There are 302 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Actually if they traded up to where the Bengals or Vikings picked they would be able to draft Fautanu. The chart value was a 2nd and 2 4ths. Throw in a second from next year and we would be there. It is necessary and if we think that atrocious line play is ok then yes Purdy will have a shorter career. It's Kyles / Lynch's ego and I ssay Kyle' just thinks he's smarter and can scheme around a bad line play.

This was the last year for this group of players and how Purdy is still alive after the year is over. We won't make it to the NFCCG without better line play. McKivitz is not going to magically get better. We may get better guard play but we shall see.

I just remember when anything but winning a Superbowl was a bad year. As I've said before we always had good or great Olines.

You clearly don't remember 1994. Steve Young wasn't crawling around on the turf at the Silverdome because he liked the feel.

Fautanu might not even stick at tackle in the pros. I'm not trading 2 2s and 2 4s for that.

They did get better if you remember and they were solid with Deese, Barton and the rest I can't remember.

I do remember the Lions game after getting his ass kicked in the Philly game, Steve crawling of the field. That lunched the superbowl victory.

Fautanu from his time at Washington was just what they like in tackles.

Next year I would not do the trade this year I would even for the large bounty.
[ Edited by bassmanr on Apr 30, 2024 at 9:43 PM ]
Come on you know he's not going to get to the point of being good enough over the summer. It would be close to a miracle that he does not get Purdy killed next year. Watch the Baltimore and Cleveland games.

Detroit got better the eagles may have gotten better and Rams have had an impressive draft and rebuild. The Packers are up in coming not to mention the Bears. This was our year and we blew it this offseason not addressing the biggest need on this team.

So you thought the Chiefs tackles were "good enough" in the SuperBowl?
They did get better if you remember and they were solid with Supolo, Barton, Wallace and the rest I can't remember.

I do remember the Lions game after getting his ass kicked in the Philly game, Steve crawling of the field. That lunched the superbowl victory.

Glad you aren't the GM. Other gm's would smell the desperation. Very Ryan Pace like.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Apr 30, 2024 at 9:41 PM ]
Come on you know he's not going to get to the point of being good enough over the summer. It would be close to a miracle that he does not get Purdy killed next year. Watch the Baltimore and Cleveland games.

Detroit got better the eagles may have gotten better and Rams have had an impressive draft and rebuild. The Packers are up in coming not to mention the Bears. This was our year and we blew it this offseason not addressing the biggest need on this team.

Well, the chiefs did win the super bowl and their gm
drafted a new tackle.....

Yes they were good enough... they also had Mahomes and Reid. The superbowl win is proof. Yes their D won it for them but the tackles were just good enough.
They did get better if you remember and they were solid with Supolo, Barton, Wallace and the rest I can't remember.

Glad you aren't the GM. Other gm's would smell the desperation. Very Ryan Pace like.

Not if you were good at negotiating and did it correctly.

You were the one last year who told me about Kingsley and I watched him. Thought he would be a good fit. That also went away as well in the 2nd.

Look the Niners had the team this year if they fixed the line, they didn't and they will not make even the NFCCG because of it.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

You guys bring up a good point, the guys with the really high paid tackles didn't make it to the super bowl.

In fact, we had the highly paid best tackle on the field (Big Trent) during the super bowl and it didn't work out for us either.
Actually if they traded up to where the Bengals or Vikings picked they would be able to draft Fautanu. The chart value was a 2nd and 2 4ths. Throw in a second from next year and we would be there. It is necessary and if we think that atrocious line play is ok then yes Purdy will have a shorter career. It's Kyles / Lynch's ego and I ssay Kyle' just thinks he's smarter and can scheme around a bad line play.

This was the last year for this group of players and how Purdy is still alive after the year is over. We won't make it to the NFCCG without better line play. McKivitz is not going to magically get better. We may get better guard play but we shall see.

I just remember when anything but winning a Superbowl was a bad year. As I've said before we always had good or great Olines.

You clearly don't remember 1994. Steve Young wasn't crawling around on the turf at the Silverdome because he liked the feel.

Fautanu might not even stick at tackle in the pros. I'm not trading 2 2s and 2 4s for that.

They did get better if you remember and they were solid with Deese, Barton and the rest I can't remember.

The rest you can't remember?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

They also drafted a tackle last year and everyone praised them for it and then he couldn't beat out an UDFA OT nearly the whole season to backup two mediocre starting tackles.

Clearly they showed you can win with flaws at tackle. Could do it again.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Apr 30, 2024 at 10:47 PM ]

You were the one last year who told me about Kingsley and I watched him. Thought he would be a good fit. That also went away as well in the 2nd.

Look the Niners had the team this year if they fixed the line, they didn't and they will not make even the NFCCG because of it.

Team decided he wasnt.

You do realize the team also had only Luter signed at cb past 2024 right? Secondary has also been a struggle spot for this team. It isn't like they used a 2 on a DE. They addressed a pressing need for the first time ever in the first 2 rounds.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Apr 30, 2024 at 10:50 PM ]

Team decided he wasnt.

You do realize the team also had only Luter signed at cb past 2024 right? Secondary has also been a struggle spot for this team. It isn't like they used a 2 on a DE. They addressed a pressing need for the first time ever in the first 2 rounds.
why feed the trolls?
For context, Donovan Smith, Wanya Morris and Jawaan Taylor were all graded lower from PFF than Colton Mckivitz.

So no, Mckivitz flaws are not gonna single handedly cost the 9ers the SB.
I have to say real quick. This has been one of my favorite draft classes.

I really feel like they hit with first 5 picks. All guys I feel like will contribute sooner than later and will make this team better.
Yes they were good enough... they also had Mahomes and Reid. The superbowl win is proof. Yes their D won it for them but the tackles were just good enough.

They had two horrible OTs. They were both two of the worsted graded starting pass blockers in football.

if SF won the SB. You wouldn't be saying Colton was good lol. Keep s**t real at least.
For context, Donovan Smith, Wanya Morris and Jawaan Taylor were all graded lower from PFF than Colton Mckivitz.

So no, Mckivitz flaws are not gonna single handedly cost the 9ers the SB.

Taylor and Smith were two of the worst starting OTs in regards to pass-blocking last yr…he's one of the highest paid RTs in football

SF lost that SB for numerous reasons. Acting like a RT or RG was the main reason is weak sauce.

we all think the OL can improve they added some dudes via the draft and resigned a top 5 rated OG from last yr.
Share 49ersWebzone