There are 293 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Probably setting up Adam Peters to be the next GM
Originally posted by Kolohe:
You don't need to restructure Bosa to re-sign Young, with $40 million rolled over I'm sure they can fit him under the cap and re-sign Aiyuk. They also could either tag and trade him or just place the franchise tag on him altogether for $20 mil.

pretty sure there is a ton of money about to fall off from Trey and D Ford....

I am not a salary cap guy, but I seem to remember a good chunk of dead money coming off next year.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Right, Chase is the only real priority, as for Jauan, he's a RFA, he'll get the 2nd rd tender, he'll be back for 1 more year IMO.

Woerner, Dwelley, & Ferrell can all walk IMO, I would keep Burks, Ray-Ray, Feliciano, & Givens.

If they do sign a big name, it likely is someone like Jaylon Johnson.

I see a guy more in the Steven Nelson realm.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Nov 3, 2023 at 12:11 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Originally posted by Heroism:

Why is that a bad thing? He's part of the reason we've been successful.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Like you said you can't hit on every pick, gotta give Burford time. 2021 got us also Hufanga, & Lenoir, both playing well/good, need to be better, but still good.

If you get 1-3 starters out of a draft I say that's a success, but that's my opinion.

If you get one all pro starter out of a draft its a huge success.

Yea we need to hit on some back end of the roster guys that can be coached up like Moseley and Al Shaair. Guys who can come in and not s**t the bed
This is huge. This insures that our FO stays intact for the foreseeable future
Originally posted by Dshearn:
You don't need to restructure Bosa to re-sign Young, with $40 million rolled over I'm sure they can fit him under the cap and re-sign Aiyuk. They also could either tag and trade him or just place the franchise tag on him altogether for $20 mil.

I am not a salary cap guy, but I seem to remember a good chunk of dead money coming off next year.

How much do you think he'll command on the open market. The way salaries escalate I wouldn't be surprised that he gets somewhere in the $20-25 million range if he finishes this season strong.

Hero, do you have insight on who's calling the shots in terms of the draft? Are you concerned about Peters because he's the early round guy?

Originally posted by Waterbear:

Hero, do you have insight on who's calling the shots in terms of the draft? Are you concerned about Peters because he's the early round guy?

Lol he has no clue
Originally posted by Dshearn:

Ford = $8.589M off the cap. He's done.

Lance is still on the cap for $5.614M.

Lots of balls in the air for the next two years. I would love to see Young play well enough to get a new contract here. duh

Good for John, he's earned it, whether or not you like him, he's done an excellent job building the team, it's up to the players to execute the plays, we were so close last year before Purdy's UCL injury.

Good for John, he's earned it, whether or not you like him, he's done an excellent job building the team, it's up to the players to execute the plays, we were so close last year before Purdy's UCL injury.

He sure has earned it. Even if their calculus has sometimes been off, it has largely been correct, which is why we have a playoff roster.

I am happy we have this regime in place with the 49ers. Sooner or later they will break through and bring us another Lombardi trophy.

The only thing I ask is that they make brutally honest assessments of their failures and take care to properly learn the lessons from them.

And there it is! This is freaking fantastic news!

Come on up Peters.
Share 49ersWebzone