LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 210 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Whats great about this organization is they move on pretty quick. Trey was gone in year 3, and they spent 3 first rounders on him. Aiyuk is going to be a challenging sign. There's going to be a bidding war for him.

I expect them to extend Aiyuk before the start of 24.

Aiyuk's not going anywhere, he'll be extended in July/August of this year.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Whats great about this organization is they move on pretty quick. Trey was gone in year 3, and they spent 3 first rounders on him. Aiyuk is going to be a challenging sign. There's going to be a bidding war for him.

What about Hufanga?
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

What about Hufanga?

I doubt they sign him to a big money deal, not in the offseason, maybe in season, they need to see how the ACL injury heels, need to be safe than sorry.
I don't see BA being extended in the off season or it being an easy task. dude is gonna want big bucks especially if they win the SB.
https://www.49erswebzone.com/news/178102-nfl-owners-complain-earned-minority/

Seems silly because they're the ones that passed the rule.
And two, it just says a lot that we're so good at developing execs/coaches that other teams want them in their organizations.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I don't see BA being extended in the off season or it being an easy task. dude is gonna want big bucks especially if they win the SB.

They can make it work if he's willing to push his bigger yearly salaries to 26.
Originally posted by lamontb:

BA isn't going anywhere, neither is Jauan Jennings, watch. 👍
[ Edited by BP13 on Feb 7, 2024 at 3:07 PM ]
How much more does the cap go up next year?
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Is this guy ever going to be held accountable for all the draft picks he's whiffed on?

It would probably be a good time to pick offensive line for a change. Since we never do. It always burns us in the big games.

Originally posted by Koldo:
Is this guy ever going to be held accountable for all the draft picks he's whiffed on?

The answer is no, unfortunately. Webzoners give him a pass on the Trey Lance debacle because we got Purdy and they claim that offsets it, but it doesn't because we need those picks we traded away. 3 first rounders for the third overall pick is boneheaded always.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It would probably be a good time to pick offensive line for a change. Since we never do. It always burns us in the big games.

When we need to, we pick the wrong guy. I love Banks, but Humphreys was also there.
Will draft another edge rusher in the 1st round. Defensive line wins championships. We gotta emulate those 2002 Buccaneers bro. You guys just don't get it. You don't know football
Originally posted by CardinalGold:
Originally posted by Koldo:

The answer is no, unfortunately. Webzoners give him a pass on the Trey Lance debacle because we got Purdy and they claim that offsets it, but it doesn't because we need those picks we traded away. 3 first rounders for the third overall pick is boneheaded always.

Yup ShannyLynch have been goin aroung saying the knew they had something special. Yet they waited till the very last pick then sat him behind Lance and Jimmy G and were forced to play him. That and missing on Mahomes are egregious. The Mahomes miss cost us some rings.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 11, 2024 at 11:46 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone