There are 361 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lynch: "you'll get Josh Uche and you'll like it."
Originally posted by steiber:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Patton:
Feels like no moves are going to happen.

No point. They've seen enough to know this team isn't going to be fixed by a few trades.

We have 5 selections in the first three rounds projected, keep them and add pieces and fix the issues in that manner.

That makes sense if they actually hit on those damn picks and not like this year picking a bum of a TE in the 3rd

And there are going to be a lot of disappointed people here…me included
Originally posted by VA9erfan:

And there are going to be a lot of disappointed people here…me included
i have no doubt they'll overpay for SOMEBODY, it's just not gonna be someone anybody here wants
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

No point. They've seen enough to know this team isn't going to be fixed by a few trades.

We have 5 selections in the first three rounds projected, keep them and add pieces and fix the issues in that manner.

That makes sense if they actually hit on those damn picks and not like this year picking a bum of a TE in the 3rd

I remember when nearly everyone had given up on Banks and called him a bust. Turned out he wasn't.

Not saying that's what is going to happen to this kid, only time will tell with that. But this fan base has absolutely zero patience with rookies who don't make an immediate impact.
Originally posted by evil:

I remember when nearly everyone had given up on Banks and called him a bust. Turned out he wasn't.

Not saying that's what is going to happen to this kid, only time will tell with that. But this fan base has absolutely zero patience with rookies who don't make an immediate impact.

The problem with Latu is I don't get what he did at Bama to warrant a 3rd round pick? Do they see him as a blocking TE because if that's the case it would be beyond stupid to draft a blocking TE in the 3rd. The Latu pick to me was a panic move because they wanted a TE and there was a run of them early on. Banks wasn't gonna play right away with Tomlinson still there so that was understandable

Our track record with early picks lately have been putrid. Kinlaw, Moody, Latu. If we can trade for a proven stud vs another bust pick, I'll do it.
No moves are required. It's not a personnel problem.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Well there's a personnel and coaching problem on D. Secondary is the least talented group on the whole roster. But theg aren't being helped either.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Well there's a personnel and coaching problem on D. Secondary is the least talented group on the whole roster. But theg aren't being helped either.

It's coaching and scheme. No reason to waste draft picks on this.

It's coaching and scheme. No reason to waste draft picks on this.

Uparading your biggest weak spot isn't wasting draft picks. All depends on who they can get and for what price.
Originally posted by evil:

Ok, now how about Lance, Sermon, TDP, Ambry Thomas, Danny Gray, etc. Please note that Lance holds 3 first rounder weight.
Originally posted by Bullrush42:
Ok, now how about Lance, Sermon, TDP, Ambry Thomas, Danny Gray, etc. Please note that Lance holds 3 first rounder weight.

Every team has a similar list. No one hits on everyone.

I mostly agree. Especially for what it would cost. Obviously a better offensive lineman wouldn't hurt, but almost nobody trades them right? A corner wouldn't hurt, but again, don't see it. At least not cheap.

If we're throwing picks again you gotta snag a real edge opposite bosa, but then it's a cap issues of how much money is tied into the d line etc. the second edge being legit would make the biggest difference.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Bullrush42:

Every team has a similar list. No one hits on everyone.

No team has ever made as bad of a trad Eid the Lance deal. It cost this core a title imo.
Share 49ersWebzone