There are 155 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by dj43:
Has anybody heard anything from John Lynch lately?

Who's that? We just got timewarped back to the Gore/Baalke era. LOL

I love that Lynch did a lot of media when Kyle was newer to the role and less comfortable with the media. Now he's stepped back a bit publicly so Kyle and the players can shine.

Thats a good leader
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
John Lynch Year 7 vs. Trent Baalke Year 3

It doesn't get better than this! LOL

At least there isn't any leaking, or dissention in the ranks with this regime, unlike the Harbaugh/Baalke regime.

Also if this refers to the time it took the 49ers to get to a SB or NFC Title game, I hope no one thought we would in 2017 after the way Baalke left the roster a s**t hole, where in 2011 Harbaugh had pieces still(Gore, Vernon, Bowman, Willis, J.Smith, Alex, & others) to help expedite the process, where we had s**t talent except for guys like Buck, Armstead, Ward, etc.... in 2017.

Oh no. This is playful. Year 7 in Lynch's tenure vs. Baalke as the Jags GM in year 3, 1on1.

God, those were great and miserable days!

Yes, yes they were great & miserable years, still never understood the Tomsula & Chip Kelly hires.

I remember getting physically sick with this one. I wanted the Shanahan pair so badly then!

Personally i checked out once Harbaugh was let go, and didn't come back (in a sense) until Kyle was hired. Tomsula and Kelly, from what I knew of them, never inspired confidence in me that they could do the job. Its great that both John and Kyle got that extension.

Personally I think John is underrated as a talent evaluator. I do remember Dwight Clark, who was (i think) Carmen policy's assistant GM at that time being high on Tyrrell Owen's and (i think) had a big role in getting him on the team. Same with John. I think his role in evaluating the DBs - a perceived weakness - has to be given credit for Gipson and Hufanga acquisitions, and possibly Jaiyer too if he pans out.

Don't get me wrong. Adam Peters is a big part of it also, but John's experience at that positon also helps in those evaluations.
Originally posted by Giedi:

At least there isn't any leaking, or dissention in the ranks with this regime, unlike the Harbaugh/Baalke regime.

Also if this refers to the time it took the 49ers to get to a SB or NFC Title game, I hope no one thought we would in 2017 after the way Baalke left the roster a s**t hole, where in 2011 Harbaugh had pieces still(Gore, Vernon, Bowman, Willis, J.Smith, Alex, & others) to help expedite the process, where we had s**t talent except for guys like Buck, Armstead, Ward, etc.... in 2017.

Oh no. This is playful. Year 7 in Lynch's tenure vs. Baalke as the Jags GM in year 3, 1on1.

Yes, yes they were great & miserable years, still never understood the Tomsula & Chip Kelly hires.

I remember getting physically sick with this one. I wanted the Shanahan pair so badly then!

Personally i checked out once Harbaugh was let go, and didn't come back (in a sense) until Kyle was hired. Tomsula and Kelly, from what I knew of them, never inspired confidence in me that they could do the job. Its great that both John and Kyle got that extension.

Personally I think John is underrated as a talent evaluator. I do remember Dwight Clark, who was (i think) Carmen policy's assistant GM at that time being high on Tyrrell Owen's and (i think) had a big role in getting him on the team. Same with John. I think his role in evaluating the DBs - a perceived weakness - has to be given credit for Gipson and Hufanga acquisitions, and possibly Jaiyer too if he pans out.

Don't get me wrong. Adam Peters is a big part of it also, but John's experience at that positon also helps in those evaluations.
check out...blasphemy !
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Giedi:

check out...blasphemy !

As bad as those dudes were I dislike Nolan even more. Man I hated those years.
I'll take him

• thl408
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'll take him

I'd take JJ Watt.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
It's a got damn no brainer Lynch do the damn thang!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

If hell come cheap bye Ross Dwelley.

If we passed on him, we'd be absolute morons. He will end up anywhere else but Philly. Someone will take him, and it better be us if we get the chance.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

If we passed on him, we'd be absolute morons. He will end up anywhere else but Philly. Someone will take him, and it better be us if we get the chance.

I don't think he makes it to the 9ers anyway. But I bet my life he would to come to the 9ers!!!!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'll take him

He'll be in Philly by this weekend.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

Maybe. Could also head to Jacksonville with his old coach.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Maybe. Could also head to Jacksonville with his old coach.

Interesting that it's saying he wants to play for a contender but to do that he'd have to make it past a bunch of trash teams higher on the waiver wire.
Interesting that it's saying he wants to play for a contender but to do that he'd have to make it past a bunch of trash teams higher on the waiver wire.

Not sure any team will claim him with his 24 salary.
Share 49ersWebzone