There are 205 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

what's another word, for barnacle
also welcome back, NY

At least he was good when he played lol. Just never really played much…if they could get a healthy JV for the rest of the season that would be best case. Totally wishing there.
no harm in bringing jv back

dude is amazing when hes healthy for the 10 seconds he plays

also welcome back, NY

At least he was good when he played lol. Just never really played much…if they could get a healthy JV for the rest of the season that would be best case. Totally wishing there.

He's the only pro bowl level CB available to sign. I would trust him over any of our young CBs if he's healthy. But I've been pounding the sign JV table since preseason
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
John Lynch Year 7 vs. Trent Baalke Year 3

It doesn't get better than this! LOL

At least there isn't any leaking, or dissention in the ranks with this regime, unlike the Harbaugh/Baalke regime.

Also if this refers to the time it took the 49ers to get to a SB or NFC Title game, I hope no one thought we would in 2017 after the way Baalke left the roster a s**t hole, where in 2011 Harbaugh had pieces still(Gore, Vernon, Bowman, Willis, J.Smith, Alex, & others) to help expedite the process, where we had s**t talent except for guys like Buck, Armstead, Ward, etc.... in 2017.

Oh no. This is playful. Year 7 in Lynch's tenure vs. Baalke as the Jags GM in year 3, 1on1.

God, those were great and miserable days!

Yes, yes they were great & miserable years, still never understood the Tomsula & Chip Kelly hires.

I remember getting physically sick with this one. I wanted the Shanahan pair so badly then!

No you didn't 😂

Facts. I have a key witness in the case. But glad you hang on my every word still.

"I believe JT will bring the most out of his coaches and players (which is great)"

"Great teacher!"

Ya dude you were so physically sick 😆
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

also welcome back, NY

He's the only pro bowl level CB available to sign. I would trust him over any of our young CBs if he's healthy. But I've been pounding the sign JV table since preseason

Please let this happen, and him be healthy, and get on the field again. The man definitely deserves it and the locker room loves him.
Originally posted by Furlow:

also welcome back, NY

Please let this happen, and him be healthy, and get on the field again. The man definitely deserves it and the locker room loves him.

Yeah we just saw the juice having Trent Williams, Deebo and Chase Young brought. Bringing back JV would be a huge boost for the culture.
  • thl408

also welcome back, NY

Yeah we just saw the juice having Trent Williams, Deebo and Chase Young brought. Bringing back JV would be a huge boost for the culture.

JV is in the building. Keep him here. Even if the time table for him is sometime in 2024.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:

also welcome back, NY

JV is in the building. Keep him here. Even if the time table for him is sometime in 2024.

100%
If he's fully healthy (at the moment) and can still play, they should bring him in. At least for the playoffs.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
If he's fully healthy (at the moment) and can still play, they should bring him in. At least for the playoffs.

Why did Houston release him though?? You would think if he's healthy he could step right in and contribute.

Originally posted by Kolohe:

Why did Houston release him though?? You would think if he's healthy he could step right in and contribute.

I think he's pretty much done at this point.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran

Maybe he thinks he's ready and they don't so he asked for release?
Originally posted by Sickaa:

I think he's pretty much done at this point.

I mean if DeMeco signed off on releasing him from the practice squad . . .

JV is a 9 year vet whose body has been through A LOT. He can be a boost but I don't see him making it.
John Lynch Year 7 vs. Trent Baalke Year 3

It doesn't get better than this! LOL

At least there isn't any leaking, or dissention in the ranks with this regime, unlike the Harbaugh/Baalke regime.

Also if this refers to the time it took the 49ers to get to a SB or NFC Title game, I hope no one thought we would in 2017 after the way Baalke left the roster a s**t hole, where in 2011 Harbaugh had pieces still(Gore, Vernon, Bowman, Willis, J.Smith, Alex, & others) to help expedite the process, where we had s**t talent except for guys like Buck, Armstead, Ward, etc.... in 2017.

Oh no. This is playful. Year 7 in Lynch's tenure vs. Baalke as the Jags GM in year 3, 1on1.

God, those were great and miserable days!

Yes, yes they were great & miserable years, still never understood the Tomsula & Chip Kelly hires.

I remember getting physically sick with this one. I wanted the Shanahan pair so badly then!

No you didn't 😂

Facts. I have a key witness in the case. But glad you hang on my every word still.

"I believe JT will bring the most out of his coaches and players (which is great)"

"Great teacher!"

Ya dude you were so physically sick 😆

There's more than that. I was the homer back then towing the company line once the decision was made hoping for the best by grasping for whatever I could positively.

But as to who (I) actually wanted and how I felt upon hearing the initial news, what I said was truth.

Now twist away...from 10 years ago. LOL
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 16, 2023 at 4:39 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
no harm in bringing jv back

dude is amazing when hes healthy for the 10 seconds he plays

Worst case, he can school up the young ones too.
Share 49ersWebzone