There are 261 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
49ers being interested in Brian Burns isn't really telling me much. Lynch could've called and said "hey was it gonna take to get Burns" and that's that. Now if someone reported that the 49ers were close to trading for Burns then that gets me all tingling inside. lol
Originally posted by Kolohe:
49ers being interested in Brian Burns isn't really telling me much. Lynch could've called and said "hey was it gonna take to get Burns" and that's that. Now if someone reported that the 49ers were close to trading for Burns then that gets me all tingling inside. lol

Absolutely. Half the job of being a GM is maintaining contacts around the league. These guys spend a lot of time talking and texting other GMs just to keep the lines open. If it's a GM they know well or have done business with before the relationships gets stronger.
Originally posted by miked1978:
This team should have beat the Rams so I don't know how anyone can say their building approach is better. If Tartt would have intercepted that pass the game probably would have been ours. Execution was the difference not how either team built their roster.

If the Rams lost that game their rebuild approach would have been a disaster. At least we still are in a Super Bowl window. Theirs slam shut and now onto another rebuild.

Its like losing a game bc your kicker missed a kick and then blaming everything on the team building approach.

Rams won because their QB was better than ours and executed at a higher level when needed. That was the difference. Certain people tie themselves in knots to try and find other reasons.

Considering that the Panthers turned down an offer of 2 first round picks for Burns last year, it was probably just Lynch doing his due diligence rather than any serious discussion.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
lol he's been waiting for this day, he can't stand lynch.

Ryan Pace to the rescue

I love ShanaLynch. Not a fan of their 1990's team building strategy though.
Yeah who really likes one of the best rosters in the league

NC prefers the LARs approach apparently, trade picks, sign big name FAs every year, get in season big name players, I mean isn't that what we've been doing the past few years?

Remember when the rams learned their lesson and prioritized the OL? Yeah I don't either 🤣
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Nov 5, 2023 at 8:06 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Considering that the Panthers turned down an offer of 2 first round picks for Burns last year, it was probably just Lynch doing his due diligence rather than any serious discussion.

Exactly, that's why I can't stand all these tweets that seem bigger than what it really is.
Rams won because their QB was better than ours and executed at a higher level when needed. That was the difference. Certain people tie themselves in knots to try and find other reasons.

It's laughable people still blame Tartt for losing against the Rams in the championship game
This team should have beat the Rams so I don't know how anyone can say their building approach is better. If Tartt would have intercepted that pass the game probably would have been ours. Execution was the difference not how either team built their roster.

If the Rams lost that game their rebuild approach would have been a disaster. At least we still are in a Super Bowl window. Theirs slam shut and now onto another rebuild.

Its like losing a game bc your kicker missed a kick and then blaming everything on the team building approach.

Yeah, the QB they picked up in that off season.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If Purdy isn't who we thought he was and a QB like Stafford or Watson is on the block, I hope Lynch and Shanahan throw the draft and the bank for that QB. Like the Rams did for Stafford. And hell no to Kirk Cousins.
If Purdy isn't who we thought he was and a QB like Stafford or Watson is on the block, I hope Lynch and Shanahan throw the draft and the bank for that QB. Like the Rams did for Stafford. And hell no to Kirk Cousins.

What kind of elite QB would be on the block? I don't see one, no way I'm doing what CLE did to get Watson.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

What kind of elite QB would be on the block? I don't see one, no way I'm doing what CLE did to get Watson.

Pretty much saying that if Mahomes or Burrows is ever on the block just frickin get'r done!!!!

Yep. Kyle was pissed when the Rams got Stafford. How many years in and he is still stuck with a "smart" 6 foot pop gun armed qb, weaker than Tua's. For John to praise Brock for the Jimmy passes in the last 3 games, is a lie. This is a huge part of the reason why he's O for a big number zero when behind. He'd have multiple SB's had he had a qb. He's his own worst narcissistic enemy🫤🫤🫤🫤

Pretty much saying that if Mahomes or Burrows is ever on the block just frickin get'r done!!!!

LMAO.

In theory I could agree but it is a question of who. Stafford is under contract to the Rams till 27 and a little bird tells me that they don't want to help us. I haven't seen Watson for an age, but whilst he is younger than Stafford his contract is eye watering. I think you are going to have to come up with some other names. I can't see us fitting contracts of their levels under our cap although AB can correct me if necessary.

Personally I would rather stick with Purdy and Darnold or a reasonable replacement for Darnold, and throw the picks and the FA money at the O line, and maybe leave some for the db.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by English:

In theory I could agree but it is a question of who. Stafford is under contract to the Rams till 27 and a little bird tells me that they don't want to help us. I haven't seen Watson for an age, but whilst he is younger than Stafford his contract is eye watering. I think you are going to have to come up with some other names. I can't see us fitting contracts of their levels under our cap although AB can correct me if necessary.

Personally I would rather stick with Purdy and Darnold or a reasonable replacement for Darnold, and throw the picks and the FA money at the O line, and maybe leave some for the db.

No no, not for Stafford or Watson I'm saying a caliber like Stafford or Watson. Sorry if I worded that wrong.
Share 49ersWebzone