There are 146 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by elguapo:
To Lynch and company:

Just sign Robert Tunyan (sp) and call it a day. He's also Kittles boy and will be cheap thanks to the Bears absolutely tanking his value. He had a tremendous year with Rogers throwing to him, I think he had 13 Tds

Is he a free agent or would it take a trade?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
To Lynch and company:

Just sign Robert Tunyan (sp) and call it a day. He's also Kittles boy and will be cheap thanks to the Bears absolutely tanking his value. He had a tremendous year with Rogers throwing to him, I think he had 13 Tds

He's a free agent. I think previous to last year he's always been average to slightly above on a good day. I'd agree though until proven otherwise he'd be the second best tight end on this roster. Im actually worried about the depth behind Kittle.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
To Lynch and company:

He's a free agent. I think previous to last year he's always been average to slightly above on a good day. I'd agree though until proven otherwise he'd be the second best tight end on this roster. Im actually worried about the depth behind Kittle.

That's been the issue for like over 5 years now and it pisses me off. Once Kittle gets his anual muscle pull the TE position is absolutely worthless and more like another OT on the field
To Lynch and company:

They should at least bring him for a look/evaluation.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Can't read, behind a paywall.
Here's a great article from May 9th, on OverTheCap.com, where Nick Korte, the guy who does the compensatory pick projections for OTC, and he goes over why both the Bills & 49ers didn't get a 3rd rd comp pick, instead they got 4th rd comp picks, and well it has to do with restructures.

Basically when the 49ers redid Arik Armstead's deal in 2022 & 2023, instead of his actual APY being $17M a yr, as it was a 5yr/$85M deal, the part of the NFL that does these calculations, for some reason count the void years' "salaries", despite them not being real, anyway, they count the void years, and then they come up with a $28M APY for Armstead, even though he never made anywhere near that a year, he may have had a cap hit that high, but only due to prorated bonuses, but because of this the 49ers lost the 3rd-round comp pick for losing McGlinchey, instead the NFL turned it into a 4th-round comp pick.

It's so stupid, even Nick Korte agrees with this, as he says it in the article, as the Bills GM was asked by a local station in Buffalo, NY about the reasoning for a 4th and not a 3rd, he mentioned us, and the void years, making a contract look higher APY wise than it actually is/was, Beane didn't mention the player, just with San Francisco in the interview he did, saying it had to do with void year, restructures, counting what is fake money as part of the players APY.

Anyway, I, along with Nick agree that this shouldn't have happened, but it is what it is, stupid IMO, just goes to show you that sometimes restructures can indeed come back to bite you in the ass, I'm assuming the 49ers didn't know about this whole restructures, void years being used in calculating comp picks, as it's literally a top secret that only the NFL itself knows about, not even the teams know this, well now they do thanks to the Bills GM putting it out there in the public, so now the 49ers & every NFL team knows this.

https://overthecap.com/the-mystery-on-the-3rd-4th-round-compensatory-pick-cutoff-has-been-solved
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

I don't think it is

I don't think it is

It's not

This was the one I was referring to yesterday about Nugent

https://www.mercurynews.com/2024/05/11/kurtenbach-five-observations-from-49ers-rookie-camp-the-niners-found-some-undrafted-free-agent-gems/
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

I don't think it is

It's not

This was the one I was referring to yesterday about Nugent

https://www.mercurynews.com/2024/05/11/kurtenbach-five-observations-from-49ers-rookie-camp-the-niners-found-some-undrafted-free-agent-gems/

I felt that Nugent might have the best chance of making the team. Idf nothing else he provides depth at a position of need. He can lay guard if needed although he's a little undersized at that spot for the NFL.

To Lynch and company:

They should at least bring him for a look/evaluation.

I agree, I don't know why it's so damn hard to take a look at him when it's obvious we need a TE2 that's solid and this guy is that. He had an exceptional year a few years ago and if he has that ability, of course, we should sign him. He would be very cheap. I've been calling this for months, so I hope it happens. Kittle has worked with him and I hope he speaks up and lets Lynch know this guy could be pretty good in this system
What do you guys think about Dalton Risner?

I don't think it is

Dieter & Jake> most watchable 49er channel !
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I felt that Nugent might have the best chance of making the team. Idf nothing else he provides depth at a position of need. He can lay guard if needed although he's a little undersized at that spot for the NFL.

I'm really intrigued by the nugent signing. We desperately need a good prospect to develop there and I like him, seems to struggle with speed but I'm hoping he can improve there.

having a quick, strong, agile, center is what the eagles did with Kelce. Maybe that's the direction the position is heading in.
Share 49ersWebzone