:

It's true where are the new LBs we drafted this year? They looked decent in preseason.

Said this yesterday in the game day thread. Really want to see Brown out there, especially when teams are passing at will against us.
Share 49ersWebzone