LISTEN: Brock Purdy's Critics Don't Live In Reality →

There are 267 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • KiwiM
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mitpdub:
lol this guy. There's no ethics in his journalism making so much 💩 up.

Whilst I'm no fan of Grant and his cronies I wouldn't completely dismiss this.

I could see there being built up frustration of getting so close but not getting over the hump.

Wasn't Jed's uncle Eddie notorious for being frustrated and nearly fired Walsh multiple times?

I remember a decade or so on here people were adamant that there was no rift between owners/harbaugh/baalke.

People were adamant the media were out to get the 49ers and just spreading rumours.

After an offseason and season fans finally started accepting that yes there was an issue and there would be a change. That yes there was a breakdown of the working relationship.

It will be interesting to hear if other insiders (national and 49ers) come out and deny it or what they say.
Originally posted by Fresno49er:
Who else is up for a contract extension next year besides Purdy? Demo, Hufanga, anyone else?
2025 free agents: Ward, Greenlaw, Campbell, Feliciano, Dobbs, Givens, Allen, Flannigan-Fowles, Yiadom, Banks, Conley, Saubert, Ya-Sin, Thomas, Parker, Bartch, Robinson, Taylor, Moore, Lenoir, Hufanga, Mitchell, Tonges (ERFA), Mason (RFA).
2026 free agents: Purdy, Deebo, Kittle, Collins, Floyd, Gross-Matos, Jennings, Juice, Elliott, McKivitz, Jackson, Pepper, Burford, Zakelj, Davis
Originally posted by KiwiM:

I could see there being built up frustration of getting so close but not getting over the hump.

Wasn't Jed's uncle Eddie notorious for being frustrated and nearly fired Walsh multiple times?

I remember a decade or so on here people were adamant that there was no rift between owners/harbaugh/baalke.

People were adamant the media were out to get the 49ers and just spreading rumours.

After an offseason and season fans finally started accepting that yes there was an issue and there would be a change. That yes there was a breakdown of the working relationship.

It will be interesting to hear if other insiders (national and 49ers) come out and deny it or what they say.

Jed signs off on the pre approval plan but I absolutely can see some concern for the future. I think folks think we can just keep resigning. That's gonna end soon. I have zero issue with Jed getting a little hot. I hope so and good for him. He has given them everything they could want. He was a cool cucumber with Trey Lance. The dude is a pretty good owner now. He expects the ultimate prize after giving them everything requested.

Yeah, Cohn a bit out there but he did have the breaking news right on at the moment. Shot chest and back his source. Correct. His source at time would think shot in back not understanding an exit wound. That report while criticized was darn near spot on minus exit wound.
So he may be right about office woes..
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Sep 3, 2024 at 10:06 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erson3:

Jed signs off on the pre approval plan but I absolutely can see some concern for the future. I think folks think we can just keep resigning. That's gonna end soon. I have zero issue with Jed getting a little hot. I hope so and good for him. He has given them everything they could want. He was a cool cucumber with Trey Lance. The dude is a pretty good owner now. He expects the ultimate prize after giving them everything requested.

Yeah, Cohn a bit out there but he did have the breaking news right on at the moment. Shot chest and back his source. Correct. His source at time would think shot in back not understanding an exit wound. That report while criticized was darn near spot on minus exit wound.
He's just trying to stir the pot and start s**t
Originally posted by Typecast:

Holy s**t what a clown. It sucks to see stuff like this pays his bills. He's getting "f**k you clicks" and it doesn't matter since a click is a click.

Shanahan has literally received multiple extensions/pay raises. Harbaugh was here 4 years and never received one.

I don't doubt York wants a sb badly. I do highly doubt Shanahan is on the hot seat because we're paying out on contracts.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 9erson3:

He's just trying to stir the pot and start s**t

They just got a 6year ? Extension last year. Kyle is more diplomatic than Harbaugh who inevitably ends all of his gigs himself. Grant always says his sources, just like he claimed he had an S.F. PD source on the shooting. I really think he throws spaghetti on the walls and hope it sticks but loves to swim against the current with his guesses.

Cohn's a clown, but I think this could have legs. I know some people are like "the front office IS John Lynch", but he's really just the face of the football ops. When it comes to actual money, the front office is Paraag, who reports directly to the Yorks and is their guy. Having concerns over spending being pushed on the money people by the football people, it definitely falls in the realm of possibility. Paraag is the one that negotiates the contracts and manages the caps. He's had a knack of undervaluing players until deadlines approach, then caving. He could be upset about caving to players because the football ops are pressuring him to do so. He could also feel like the football ops aren't doing their job and moving on from guys. He conveys his feelings to ownership and ownership starts to notice how each of these restructures and extensions are messing up their cash-on-hand.

Ownership did hand Lynch and Shanahan a multi-year extension last year. Maybe the honeymoon period on that is over.
[ Edited by Typecast on Sep 4, 2024 at 12:10 AM ]
Next SB 60 is in Santa Clara, if Jed clean house, we'll be like the Saints this year, no shot at it
Originally posted by Typecast:

Cohn's a clown, but I think this could have legs. I know some people are like "the front office IS John Lynch", but he's really just the face of the football ops. When it comes to actual money, the front office is Paraag, who reports directly to the Yorks and is their guy. Having concerns over spending being pushed on the money people by the football people, it definitely falls in the realm of possibility. Paraag is the one that negotiates the contracts and manages the caps. He's had a knack of undervaluing players until deadlines approach, then caving. He could be upset about caving to players because the football ops are pressuring him to do so. He could also feel like the football ops aren't doing their job and moving on from guys. He conveys his feelings to ownership and ownership starts to notice how each of these restructures and extensions are messing up their cash-on-hand.

Ownership did hand Lynch and Shanahan a multi-year extension last year. Maybe the honeymoon period on that is over.

There is zero evidence that this is even the tiniest of issues. You are getting worried over a made up report.

For anyone saying we spent a lot of money to stay the same team as last year - well you're not going to get much better than out current squad. We lost the Super Bowl last year cause of execution, not talent. Guys need to execute more and we would win.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
There is zero evidence that this is even the tiniest of issues. You are getting worried over a made up report.

There should be some bent feelings after Pearsall getting shot, the Aiyuk and Trent contract negotiations. Those were very hard negotiations. No doubt that there was frustration on both sides of the contract table. Having said that, I doubt it translates to much more than venting to Mr. ConeHead who is a click baiter and not a journalist.

Secondly it might be another counter intelligence program by ShanaLynch to smoke out the leakers.
Originally posted by tankle104:
For anyone saying we spent a lot of money to stay the same team as last year - well you're not going to get much better than out current squad. We lost the Super Bowl last year cause of execution, not talent. Guys need to execute more and we would win.

Wilks

Sorensen better be good.
I got a feeling he won't be as good as Demeco either, but it is wayyy early lol. Dco was just so damn good, smart. Really the best..Sorensen..idk, comes across as a laid back, surfer guy, that I would wanna bbq some links with..but not that same energy Dco had. More like, burn a little smoke and hit the beach vibes haha /j . We shall see, hopefully, he brings it.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Jcool:

There should be some bent feelings after Pearsall getting shot, the Aiyuk and Trent contract negotiations. Those were very hard negotiations. No doubt that there was frustration on both sides of the contract table. Having said that, I doubt it translates to much more than venting to Mr. ConeHead who is a click baiter and not a journalist.

Secondly it might be another counter intelligence program by ShanaLynch to smoke out the leakers.

Not sure how bad the Trent negotiations were. Seems like he didn't want to be at training camp and when it was the week before the season he signed.
Why would Jed fire Kyle and Lynch after struggling to find a good coach/GM after Harbaugh. Who's he going to hire?
Share 49ersWebzone