LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 211 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Will draft another edge rusher in the 1st round. Defensive line wins championships. We gotta emulate those 2002 Buccaneers bro. You guys just don't get it. You don't know football

That seems likely.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by CardinalGold:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Is this guy ever going to be held accountable for all the draft picks he's whiffed on?

The answer is no, unfortunately. Webzoners give him a pass on the Trey Lance debacle because we got Purdy and they claim that offsets it, but it doesn't because we need those picks we traded away. 3 first rounders for the third overall pick is boneheaded always.

Yup ShannyLynch have been goin aroung saying the knew they had something special. Yet they waited till the very last pick then sat him behind Lance and Jimmy G and were forced to play him. That and missing on Mahomes are egregious. The Mahomes miss cost us some rings.

I don't remember them saying special. Kyle just thought Brock was the better of the three. But they let it play out because of the investment in Trey and Jimmy to a lesser extent. And if you are going to bring up Mahommes, then you outta bring up the fact that Lynch said to Kyle, you should take a look at Mahommes. I'm not going to stay mad forever at that. What's done is done. What I am looking to see is if there are any adjustments to the team building philosophy this offseason and the offensive and defensive playcalling next year.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Will draft another edge rusher in the 1st round. Defensive line wins championships. We gotta emulate those 2002 Buccaneers bro. You guys just don't get it. You don't know football

That seems likely.

This philosophy was also born out of the 2007 Giants, 2011 Giants and 2015 Broncos SB wins. Problem now is that the NFL doesnt want refs to ever call offensive holding in the playoffs, so unless you get a free pass by the opposing OL Jones/McKivitz style DLs may be less impactful than DBs again in the postseason.
[ Edited by captveg on Feb 12, 2024 at 12:17 AM ]
Originally posted by captveg:

That seems likely.

This philosophy was also born out of the 2007 Giants, 2011 Giants and 2015 Broncos SB wins. Problem now is that the NFL doesnt want refs to ever call offensive holding in the playoffs, so unless you get a free pass by the opposing OL Jones/McKivitz style DLs may be less impactful than DBs again in the postseason.

The NFL is an offense league now. All the rules are rigged for the offense. Better to build up that end.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Feb 12, 2024 at 12:21 AM ]

That seems likely.

The NFL is an offense league now. All the rules are rigged against the offense. Better to build up that end.

Oh, absolutely. I'd rather stack the OL and win 45-40 shoot outs going forward.

That seems likely.

The NFL is an offense league now. All the rules are rigged against the offense. Better to build up that end.

We should go corner or right tackle first round but we know they won't. Probably a book end for Bosa since they probably won't keep chase.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Whats great about this organization is they move on pretty quick. Trey was gone in year 3, and they spent 3 first rounders on him. Aiyuk is going to be a challenging sign. There's going to be a bidding war for him.

I expect them to extend Aiyuk before the start of 24.

Aiyuk's not going anywhere, he'll be extended in July/August of this year.

What about Hufanga?

I doubt they sign him to a big money deal, not in the offseason, maybe in season, they need to see how the ACL injury heels, need to be safe than sorry.

I remember you had a nice offseason plan that included extending Ward, Armstead, Greenlaw, Aiyuk, and Young. I can't remember if Banks was included, but do you think Young may now be out and Lenoir is in?
oline with one of the first two picks! period
100% expect him to f**k up the draft again
Originally posted by jreff22:

Next draft makes our breaks the team as we know it imo

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Next draft makes our breaks the team as we know it imo

Yep.

This upcoming draft is a put up or shut up draft.

Just think about it. These guys didn't even scout Mahomes really but yet thought trading away picks for Lance was a good idea.
The Lance move will hurt us for at least a decade

We need Oline help badly. Oline also needs better coaching.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Just think about it. These guys didn't even scout Mahomes really but yet thought trading away picks for Lance was a good idea.

Not the same circumstances between those draft years.

Many a rebuild has failed because a team drafted a QB in the 1st round when they stunk. I'm not saying that passing on Mahomes wasn't a mistake - it will go down as the greatest mistake of every non-Chiefs team of this 20 year period - but Mahomes going to a stable, talented KC environment instead of a talent starved rebuilding 49ers also cannot be accounted for.
[ Edited by captveg on Feb 12, 2024 at 5:08 AM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:

Not the same circumstances between those draft years.

Many a rebuild has failed because a team drafted a QB in the 1st round when they stunk. I'm not saying that passing on Mahomes wasn't a mistake - it will go down as the greatest mistake of every non-Chiefs team of this 20 year period - but Mahomes going to a stable, talented KC environment instead of a talent starved rebuilding 49ers also cannot be accounted for.

Facts. Mahommes went to a playoff team that was averaging 25 ppg.
Share 49ersWebzone