There are 212 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by Rice-a-Ronnie:
I'd love to see someone grade us by round. It's mesmerizing how we can be so good and yet so bad at the early rounds. It's like we are three point sharpshooters but can't hit free throws.
Agree with all your grades except 3rd Rd. Too many fails there to get an A+. Tarvarius Moore, TDP, Sermon, Gray, Witherspoon. All bad. Warner is really it.

dude i think you have no idea

in all round if you get 1 long term starter the draft is considered a win

You still need to acquire depth and we haven't really done that

lol what?

I'd love to see someone grade us by round. It's mesmerizing how we can be so good and yet so bad at the early rounds. It's like we are three point sharpshooters but can't hit free throws.
Agree with all your grades except 3rd Rd. Too many fails there to get an A+. Tarvarius Moore, TDP, Sermon, Gray, Witherspoon. All bad. Warner is really it.

I do draft grades and am working on a project now grading every draft from 2000 to present. Below is what the league is averaging so far:

Rd 1: A: 20% B: 14%, C: 22%; D: 13%; F: 9%
Rd 2: A: 7%; B: 9%, C: 27%; D: 18%; F: 15%
Rd 3: A: 4%; B: 6%, C: 18%; D: 21%; F: 25%
Rd 4: A: 2%; B: 15%, C: 24%; D: 24%; F: 31%
Rd 5: A: 2%; B: 11%, C: 20%; D: 20%; F: 40%
Rd 6: A: 0.6%; B: 8%, C: 17%; D: 17%; F: 49%
Rd 7: A: 0.3%; B: 7%, C: 16%; D: 16%; F: 55%

My grading system:

A = All Pro or multiple pro bowls
B - Maybe a pro bowl or 2; 6+ years as a starter
C - Your Avg player; No pro bowls but a decent player regardless; 3+ years as a starter
D - Role Player; Maybe a starter or maybe a backup with a few years in the league
F - Bust; Only played a couple years in the league

I'm more lenient on players than some of you probably are. For instance Solomon Thomas has a D grade and thats because he's continued to be in the league for multiple years. Yeah he was a bust for us but he is truly a backup caliber player.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Honestly, it's the best value possible cause the pick is guaranteed locked up for 4 years. If Brock was an UDFA, I think it would only be 3 years and the third year would be a first round tender situation. I could slightly be off on that but its ideal to have the cheap contract for four years, IMO.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38284480/the-surprising-upside-being-undrafted-free-agent-nfl

If he was undrafted we'd be paying him after this season. Udfas can start negotiating after two years of service. Then we could 1st round tender for two years but he might hold out.

It's the best case scenario at moment
Niners among the teams most interested in Ertz?
[ Edited by SLCNiner on Dec 6, 2023 at 11:14 AM ]
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

Is he a good blocker?
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Is he a good blocker?

No
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Is he a good blocker?

No

If that is the case, then i wouldn't sign him. He is not going to get enough targets to be worth what we will pay him, and his blocking is what we most need him for.
Originally posted by miked1978:

I do draft grades and am working on a project now grading every draft from 2000 to present. Below is what the league is averaging so far:

Rd 1: A: 20% B: 14%, C: 22%; D: 13%; F: 9%
Rd 2: A: 7%; B: 9%, C: 27%; D: 18%; F: 15%
Rd 3: A: 4%; B: 6%, C: 18%; D: 21%; F: 25%
Rd 4: A: 2%; B: 15%, C: 24%; D: 24%; F: 31%
Rd 5: A: 2%; B: 11%, C: 20%; D: 20%; F: 40%
Rd 6: A: 0.6%; B: 8%, C: 17%; D: 17%; F: 49%
Rd 7: A: 0.3%; B: 7%, C: 16%; D: 16%; F: 55%

My grading system:

A = All Pro or multiple pro bowls
B - Maybe a pro bowl or 2; 6+ years as a starter
C - Your Avg player; No pro bowls but a decent player regardless; 3+ years as a starter
D - Role Player; Maybe a starter or maybe a backup with a few years in the league
F - Bust; Only played a couple years in the league

I'm more lenient on players than some of you probably are. For instance Solomon Thomas has a D grade and thats because he's continued to be in the league for multiple years. Yeah he was a bust for us but he is truly a backup caliber player.

There are several web sites that already do this. They each use slightly different criteria but they all end up with relatively similar results.

Is he a good blocker?

No

Who cares. He can catch. It's insurance in case Kittle gets dinged up.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Is he a good blocker?

No

Not only that, but it blocks another team from getting him. He's already stated he wants to play for a contender, so worst case is he's a bad ass decoy for us.

Is he a good blocker?

Not at all.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Eh.....

Cards cut him because he was dropping everything. That said, with Dwelley hurt, they could do worse than Ertz.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Eh.....

Cards cut him because he was dropping everything. That said, with Dwelley hurt, they could do worse than Ertz.

Ertz requested to be released

Is he a good blocker?

No

If that is the case, then i wouldn't sign him. He is not going to get enough targets to be worth what we will pay him, and his blocking is what we most need him for.

Who cares? Dwelley wasn't either. He's a mismatch in the slot and another massive RZ guy. Much like Reed was here.

block is not what we need him to do. We already have multiple blocking TEs.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Eh.....

He asked to be released. He's massively better than Ross as a pass catcher and Dwelley wasn't some plus blocker either
Share 49ersWebzone