LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 244 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Cook?

Running behind the atrocious Jets OLine will skew any RB's stats.

Maybe he's peaked out.

If I'm JL, I give his old buddy Saleh a call to get the facts. He'll get the truth from Saleh.

If he can still play and it fits financially then make the move.

As well as Mitchell ran last game - he's still an injury waiting to happen and Cook may be insurance.

I'm a big Mason fan and would love to see him get lots & lots of carries to speed up his emergence as a top level runner.

Breece Hall's stats look fine.

Also, Cook wants to play in the playoff. I don't think he wants to be inactive on gameday unless there is an injury.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Digger:
Man hard to believe Gurley only played 6 seasons, he was THE fantasy RB for a couple years there. And Cook was really done after 6 too, even though this is his 7th season.

Careers like this is why whenever someone argues that Frank Gore was just a stat accumulator due to playing so long I retort with the longevity itself being HoF worthy. RBs sticking around for 16 seasons is practically unheard of.

Yup very good point!!!

I've brought up the stat on FB that Gore had a streak of 9 seasons with 4.0+ ypc, tying Jim Brown and only trailing Barry Sanders who had 10 seasons (those 9 seasons were all with the 49ers BTW)... I believe 200+ carries minimum....

Lots of these idiot casuals dismissed it like it wasn't important. But no other RBs ever could say the same....Walter Payton had 3.x slump somewhere halfway over his first ten seasons. Adrian Peterson, LaDainian Tomlinson, Emmitt Smith, Curtis Martin, Marshawn Lynch, Marshall Faulk, Eric Dickerson, Earl Campbell, Thurman Thomas, Jerome Bettis, Jamaal Charles, Steven Jackson, go ahead name it, none of them had 9 seasons at 4.0+ ypc.

An RB has to be healthy and put in maximum effort each time they get the ball to deliver 4.0+ ypc over an entire season. That's so damn hard to do versus say playing WR where you can take routes off from time to time....

Just imagine if Gore was drafted as the Harbaugh era started.....my God.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jan 3, 2024 at 1:12 PM ]
Man hard to believe Gurley only played 6 seasons, he was THE fantasy RB for a couple years there. And Cook was really done after 6 too, even though this is his 7th season.

Careers like this is why whenever someone argues that Frank Gore was just a stat accumulator due to playing so long I retort with the longevity itself being HoF worthy. RBs sticking around for 16 seasons is practically unheard of.

Especially after knee injuries
Originally posted by Patton:

Especially after knee injuries

And then, 312 carries in his second season, and 200+ carries for 11 straight seasons afterward. And most of those seasons were power running from the I-Formation as a bellcow RB, in the teeth of the defensive/offensive line piles. Incredible he played for so long.
imagine if we some how actually did get Jaylon Johnson this year.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
imagine if we some how actually did get Jaylon Johnson this year.
mutually part ways after sunday ?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ncninerfan:
I think about all of our starters and solid backups who were drafted by Lynch/Peters and maybe a predecessor. Does anyone else in the NFL do as well as we do in the draft? My hat's off the front office for bringing in all this talent at the ground level.

Offense via draft: Purdy, Deebo, BA, Kittle, Jennings, Mitchell, Mason, Banks, Burford, McKivitz

Defense via draft: Bosa, Armstead, Kinlaw, Warner, Greenlaw, Hufanga, Thomas, Lenoir, Brown

Special teams via draft: Wishnowky, Moody

This is the way to build an NFL empire! I am a grateful fan.

Agree 💯%, and the biggest draft pick in recent memory - for sure - is that 7th rounder (pick 262) in 2022.

My hope now is that John and Adam persuade Kyle to draft some OLinemen in the next draft! I don't want Andrew Luck's career on anybody, including our new Franchise QB.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I love how this team has been built mostly from the draft, but also trades(CMC & Trent), and big signings(Hargrave & Ward).

Brendel and some of the other undrafted free agents (Mason etc...) have been pretty darn good too. I'd say Brendel would (on *my* re-evaluation) would be worth a 3rd round pick, and Mason - definitely a TDP/3rd round pick level guy too. Hitting on these undrafted free agents is huge for the 49er front office as it helps the cap and draft capital to be allocated so much more effectively.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by Silky:
Dalvin Cook anybody?

I haven't watch him play this season, but his stat is way down. He seems to be done, similar to 2019 Todd Gurley.

Not sure how many years CMC have left.

If he's anything like Marshall Faulk, he has about 5 years left (Marshall retired - I think - at around the age of 32) Christian is (I think) 27 right now.
Since my Dad was a huge Vikings fan, I saw all Cook games, he's really gone downhill, injury prone, just wasn't worth it, plus not effective enough

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by ncninerfan:
I think about all of our starters and solid backups who were drafted by Lynch/Peters and maybe a predecessor. Does anyone else in the NFL do as well as we do in the draft? My hat's off the front office for bringing in all this talent at the ground level.

Offense via draft: Purdy, Deebo, BA, Kittle, Jennings, Mitchell, Mason, Banks, Burford, McKivitz

Defense via draft: Bosa, Armstead, Kinlaw, Warner, Greenlaw, Hufanga, Thomas, Lenoir, Brown

Special teams via draft: Wishnowky, Moody

This is the way to build an NFL empire! I am a grateful fan.

Agree 💯%, and the biggest draft pick in recent memory - for sure - is that 7th rounder (pick 262) in 2022.

My hope now is that John and Adam persuade Kyle to draft some OLinemen in the next draft! I don't want Andrew Luck's career on anybody, including our new Franchise QB.

Absolutely!

And, IMO, don't waste big$$$ on resigning Chase Young. Pay Feliciano, Banks and get the best affordable ROT we can get and then draft heavy Oline.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Hahaha nice joke.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

f**k PFF. We have AB.
Share 49ersWebzone