LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 212 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by captveg:
Not the same circumstances between those draft years.

Many a rebuild has failed because a team drafted a QB in the 1st round when they stunk. I'm not saying that passing on Mahomes wasn't a mistake - it will go down as the greatest mistake of every non-Chiefs team of this 20 year period - but Mahomes going to a stable, talented KC environment instead of a talent starved rebuilding 49ers also cannot be accounted for.

It's actually worse. They traded up in the Lance draft without even knowing who they wanted to pick. How f**king stupid is that?
[ Edited by dhp318 on Feb 12, 2024 at 5:47 AM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by jreff22:
100% expect him to f**k up the draft again

Just think about it. These guys didn't even scout Mahomes really but yet thought trading away picks for Lance was a good idea.

You will get the so did 30 other coaches argument. Lol
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Just think about it. These guys didn't even scout Mahomes really but yet thought trading away picks for Lance was a good idea.

There's enough to be pissed about. Sounds like a spouse bringing up things from years ago at this point just to make themselves madder. We going to bring up Joe Williams too? Paying big bucks to Malcolm Smith? Let's just bring up all the boneheaded decisions since clearly this regime just doesn't know how to draft
Originally posted by dhp318:

Many a rebuild has failed because a team drafted a QB in the 1st round when they stunk. I'm not saying that passing on Mahomes wasn't a mistake - it will go down as the greatest mistake of every non-Chiefs team of this 20 year period - but Mahomes going to a stable, talented KC environment instead of a talent starved rebuilding 49ers also cannot be accounted for.

It's actually worse. They traded up in the Lance draft without even knowing who they wanted to pick. How f**king stupid is that?

Im slightly grateful for that trade if it means no more projects within the first five rounds for a few years. The cost of this team is swelling and we need guys that can play now, not later.
They must nail the draft this year. Coulda gone o-line instead of Cam latu, etc. etc. No more f**king around, Draft O line from a big time program
Originally posted by BP13:
They must nail the draft this year. Coulda gone o-line instead of Cam latu, etc. etc. No more f**king around, Draft O line from a big time program

THIS!!!
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

There's enough to be pissed about. Sounds like a spouse bringing up things from years ago at this point just to make themselves madder. We going to bring up Joe Williams too? Paying big bucks to Malcolm Smith? Let's just bring up all the boneheaded decisions since clearly this regime just doesn't know how to draft

I was joking about the usual back and forth around here. I think Lynch has been great overall, but our last two drafts hurt the team big time and last year especially. Next draft has to be productive. If we don't have a good draft we will drift back to the main pack in the NFC. If KC has a good draft god bless everyone.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The NFL is an offense league now. All the rules are rigged for the offense. Better to build up that end.

THIS.

except for you know.. 3/4 championship game teams were the top 3 defenses in the league and that the SB was a defensive slugfest and the team that won was the team who's defense was able to maintain pressure on the opposing QB longest...
Might be nothing but the name sounded familiar to me. Long time scout and front office member with the Cardinals, has had multiple GM interviews in recent years.

Also a former teammate of John Lynch with the Broncos.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

So like co-asst GMs sort of?
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

So like co-asst GMs sort of?

Pretty much absorbing the assistant GM position. I'd imagine both would help lead free agency vs. the draft process and have some cross over work overall.
Music to my ears. Build around Brock should be the theme of the offseasons moving foward.

• thl408
Originally posted by Heroism:
Music to my ears. Build around Brock should be the theme of the offseasons moving foward.

I read that as, "draft more DL".
Originally posted by dhp318:

LMAO

Only 9 teams passed on Mahomes.
[ Edited by glorydayz on Feb 27, 2024 at 2:38 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone