There are 219 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Niners among the teams most interested in Ertz?

Is he a good blocker?

No

If that is the case, then i wouldn't sign him. He is not going to get enough targets to be worth what we will pay him, and his blocking is what we most need him for.

Who cares? Dwelley wasn't either. He's a mismatch in the slot and another massive RZ guy. Much like Reed was here.

block is not what we need him to do. We already have multiple blocking TEs.

Well we do need a replacement, we have the extra cash, and if there is no one better, then I guess I don't have a problem with it. If we do get him, I hope for the best.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
There are several web sites that already do this. They each use slightly different criteria but they all end up with relatively similar results.

I've seen all up numbers but not anything you can search by players and teams. Can you send me the sites?
Ertz is a good short-term signing for early scouting info on Arizona at the very least, after that reevaluate if we we wanna keep him for the rest of the year and playoffs if/when Dwelley returns or there's is a better call up from the PS.

edit: Latu is on IR. Only have Jake Tonges (who?) on the PS…Woerner and Brayden Willis backing up Kittle.
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Dec 6, 2023 at 12:05 PM ]
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Ertz requested to be released

He asked and the Cards had no issue with it since his snaps has been going down and he had been dropping passes and just not playing great in general.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Ertz is a good short-term signing for early scouting info on Arizona at the very least, after that reevaluate if we we wanna keep him for the rest of the year and playoffs if/when Dwelley returns or there's is a better call up from the PS.

edit: Latu is on IR. Only have Jake Tonges (who?) on the PS…Woerner and Brayden Willis backing up Kittle.
There will be times where we need to keep kittle at the line to help the OL.. who would you want running routes, dwelly or Ertz ?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Ertz requested to be released

He asked and the Cards had no issue with it since his snaps has been going down and he had been dropping passes and just not playing great in general.

I mean they already drafted their replacement, weren't going anywhere and Ertz was gone be gone next yr regardless.

He's still got something in the tank on a good team.
Well we do need a replacement, we have the extra cash, and if there is no one better, then I guess I don't have a problem with it. If we do get him, I hope for the best.

At this point it's a solid addition if it happens.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by Rice-a-Ronnie:
I'd love to see someone grade us by round. It's mesmerizing how we can be so good and yet so bad at the early rounds. It's like we are three point sharpshooters but can't hit free throws.
Agree with all your grades except 3rd Rd. Too many fails there to get an A+. Tarvarius Moore, TDP, Sermon, Gray, Witherspoon. All bad. Warner is really it.

dude i think you have no idea

in all round if you get 1 long term starter the draft is considered a win

You still need to acquire depth and we haven't really done that

lol what?

OL is full of problems
OL is full of problems

Find 1 singular team that is happy with their OL depth
I'd love to see someone grade us by round. It's mesmerizing how we can be so good and yet so bad at the early rounds. It's like we are three point sharpshooters but can't hit free throws.
Agree with all your grades except 3rd Rd. Too many fails there to get an A+. Tarvarius Moore, TDP, Sermon, Gray, Witherspoon. All bad. Warner is really it.

lol what?

OL is full of problems

You said they haven't really acquired depth, which is not accurate.

lol what?

OL is full of problems

You said they haven't really acquired depth, which is not accurate.

I would argue we have bad OL, TE, and questionable depth at DB.
OL is full of problems

Knowing how Purdy got hurt, we did nothing to address that part of the OL.
OL is full of problems

Philly is.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
OL is full of problems

Knowing how Purdy got hurt, we did nothing to address that part of the OL.

Feliciano and Pryor are decent 1 year rentals, but agree - I'd have loved an OLIneman pick instead of the Latu pick. I just hope Brendel, Burford, and McKivitz continue to improve. They held off that monster Eagle DLine, and blew them out, so🏹🏹🏹 up for that Entire OLine, for now.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Philly is.

Are they? Driscoll is pretty terrible. Backup guard is ok. Bama guy has barely played.
Share 49ersWebzone