There are 190 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If Purdy isn't who we thought he was and a QB like Stafford or Watson is on the block, I hope Lynch and Shanahan throw the draft and the bank for that QB. Like the Rams did for Stafford. And hell no to Kirk Cousins.

In theory I could agree but it is a question of who. Stafford is under contract to the Rams till 27 and a little bird tells me that they don't want to help us. I haven't seen Watson for an age, but whilst he is younger than Stafford his contract is eye watering. I think you are going to have to come up with some other names. I can't see us fitting contracts of their levels under our cap although AB can correct me if necessary.

Personally I would rather stick with Purdy and Darnold or a reasonable replacement for Darnold, and throw the picks and the FA money at the O line, and maybe leave some for the db.

No no, not for Stafford or Watson I'm saying a caliber like Stafford or Watson. Sorry if I worded that wrong.

No worries. I was trying to think who might actually come available and am struggling. Russ Wilson? Goff? Don't know. I think I will stick with rebuilding the O line!

Purdy matched us down the field and Moody missed the 41 yarder with no time left. Totally different narrative in this for both Brock, Moody, and the team if that short kick goes in.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by NCommand:
John Lynch Year 7 vs. Trent Baalke Year 3

It doesn't get better than this! LOL

At least there isn't any leaking, or dissention in the ranks with this regime, unlike the Harbaugh/Baalke regime.

Also if this refers to the time it took the 49ers to get to a SB or NFC Title game, I hope no one thought we would in 2017 after the way Baalke left the roster a s**t hole, where in 2011 Harbaugh had pieces still(Gore, Vernon, Bowman, Willis, J.Smith, Alex, & others) to help expedite the process, where we had s**t talent except for guys like Buck, Armstead, Ward, etc.... in 2017.

Oh no. This is playful. Year 7 in Lynch's tenure vs. Baalke as the Jags GM in year 3, 1on1.

God, those were great and miserable days!

At least there isn't any leaking, or dissention in the ranks with this regime, unlike the Harbaugh/Baalke regime.

Also if this refers to the time it took the 49ers to get to a SB or NFC Title game, I hope no one thought we would in 2017 after the way Baalke left the roster a s**t hole, where in 2011 Harbaugh had pieces still(Gore, Vernon, Bowman, Willis, J.Smith, Alex, & others) to help expedite the process, where we had s**t talent except for guys like Buck, Armstead, Ward, etc.... in 2017.

Oh no. This is playful. Year 7 in Lynch's tenure vs. Baalke as the Jags GM in year 3, 1on1.

Yes, yes they were great & miserable years, still never understood the Tomsula & Chip Kelly hires.

Yes, yes they were great & miserable years, still never understood the Tomsula & Chip Kelly hires.

I remember getting physically sick with this one. I wanted the Shanahan pair so badly then!

I don't think they did either!
How exactly did we go from having a good DL at start of yr and then recently added Gravedigger, and just 12 days ago, added Chase? Say what you want but for a top flite GM, we could not have hired a better GM than John L. He also was part of the Brock hire, and somehow, since coming here has ended up with:..probably forgot a couple, but ….

Deebo, CMC, Kittle, Aiyuk, Juaun, #71, Banks, Brendel, Dre, Fred, Hufanga, Charvarious, Arik, Nick, and now Hargrave and Chase, and don't forget Brock.

That is an incredible list of guys and talent, which when he and kyle started , basically had the cupboard left bare. This has been a monumental job by JL, and am glad I thot he was a studly pick when he was first announced. It is also nice to have a GM and HC , unlike before , that actually get along well and help each other out. The Baalke/ harbaw thing was tough to stomach.

This duo is something else…and we are darn lucky to have them. No SB yet but it's coming…and soon.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
How exactly did we go from having a good DL at start of yr and then recently added Gravedigger, and just 12 days ago, added Chase? Say what you want but for a top flite GM, we could not have hired a better GM than John L. He also was part of the Brock hire, and somehow, since coming here has ended up with:..probably forgot a couple, but ….

Deebo, CMC, Kittle, Aiyuk, Juaun, #71, Banks, Brendel, Dre, Fred, Hufanga, Charvarious, Arik, Nick, and now Hargrave and Chase, and don't forget Brock.

That is an incredible list of guys and talent, which when he and kyle started , basically had the cupboard left bare. This has been a monumental job by JL, and am glad I thot he was a studly pick when he was first announced. It is also nice to have a GM and HC , unlike before , that actually get along well and help each other out. The Baalke/ harbaw thing was tough to stomach.

This duo is something else…and we are darn lucky to have them. No SB yet but it's coming…and soon.

Hell yeah man, hell yeah, I love JL, we'll get a ring soon enough imo, Brock is the right QB.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

You ABSOLUTLY nailed it!!

Talanoa, resigning Greenlaw instead of Al Shahir, Wishnowsky
[ Edited by LasVegasWally on Nov 16, 2023 at 7:39 AM ]
Hell yeah man, hell yeah, I love JL, we'll get a ring soon enough imo, Brock is the right QB.

I think if they nail OL and secondary next year with all our resources, next year is the year. There's still a chance this year too with what's-in house as well but I'm loving the odds next year. They HAVE to address our 2 biggest weaknesses next year. It's glaring and very easy to self-scout on those 2. Haha.

I remember getting physically sick with this one. I wanted the Shanahan pair so badly then!

No you didn't 😂

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

No you didn't 😂

Facts. I have a key witness in the case. But glad you hang on my every word still.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

what's another word, for barnacle
also welcome back, NY
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Share 49ersWebzone