LISTEN: Brock Purdy's Critics Don't Live In Reality →

There are 103 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Viperboy:
We need to get rid of Kyle and John, so Jed could be back in charge.

Why not all the way and bring back Eddie!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

Because he's a felon
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Yeah it can. You can be up against a better team and still choke away your best chances. Like Shanahan does.

If the other team is better then that's going to happen. That isn't a choke.

A choke is losing to the inferior Ravens in 12 or Giants in 11.

The Ravens were a great team. Great defense. They could chuck bombs with Flacco. Justin Smith and Aldon Smith were both hurt going in to the Super Bowl. Not ideal and no pressure killed us. Had they been healthy I think we win that game.

You would be hard pressed to call the Giants inferior. They literally WON the SUPER BOWL. LOL. Thanks Kyle Williams too.

They weren't a great team. They were a HOT team. Their season stats were good, but not great for a SB winner - 10th in points on offense, 13th for points allowed on defense. SF was 11th in points scored and 2nd in points allowed. The defensive falloff due to the Smiths being worn down came up against an offense that was playing above its year average. Don't forget the defense played a similar game against Atlanta - bad first half, good second half. The hole was dug too deep in the SB.

The best team often doesn't win the title. The SF Giants were never the best team and they won 3 titles in 5 year. Then you have the Dodgers and Yankees that are loaded with talent and have 2 titles between them in the las 24 years. The 1989 49ers got hot at the end of that season with a 5 game winning streak. Then they rolled through the playoffs in total dominating fashion. They outscored their opponents 126-26.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:

Because he's a felon

He needs a second chance!

Because he's a felon

At his age Eddie has no desire to get back into football. He's living a comfortable life.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Because he's a felon

At his age Eddie has no desire to get back into football. He's living a comfortable life.

It was a joke!

Because he's a felon

It was a joke!

I know. I was just responding to anyone that actually thinks Eddie would come back.
Yeah it can. You can be up against a better team and still choke away your best chances. Like Shanahan does.

The Ravens were a great team. Great defense. They could chuck bombs with Flacco. Justin Smith and Aldon Smith were both hurt going in to the Super Bowl. Not ideal and no pressure killed us. Had they been healthy I think we win that game.

You would be hard pressed to call the Giants inferior. They literally WON the SUPER BOWL. LOL. Thanks Kyle Williams too.

They weren't a great team. They were a HOT team. Their season stats were good, but not great for a SB winner - 10th in points on offense, 13th for points allowed on defense. SF was 11th in points scored and 2nd in points allowed. The defensive falloff due to the Smiths being worn down came up against an offense that was playing above its year average. Don't forget the defense played a similar game against Atlanta - bad first half, good second half. The hole was dug too deep in the SB.

The best team often doesn't win the title. The SF Giants were never the best team and they won 3 titles in 5 year. Then you have the Dodgers and Yankees that are loaded with talent and have 2 titles between them in the las 24 years. The 1989 49ers got hot at the end of that season with a 5 game winning streak. Then they rolled through the playoffs in total dominating fashion. They outscored their opponents 126-26.

You're conflating the 1988 and 1989 49ers. In any case, sometimes the best team wins, sometimes the hot streak team wins. 2012 Ravens were the latter.
Extremely glad this team has Lynch - from the past, present, and helping lead the charge going forward!

You're conflating the 1988 and 1989 49ers. In any case, sometimes the best team wins, sometimes the hot streak team wins. 2012 Ravens were the latter.

I didn't have my glasses on and read the year wrong.

Because he's a felon

It was a joke!

I'd look into bringing Eddie back, if possible, as some sorta advisory role, if he'd want to, I like the idea of the 49ers bringing back former players & coaches to honor them, Gore is a scout for us for gods sake, glad he went into the 49ers HOF too, next is Pro Football HOF for Frank IMO.
I think it helps a lot with Lynch a former HOF player being in the FO. Bridging that gap between owner, FO, and players. Ozzie Newsome comes to mind too.

Not gonna lie, most of us were --WTF! when he was mentioned as a definite hire lol
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 9, 2024 at 11:00 AM ]
He's ben fantastic!
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think it helps a lot with Lynch a former HOF player being in the FO. Bridging that gap between owner, FO, and players. Ozzie Newsome comes to mind too.

Not gonna lie, most of us were --WTF! when he was mentioned as a definite hire lol

Well, just as long as Kyle Shanahan is coming here to be our head coach, we'll see how it all plays out.

After all these years it's safe to say John Lynch has earned his keep.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Extremely glad this team has Lynch - from the past, present, and helping lead the charge going forward!

I sure was one pissed off fan when he made the trade and took Trey Lance. Thank god for Brock Purdy!!
Share 49ersWebzone