There are 461 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
How do you not get you paper work in on time? I mean the other team. Apparently we had a CB lined up and agreed to. But the other team can't process it in time. That's just absolutely absurd and ridiculous.

It wasn't true

Do we know if it was true or not? What's the story? I've seen it reported. So I don't really know what to believe exactly.

Adoree Jackson has been bad anyways
How do you not get you paper work in on time? I mean the other team. Apparently we had a CB lined up and agreed to. But the other team can't process it in time. That's just absolutely absurd and ridiculous.

It wasn't true

Do we know if it was true or not? What's the story? I've seen it reported. So I don't really know what to believe exactly.

It was a fake Twitter account and was not true. Lynch confirmed it as well

It wasn't true

It was a fake Twitter account and was not true. Lynch confirmed it as well

OK fine. But we could have used help in that area. Oh well we did pretty well anyway with what we got.
Here's a little hypothetical, if we didn't draft Purdy and stayed with Trey but eventually trading Trey because he didn't work out, we could've traded for cousin and probably spent almost the same amount of draft capital and huge contract, it's a possibility we wouldn't have gotten McCafrey and Chase. Purdy, with his minimum salary but with a surprisingly above average football acumen as a rookie QB, was the anomaly in a normal NFL world.
Originally posted by 49erF90:
Here's a little hypothetical, if we didn't draft Purdy and stayed with Trey but eventually trading Trey because he didn't work out, we could've traded for cousin and probably spent almost the same amount of draft capital and huge contract, it's a possibility we wouldn't have gotten McCafrey and Chase. Purdy, with his minimum salary but with a surprisingly above average football acumen as a rookie QB, was the anomaly in a normal NFL world.

COUSIN sorry... trading for him is like having another HOYER-CJ-MULLEN-JOSH... all hand picked by Shanny... let's all hope that SAM BAM BOO ends the STREAK !!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Doesn't sound like Lynch plans to tag or re-sign Chase Young. If he gets 10+ sacks no way the 9ers can or will re-sign him.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Doesn't sound like Lynch plans to tag or re-sign Chase Young. If he gets 10+ sacks no way the 9ers can or will re-sign him.

Unfortunately unless it becomes apparent we need to keep him and Bosa together.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

you know John is not trying to show his hand either. We love DL and one just fell into our laps

that's not true
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

you know John is not trying to show his hand either. We love DL and one just fell into our laps

I'm already firmly on team extend Chase Young. And if it leads to losing Armstead so be it

All John said was things happen, like with Sanders, he made a difference, he got an offer elsewhere, could happen with Young, they could tag him, he never said they won't re-sign, or tag him, reading too much into this.

Yeah he talks like he normally does, "never say never" ... In other words zero chance he returns for our 24-25 season if healthy. Which sucks, but the reality is not many teams can afford two star edge guys on second contracts.
I'm already firmly on team extend Chase Young. And if it leads to losing Armstead so be it

we really do need someone to bookend bosa. we were never better than when we had dee ford healthy and flying off the opposite edge.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

we really do need someone to bookend bosa. we were never better than when we had dee ford healthy and flying off the opposite edge.

And Chase can take over games in the same way as Bosa. They are both great run defenders also
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

that's not true

If he turns out to be a good bookend to Bosa, you can't pass up a great DE combo
Share 49ersWebzone