LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 223 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by KiwiM:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
lol this guy. There's no ethics in his journalism making so much 💩 up.

Whilst I'm no fan of Grant and his cronies I wouldn't completely dismiss this.

I could see there being built up frustration of getting so close but not getting over the hump.

Wasn't Jed's uncle Eddie notorious for being frustrated and nearly fired Walsh multiple times?

I remember a decade or so on here people were adamant that there was no rift between owners/harbaugh/baalke.

People were adamant the media were out to get the 49ers and just spreading rumours.

After an offseason and season fans finally started accepting that yes there was an issue and there would be a change. That yes there was a breakdown of the working relationship.

It will be interesting to hear if other insiders (national and 49ers) come out and deny it or what they say.

This is content filler for Cohn. I watched some of it and that was my impression.

In humoring this possibility, I would to love to hear Shanys replacement. Teams go decades looking for the right coach.

The front office is not pleased with John Lynch makes absolutely no f**king sense. John Lynch is the front office Cohn is a complete dumbass, moron.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Thats not what KC did, they let a guy walk instead of doing what we did with Bosa, TW, and B.A. These guys won't be ready to go for a while if ever this season but they will be in the game. Once again I could see how the F/O would be upset.

Yeah it's because they have the freaking GOAT at QB and have almost half a billion dollars set aside for him.

If you remember correctly KC tried to go after Trent Williams when he was gonna be a FA all the same. Instead they're paying a OG almost the same amount of cap space this yr as Trent.

What you think BA/Trent have been eating Cheetos on the couch all off season. Trent like he always does has been working out in Houston all off season. Dude is always ready to play. He doesn't even practice during the season.

you bring up KC. How about Chris Jones and him holding out through almost half the damn season last yr…how'd that work out? They "caved" and gave him what he wanted and he came in and played elite level football all the same.

Only whiners would be complaining about this team. Every week they're projected to win. Every yr is SB or bust. Meanwhile 90% of the league is just hoping to go +.500 and be better than last yr

F/O could be mad at this missed draft pick as well.

Not all rainbows and Unicorns when you don't win a super bowl.
https://fansided.com/posts/chiefs-owner-clark-hunt-cheapest-man-in-nfl-report

If not for mahomes they wouldn't have won s**t. The owner is reaping in the rewards and is riding that gravy train. He's not investing s**t there and got voted one of the cheapest owners in football last yr by NFL players. Bravo.

Acting like if you don't win a SB you can't pay players or the team is a failure is the problem I have with your very subject take.

every single team misses draft picks… the FACT that SF is paying a ton of players (most of which are home grown) directly disproves your take there.

also who the hell is the "FO" if you're gonna say ownership then say ownership. The FO is lynch and Kyle. The only dudes they answer too is ownership. Jed can't complain about money when he's the one who's signing off on the deal lolz. Let's stop pretending Grant has a f**king clue about anything. Dude has never broke a story in his life.

If not for mahomes they wouldn't have won s**t. The owner is reaping in the rewards and is riding that gravy train. He's not investing s**t there and got voted one of the cheapest owners in football last yr by NFL players. Bravo.

You could say the same about Brady & Montana, their teams probably wouldn't have won it without them.

You could say the same about Brady & Montana, their teams probably wouldn't have won it without them.

And? What Brock sucks now too?

Eddie paid his players generously. I'm sure you got bent out of shape over that one lol.

once Brady left the great Bill B was a sub .500 HC and now works for a worse version of PFF lol. Andy didn't win squat until he was gifted mahomes. Dude wanted Paxton Lynch for god sake.

Poor billionaire Jed has to pay good players because our GM/HC put together a great team that's in it every damn yr. Yeah I think Jed is just fine…dudes been through the tomsula/kelly/singletary yrs.
So what's the alternative? Don't pay for players that Kyle and his staff developed into some of the best players at their position and just do nothing lol? Derp

Eddie paid his players generously. I'm sure you got bent out of shape over that one lol.

once Brady left the great Bill B was a sub .500 HC and now works for a worse version of PFF lol. Andy didn't win squat until he was gifted mahomes. Dude wanted Paxton Lynch for god sake.

Poor billionaire Jed has to pay good players because our GM/HC put together a great team that's in it every damn yr. Yeah I think Jed is just fine…dudes been through the tomsula/kelly/singletary yrs.

Who gifted him Mahomes?

We're still the most talented team In the league Imo. That's something to be thankful for. The only thing missing, Is a super bowl, and that will come soon.

Who gifted him Mahomes?

If we win this year NYChief85 can say Kyle lucked into Purdy just the same. Circular logic etc.

Jed has been in a good place lately, but it's safe to say he had A LOT of growing pains to get there. I just hope he doesn't regress.

I dont think Kyle or John are in any danger of losing their jobs, but unlike these forums Jed can absolutely critique their mistakes and question their decisions, even if he's dumb as a rock.

Who gifted him Mahomes?

The most talented QB maybe ever went 10th in the draft to a team that just went 12-4 and all they really gave up was a 3rd round pick and a future 1.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

Owners don't care about a SB lol

They care about making money.

SBs are for fans to obsess over.
Originally posted by okdkid:

You can make a football case to get rid of some of the more higher paid 49ers (so they would have that to hide behind) and they would probably be making more money if they weren't paying these guys. Yet they keep resigning them to big contracts. Sounds like someone who controls the money likes the winning.
[ Edited by Jcool on Sep 4, 2024 at 11:29 AM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:

this is so derpy.

SB championships increase the overall value of the winning team. reportedly, by 20%-30%.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Jcool:
There is zero evidence that this is even the tiniest of issues. You are getting worried over a made up report.

There should be some bent feelings after Pearsall getting shot, the Aiyuk and Trent contract negotiations. Those were very hard negotiations. No doubt that there was frustration on both sides of the contract table. Having said that, I doubt it translates to much more than venting to Mr. ConeHead who is a click baiter and not a journalist.

Secondly it might be another counter intelligence program by ShanaLynch to smoke out the leakers.

Not sure how bad the Trent negotiations were. Seems like he didn't want to be at training camp and when it was the week before the season he signed.

Well those negotiations plus not winning a Superbowl after being in it twice. But those - to me - are minor quibbles that occur every year if your team doesn't win a 🏆. The team under ShanaLynch is in it every year. Just like water is wet, Mr. Cone is basically reporting that water is wet, in a sense.
Share 49ersWebzone