There are 246 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erson3:
We have to get better at stopping the run or forget about it. Try for Sweat.

I wish we could grab 2 guys so much but probably not the deal. PS II would be awesome as well but we really need to stop the run. We are pushing bottom feeder. Sweat is probably the right choice if possible.

But isn't our poor run D due to scheme? We're going with a 4-2-5 when previous years we went 4-3-4?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by BP13:
good move by the Hawks. Schneider telling his team he believes in them. I'd love for Lynch to go get Johnson

And more!!!! Sweat or Hunter to go along with Johnson. The 49ers have to get back on tract!!!

They can't afford that.

Why not??

Seriously?
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
bad scheme makes good players play bad. we dont have a personnel issue defensively. we have a scheme issue. we dont need to trade for a solution. we need wilks to get his head out of his ass

Agreed….however We need secondary help more than DL. Lenior should be inside

we need a fat NT to stop the run. We don't have fhat.

we need OL depth/replacement. Burford blows.
  • thl408
Originally posted by mitpdub:

I wish we could grab 2 guys so much but probably not the deal. PS II would be awesome as well but we really need to stop the run. We are pushing bottom feeder. Sweat is probably the right choice if possible.

But isn't our poor run D due to scheme? We're going with a 4-2-5 when previous years we went 4-3-4?

What you're describing is just the personnel. If the offense has three WRs, then the 49ers put out their nickel (4-2-5). If the offense has two WRs, then the 49ers use their base 4-3-4 personnel.
I think a good run stuffing DT can help a lot - take those some of those reps away from Kinlaw/Givens. A better slot CB would also help. If that means getting an outside CB to bump Lenior to slot, that would also work.
Originally posted by thl408:

What you're describing is just the personnel. If the offense has three WRs, then the 49ers put out their nickel (4-2-5). If the offense has two WRs, then the 49ers use their base 4-3-4 personnel.
I think a good run stuffing DT can help a lot - take those some of those reps away from Kinlaw/Givens. A better slot CB would also help. If that means getting an outside CB to bump Lenior to slot, that would also work.

Thank you! This is what I've been saying. We need a DT that can stuff the run.

we need a boundary CB to push Lenior inside where he's better.

I also think we need a IOL. Eza Cleveland from Minn would be an upgrade.
I'd like to add a WR if possible. Think it would be a good move to shore up an actual strength.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
I'd like to add a WR if possible. Think it would be a good move to shore up an actual strength.

Not a priority. CB, edge and OL are all bigger needs.

Who's our base LB aside from Dre and Fred? I saw Burks cover for Dre when he's out, but it seems to me it's always just 2 LBs.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Not a priority. CB, edge and OL are all bigger needs.

To me, I don't think CB or Edge trades fix our problems. We have a coaching problem. Id be 100 percent in on acquiring OL, but they generally don't get traded.

We're probably going to need our offense to pick up the pace and do much heavier lifting than has been required in our previous runs. If our pass game has to take on a heavier burden, we can strengthen it.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BP13:
good move by the Hawks. Schneider telling his team he believes in them. I'd love for Lynch to go get Johnson

And more!!!! Sweat or Hunter to go along with Johnson. The 49ers have to get back on tract!!!

They can't afford that.

Why not??

Seriously?

Yes.

Yeah, I really thought we'd improved in that area with the addition of Hargrave, but he hasn't been great at much at all.
Feels like no moves are going to happen.
Originally posted by Patton:

For some reason they like Halloween day

No point. They've seen enough to know this team isn't going to be fixed by a few trades.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

No point. They've seen enough to know this team isn't going to be fixed by a few trades.

We have 5 selections in the first three rounds projected, keep them and add pieces and fix the issues in that manner.
Share 49ersWebzone