There are 159 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Chris Simms basically confirmed what many have been saying - Kyle has final say on every player. Total power.

But I'm sure there still will be people who will cite the press conference 7 years ago that Lynch is the one constructing the roster lol.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Chris Simms basically confirmed what many have been saying - Kyle has final say on every player. Total power.

But I'm sure there still will be people who will cite the press conference 7 years ago that Lynch is the one constructing the roster lol.

Chris Simms 🤣

Of course Kyle has a massive say in the roster. No one has ever said otherwise.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Chris Simms 🤣

Yup, also Chris Simms unbuttoned, and check out that shirt
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Chris Simms 🤣

Yup, also Chris Simms unbuttoned, and check out that shirt

I use too listen to his pod on B/R because it was entertaining. I don't listen to his for actual football stuff though

lol give me a break
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

lol give me a break

the roster hasnt been the problem. we have probowlers and all pros everywhere...
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
the roster hasnt been the problem. we have probowlers and all pros everywhere...

Problem has been that other team has Pat Mahomes and we dont.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

All the pro bowl skill position players in the world won't help if your QB is running for his life
Originally posted by mcwoot:
All the pro bowl skill position players in the world won't help if your QB is running for his life

Kc just won the SB with theirs running for his

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

In all honesty though, their O-line was holding 49ers D-line to save Mahomes lives. It was there for all of us to see.
[ Edited by Kolohe on May 16, 2024 at 8:38 AM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

He's also a generational talent

Chris Simms 🤣

This!

Disagree w/some who think Lynch does nothing and is just there to breath.
Chris is pretty spot on with this. But it's nothing new, we knew Kyle has been calling the shots. I do think he sort of runs out of time to watch all the tape and let's the scouts pick on the last day (hence why we do much better picking in later rounds).
So far we have come through with savvy free agent pickups and late round steals. But wow how good could we be if we picked better in the first three rounds. We are a 3 point sharpshooter that can't make free throws.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rice-a-Ronnie:
Chris is pretty spot on with this. But it's nothing new, we knew Kyle has been calling the shots. I do think he sort of runs out of time to watch all the tape and let's the scouts pick on the last day (hence why we do much better picking in later rounds).
So far we have come through with savvy free agent pickups and late round steals. But wow how good could we be if we picked better in the first three rounds. We are a 3 point sharpshooter that can't make free throws.

Personally I think Kyle knows he's going to miss Adam Peter's, and so he's going to lean a lot more on his staff (in the future) to help him pick players. After all I think that's how Purdy was picked. I think Slowick, Griese advocated for Brock, and John said let's pick him vs him going to undrafted free agency, and Kyle went with it. I'm hoping his thought process is, well if it worked for Purdy and that last round, maybe it will work in the first couple of rounds too.
Share 49ersWebzone