There are 261 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by BP13:
good move by the Hawks. Schneider telling his team he believes in them. I'd love for Lynch to go get Johnson

And more!!!! Sweat or Hunter to go along with Johnson. The 49ers have to get back on tract!!!

They can't afford that.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:
good move by the Hawks. Schneider telling his team he believes in them. I'd love for Lynch to go get Johnson

And more!!!! Sweat or Hunter to go along with Johnson. The 49ers have to get back on tract!!!

They can't afford that.

Why not??
We need to do something.

JL/KS won't panic and I'm hoping they have something in the works.
Do you

They can't afford that.

Do you want to win a sb???????
Originally posted by socal1632:
Do you

They can't afford that.

Have you noticed we've lost 3 games in a row? We're not 1 player from the SB.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Do you

They can't afford that.

more like one DC away
Do you

They can't afford that.

if they're more than just a few pieces away from a SB, which they clearly are, then having to deal with Hunter's etc, contract aftyer this season will make certain that we won't compete for a SB anytime soon. There's no room beyond this season to manage more bloated contracts than we already have. If 1 or 2 players would put us over the hump, then maybe its worth a shot, but Surtain or Hunter aren't going to propel a team to the SB that can't beat PJ Walker and company.
Do you

They can't afford that.

"We considered all the options available to us and we like the group we have. 1 kick and 1 blown defensive call and we're 7-1, we believe in the guys we have in the building" John Lynch

just preparing you guys not to expect anything.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Do you

They can't afford that.

"We considered all the options available to us and we like the group we have. 1 kick and 1 blown defensive call and we're 7-1, we believe in the guys we have in the building" John Lynch

In other words we invested most of our cap space into a D line that can't get to the QB and can't stop the run, so we have no money left to spend cause we have to save it for next year to sign players we have now.
We have to get better at stopping the run or forget about it. Try for Sweat.

I wish we could grab 2 guys so much but probably not the deal. PS II would be awesome as well but we really need to stop the run. We are pushing bottom feeder. Sweat is probably the right choice if possible.

Sounds exactly right
Originally posted by bud49:
In other words we invested most of our cap space into a D line that can't get to the QB and can't stop the run, so we have no money left to spend cause we have to save it for next year to sign players we have now.

Facts
Do you

They can't afford that.

...or it is just blowing smoke to confuse other teams.
bad scheme makes good players play bad. we dont have a personnel issue defensively. we have a scheme issue. we dont need to trade for a solution. we need wilks to get his head out of his ass
[ Edited by Young2Owens on Oct 30, 2023 at 4:15 PM ]
When have we ever telegraphed our trade moves?

They usually come from nowhere.

We might end up with nothing, but I wouldn't put any weight to Lynch's words.
im gonna say we dont make a move and hold with what we got
Share 49ersWebzone