49ers bounce back from consecutive losses with decisive 30-13 win over Patriots →

There are 238 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Getting Chase Young was massive; Brian Burns would've been a mindblower.

Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I believe Hero is noting Peters was a big fan of Trey Lance so he's questioning his acumen.

Yeah, Trey Lance and Ambry Thomas are the only draft picks I've seen linked to Adam Peters. I'm really just indifferent to Adam Peters in general and don't get why the fanbase is enamored with him. Maybe I missed other picks he played a role in or something.

I figured as much. Yeah, it's hard to find those primary connections. On the flip side, I've heard interviews from Lynch that before the close of the 2nd day, he asks all the scouts, starting with Peters, who they'd pound the table for...a wish list. And since we've been stellar from the 5th on, we either have great scouts (thanks Baalke) and/or a great assistant GM who manages them.

The FO is set up for Peters now so it'll be interesting down the road if we do better in rounds 1-4 with him at the helm...more trades...different focus on other positions.

It'll be fun to track and revisit someday.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 4, 2023 at 3:37 PM ]

Wow!!!

I love the new NFL and the younger GM's. Trading has been insane over the last 7 years or so compared to the older regimes.

Wow!!!

I love the new NFL and the younger GM's. Trading has been insane over the last 7 years or so compared to the older regimes.

Yeah seriously I love it. Been active, so much so that the networks tried making it like NBA trade deadline specials 😂
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Yeah seriously I love it. Been active, so much so that the networks tried making it like NBA trade deadline specials 😂

Haha. True!
I believe Hero is noting Peters was a big fan of Trey Lance so he's questioning his acumen.

Yeah, Trey Lance and Ambry Thomas are the only draft picks I've seen linked to Adam Peters. I'm really just indifferent to Adam Peters in general and don't get why the fanbase is enamored with him. Maybe I missed other picks he played a role in or something.

I figured as much. Yeah, it's hard to find those primary connections. On the flip side, I've heard interviews from Lynch that before the close of the 2nd day, he asks all the scouts, starting with Peters, who they'd pound the table for...a wish list. And since we've been stellar from the 5th on, we either have great scouts (thanks Baalke) and/or a great assistant GM who manages them.

The FO is set up for Peters now so it'll be interesting down the road if we do better in rounds 1-4 with him at the helm...more trades...different focus on other positions.

It'll be fun to track and revisit someday.

You figured as much? My god do you think people just forget s**t you say?
oh no adam peters didn't nail the ambry thomas pick, a 3rd rounder...
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
oh no adam peters didn't nail the ambry thomas pick, a 3rd rounder...

Allows you another scape goat to fire with shanahan if things go south. Being setup as a patsy so you can retain lynch while decoupling from Kyle if necessary.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Probably setting up Adam Peters to be the next GM

Why is that a bad thing? He's part of the reason we've been successful.

Considering Lance still hasn't gotten any playing time to prove himself one way or another, you cant say he was a bust. The only reason we moved on is because Purdy burst on the scene so dramatically.

He couldn't win the number 2 job, despite him going into his 3rd training camp running this system.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Nov 4, 2023 at 5:11 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
lol he's been waiting for this day, he can't stand lynch.

Ryan Pace to the rescue

I love ShanaLynch. Not a fan of their 1990's team building strategy though.
Yeah who really likes one of the best rosters in the league

OTC has Sweat's deal, no way would the 49ers do this type of structure, https://overthecap.com/player/montez-sweat/7817

More likely a Bosa structure, for far less money APY wise, but he's 27 vs Young being 24, if Young can stay healthy, produce, I think he can get close to this, I'd have to try to see if we could fit him with our current core, I think it can be done, $24M a year might be doable, even with BA at $25M a yr IMO.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Ryan Pace to the rescue

NC prefers the LARs approach apparently, trade picks, sign big name FAs every year, get in season big name players, I mean isn't that what we've been doing the past few years?
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Ryan Pace to the rescue

NC prefers the LARs approach apparently, trade picks, sign big name FAs every year, get in season big name players, I mean isn't that what we've been doing the past few years?

Who said anything about the LAR?

Either way, that's a poor example on your part.

That's a team that beat us to win a Superbowl by acquiring in one off season and focusing in on the things that actually win you Superbowls in today's game: QB, tier 1 OL, CB, ER, WR

It's not about "big names"...no idea why you keep saying that. It's about getting the right players around the positions that move the needle in the end.

But if you're cool with the bridesmaid model and cap health, to each his own. It's still a really good roster that will win you a lot of games and be ultra competitive. There's nothing wrong with that.

But some of us want to actually win #6.

Building a model around DL and a running game isn't it. That's the definition of insanity at this stage, whether you can see that or not after 7 years.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 5, 2023 at 6:23 AM ]

That's a team that beat us to win a Superbowl by acquiring in one off season and focusing in on the things that actually win you Superbowls in today's game: QB, tier 1 OL, CB, ER, WR

It's not about "big names"...no idea why you keep saying that. It's about getting the right players around the positions that move the needle in the end.

But if you're cool with the bridesmaid model and cap health, to each his own. It's still a really good roster that will win you a lot of games and be ultra competitive. There's nothing wrong with that.

Building a model around DL and a running game isn't it. That's the definition of insanity at this stage, whether you can see that or not after 7 years.

This team should have beat the Rams so I don't know how anyone can say their building approach is better. If Tartt would have intercepted that pass the game probably would have been ours. Execution was the difference not how either team built their roster.

If the Rams lost that game their rebuild approach would have been a disaster. At least we still are in a Super Bowl window. Theirs slam shut and now onto another rebuild.

Its like losing a game bc your kicker missed a kick and then blaming everything on the team building approach.
Originally posted by miked1978:

This team should have beat the Rams so I don't know how anyone can say their building approach is better. If Tartt would have intercepted that pass the game probably would have been ours. Execution was the difference not how either team built their roster.

If the Rams lost that game their rebuild approach would have been a disaster. At least we still are in a Super Bowl window. Theirs slam shut and now onto another rebuild.

Its like losing a game bc your kicker missed a kick and then blaming everything on the team building approach.

You're missing the point. What they did that off season and with in season trades on those positions is what put them in position to win.

Now, as to their strategy to get there, e.g. mortgaging their future, that's a different topic. They had mortgaged their future prior to that as well so it was no surprise they were going all in. And it worked.

My bigger point is WHAT positions are targeted. Also, I never brought up the LAR's. That was AB.
Share 49ersWebzone