There are 168 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Why would the bears trade Johnson if they're acquiring talent like Sweat? Dream case scenario is that it makes it easier for the niners to trade for both, but more likely, they're getting no one.

I don't see JJ in our future. For one, if Buffalo is in on the bidding, they will likely outbid us as they have lost the All-Pro corner for the season. They need CB help more than we do.

Now if we could throw in Ambry Thomas in the deal...

But Johnson can veto the trade if he wants to go back home to Cali.
Originally posted by BP13:
link
rumor is Bears price for Johnson starts with a 2nd. is that worth it for a rental?

It only works if a future contract is agreed upon before the deal. Giving a 2nd for a rental is not worth it.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Preparing myself for disappointment :

"We considered all the options available to us and we like the group we have. 1 kick and 1 blown defensive call and we're 7-1, we believe in the guys we have in the building" JL

Lmao that sounds like lynch

That's I think exactly what he said a few years ago about lunging the guys he has.
[ Edited by mitpdub on Oct 31, 2023 at 11:16 AM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Why would the bears trade Johnson if they're acquiring talent like Sweat? Dream case scenario is that it makes it easier for the niners to trade for both, but more likely, they're getting no one.

I don't see JJ in our future. For one, if Buffalo is in on the bidding, they will likely outbid us as they have lost the All-Pro corner for the season. They need CB help more than we do.

Now if we could throw in Ambry Thomas in the deal...

But Johnson can veto the trade if he wants to go back home to Cali.

That might work. His agent was given permission last night to seek a trade, per NFL.com.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

OOMF I was hoping we could get this guy.

We're in the west coast. Is Lynch up yet?
Originally posted by mitpdub:

OOMF I was hoping we could get this guy.

We're in the west coast. Is Lynch up yet?

It's the bye week, lunch still asleep
day 3 pick? good trade for Baalke

Yeah, we don't need anything on the line…. We will be just fine….. Jesus. Jacksonville improves and we sit on our hands. Save those picks for what? Lynch this is your chance to turn this broken ship into a luxury yacht

MIN punting with no Kirk?

We walk away with nothing today and we walk away from anything in January let alone February
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
We walk away with nothing today and we walk away from anything in January let alone February

I don't think championships are won at the trade deadline, maybe in MLB on occasion
football is more a team game, hard to acclimate guys midseason, look at CHI adding Claypool, that was a BIG move last season, just a complete zero for them
sometimes the best move is no move

f**k!
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

MIN punting with no Kirk?

they signed Risner and Cleveland is a FA.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Oct 31, 2023 at 11:27 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone